cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

successful barclay arriaval recon, thanks :)

tag
slap_happy
Frequent Contributor

successful barclay arriaval recon, thanks :)

hey guys, DW has good credit, 740 across all 3 CB's, no baddies etc, she apped for the arrival a few nights ago and was instantly declined. 

the board said to recon since barclay is good with rocons and we did this afternoon, turns out the reason for decline which is a little conservitive to me was that on her discover she has 80% utiliazation due to a balance transfer that will be paid off slowly, she has no apr for 15 months, her overall util. is 13%

so when she explained that it was a balance transfer the CA said, oh, well that explainse that, I will approve you for $1000!. DW was happy, I said, no way, 

I told her to tell the lady on the line to hold, told DW tell her you need more, it will be your everyday card etc. she says. ok, I will raise it to $2500. 

much better then a decline Smiley Happy

thanks again to everyone on this board, in less then a year I have learned so much and raised DW and my scores from low 600's to mid 700's for her and high 700-low 800 for me. 

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Re: successful barclay arriaval recon, thanks :)

Congrats to DW!!
Message 2 of 8
yudeology101
Senior Contributor

WTG Congrats to your DW for a successful recon!!  That's how you do an initial CL recon, glad you were the expert in assisting your DW. Probably made her super happy Smiley Wink Congrats again.

JPM Ritz Carlton $8k I UMP Club $8k I CSP $8k | Chase Hyatt $5k I AMEX Green NPSL I AMEX Delta $2k I Citi AA $2k | C1 QS $4.5k
BOA UNC-CH Alumni $6k I Hawaiian WEMC $3k I Arrival $6.5k I IT $1.5k | Merrill+ $2k | Lowes $12k | Apple $2k | +23more
Scores: EQ:671 (FICO 11) EX:686 (FICO N/C) TU:686 (FICO N/C) *8-5-14*
Overall UTIL: 14% *Gardening Since: 1/20/16*
------------------------------------------------------------
Need to stay out of trouble.... Go Heels!!! ... GC Watchlist ( #1 since 12-12-13)
Message 3 of 8
-Wade-
Valued Contributor

@slap_happy wrote:

hey guys, DW has good credit, 740 across all 3 CB's, no baddies etc, she apped for the arrival a few nights ago and was instantly declined. 

the board said to recon since barclay is good with rocons and we did this afternoon, turns out the reason for decline which is a little conservitive to me was that on her discover she has 80% utiliazation due to a balance transfer that will be paid off slowly, she has no apr for 15 months, her overall util. is 13%

so when she explained that it was a balance transfer the CA said, oh, well that explainse that, I will approve you for $1000!. DW was happy, I said, no way, 

I told her to tell the lady on the line to hold, told DW tell her you need more, it will be your everyday card etc. she says. ok, I will raise it to $2500. 

much better then a decline Smiley Happy

thanks again to everyone on this board, in less then a year I have learned so much and raised DW and my scores from low 600's to mid 700's for her and high 700-low 800 for me. 

Congrats to your DW Smiley Happy

"Garden Club Member " Old user name newportguy*** Current Score: myFico EQ - 830 (07/16/2015) Discover TU Fico - 833 (09/03/2016) EX Fico - 839 ( 09/01/2016 ) ******* Amex - BCP 11.5K * Discover - IT 43.5 K * U.S. Bank Cash + Visa Signature 15.3 K * PenFed - Cash Rewards 15K *PenFed Power Cash 19K ** Amex - GDSM 10K ******FICO 800 Club Member ******* EQ 830 *** TU 833 *** EX 839 ***
****** Last HP & New TL was March 6th 2014 *** GOAL: No HP's or New TL's for 2 + years and 840's Scores ******
Message 4 of 8
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats on the double recon there Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 8
alvon123
Super Contributor

congrats

Message 6 of 8
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Congrats to DW! Great job pushing her into a great recon! Thanks for paying it forward and giving others the incentive to recon!

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 7 of 8
BigBS
Senior Contributor

Great teamwork there!  Congrats.

Score: EQ(809) EX(819) TU(800)
INQs: EQ(7) EX(16) TU(8)
Last INQ: 13 Jul 23

Total Credit Limit - $2.0M

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.