tag
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Re: well well NFCU.....you love me.

@madmann26 wrote:

@webhopper wrote:

@madmann26 wrote:

@Rhaeny wrote:

Okay one more time and that's it.  After that then you're probably pushing your luck.!

I figured as much. Maybe I will, maybe I won't.

QQ -

Can I convert this to the Flagship Visa since my limit is now over $5k? Does NFCU do that?

Yes... Or you can open a Flagship account by moving over 5k of the credit line... should be able to do this with no HP. Then you would have two lines to grow.

I'm working this strategy with DH right now.

Thanks webhopper,

I'd rather not have my AAoA take another hit right now. Another question about this, if I convert, will it be the same card number or will it be a new number (and incidentally an AAoA hit)?

Oh, and for dodfire:

Navy Federal Credit Union - Mozilla Firefox_2013-04-24_05-45-06.png

The answer is yes...  It will be a brand new account..  DH moved 5k over from he Platinum MC to open up Flagship Visa.

His Platinum was opened in June 2012

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 61 of 79
madmann26
Valued Contributor

Thanks webhopper.

I guess my question is if I move the whole amount over, will it still be a "new account"?

Current FICO 9 Scores

Message 62 of 79
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

@madmann26 wrote:

Thanks webhopper.

I guess my question is if I move the whole amount over, will it still be a "new account"?

In that case, just ask for a product change, then you wouldn't have a new card, you'd keep the same account number but you'd have a different type of card.

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 63 of 79
madmann26
Valued Contributor

@webhopper wrote:

@madmann26 wrote:

Thanks webhopper.

In that case, just ask for a product change, then you wouldn't have a new card, you'd keep the same account number but you'd have a different type of card.

Thanks webhopper,

I just called and they changed it. New card is on the way!

Current FICO 9 Scores

Message 64 of 79
hausfrau
New Contributor

Yall better not wear out NFCU's luv button before I get a chance to push it!

Starting my rebuild!

Message 65 of 79
Creditcurious74
Frequent Contributor

you guys are bad influence my wife nreward has a CL $6 and requested to bump to 8k but I got the 3-5 days message. Did I did this wrong by putting 8k on the " Request Limit" section or should I type 2k. I'm loss this is first time doing this.

Message 66 of 79
dodfire
Valued Contributor

You did it correct.... Hope she gets it Smiley Happy

@Zelaya wrote:

you guys are bad influence my wife nreward has a CL $6 and requested to bump to 8k but I got the 3-5 days message. Did I did this wrong by putting 8k on the " Request Limit" section or should I type 2k. I'm loss this is first time doing this.

*8/10/13
Message 67 of 79
Rhaeny
Valued Contributor

@dodfire wrote:

@Rhaeny wrote:

@madmann26 wrote:

Yep,

I took Creditaddicts suggestion and asked for $17k, got an immediate counter for $10k.

Madmann! I had all I can stands and I can't stands no more!  Temptation overwhelmed me again and BAM!  $10K to $15K instantly.  Wheww!!!!!

Okay I'm done for now Smiley Very Happy!

navy3.png

WOW way to go!!!

How long have you had your card???

I have had it since xmas.  I tell ya this is just wonderful Smiley Wink!

Major CC's - Barclay's ($5.5K) | Barclay's Sallie Mae MC ($5K) | DCU ($7.5K) | Discover IT ($1.4K) | Genisys Visa ($1.4K) | NFCU Visa ($22K) | Navcheck ($15K) | Chase Freedom ($5K) | SDFCU Visa ($8K) | Amex BCP ($9.5K) | Amex Delta ($10K) |Store CC's| -Amazon ($4K) | Catherines ($850) | JCP ($4K) | Macy's ($1.7K) | Avenue ($850) | Victoria's Secret ($1.4K) | Walmart ($4.1K) | Paypal SC ($1.3K) | HSN ($2.5) | Sears ($2.6K) | Sams Club ($4.1K) |Goal|: Age with grace to 750 across the board |Last app|: 3/3/2014
Message 68 of 79
madmann26
Valued Contributor

Alright Rhaeny and dodfire, I went from 10k - 16k in 2 requests. Smiley Very Happy . Both were instant approvals. On the last request, I asked for 20k, that's when they countered with 16k. I'll take it. It hasn't been 3 full months since the last round of requests.

/fistpump

2013-07-15 14_16_38-Navy Federal Credit Union.png

2013-07-15 14_17_51-Navy Federal Credit Union.png

Current FICO 9 Scores

Message 69 of 79
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 70 of 79
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.