Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

the Uber Visa is mine at last

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

the Uber Visa is mine at last

APPROVED $2,500!!!

the starting limit isn't too bad so i didn't try to recon it. i might change my mind about that since my amex is 6k and they're about to give me a cli next week, possibly up to 18k. i don't want my other cards to be stuck for years at low limits.

datapoints: i think they pulled TU, my score was 739. i only had 2 cards on my credit reports at the time i apped and my oldest account was only 8mo old. if i waited a week to app my amex would of been reporting and i didn't know if that would help or hurt my approval chances since it would lower my AAoA and AoYA.

Message 1 of 31
30 REPLIES 30
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: the Uber Visa is mine at last

Congrats!  Best no AF card IMO their is if you eat/travel or order online.  Hard to beat it to be quite honest.  They just want your data/spending habits being uber Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 31
SEAlifer
Established Contributor

Congrats and thanks for all the data points! You’re making me want to apply myself!
AU

Message 3 of 31
mikesonthemend
Valued Contributor

Congrats!

Forgive me for thread-jacking:

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

Congrats!  Best no AF card IMO their is if you eat/travel or order online.  Hard to beat it to be quite honest.  They just want your data/spending habits being uber Smiley Happy

CC, would you mind sharing the benefits?

Living through Darwinism is so much worse than learning about about it in school.
Message 4 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

@SEAlifer wrote:
Congrats and thanks for all the data points! You’re making me want to apply myself!

do it! you'd get approved. i thought i'd get denied but wanted to app anyhow. i was gonna beat my head against the door til they let me in Smiley Happy

before i got the uber, i apped at BofA and they denied me. called recon and they told me my credit is trash because of the short history. they said they don't care about how good my scores are, my perfect payment history, or my low util. none of that. and yet they wouldn't tell me how long my history had to be to get in there. grrr. i won't be trying them again for a long long time.

Message 5 of 31
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@mikesonthemend wrote:

Congrats!

Forgive me for thread-jacking:

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

CC, would you mind sharing the benefits?

first $100 bonus for $500 spend = easy.. 4% food/booze/bars/uber eats, 3% travel, 2% online purchase and uber and 1% everything else.  Cell phone coverage, etc. to name a few of the bigger ones

Message 6 of 31
mikesonthemend
Valued Contributor

YOU HAD ME AT:

4% food/booze/bars/

LOL. Thanks

Living through Darwinism is so much worse than learning about about it in school.
Message 7 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

i just wanted it for the 4% on restraunts, i don't travel often so 3% travel isn't going to get used too much. and now if i had a usbank cash+ i'd have 5% on fast food hahaha. and my amex bce = 3% groceries. i'm cornering the market here on food cards.

Message 8 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats OP!
This card could be in my future after I shuffle some things around. @CreditCuriosity Barclays owes you marketing fees Smiley Tongue

Message 9 of 31
JR_TX
Valued Contributor

Congrats! Uber card is an awesome card IMO! Just don’t feel like going out with Lady Barclay. 🤕
New cc TLs : 0/6 ; 0/12 ; 0/24 | HPs EX 3 EQ 3 TU 4 | AAoA 7y10m | UTIL 1% - 4% | $300K+ Total Limits

Message 10 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.