Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

williams-sonoma VISA

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

williams-sonoma VISA

Seen a few items I'd like applied and got approved for 1.5K very grateful credit score is 730-755 range Fico 8 average age of my accounts is 2 years 3 months.

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
peghede
Valued Contributor

Re: williams-sonoma VISA

Congrats m8 ,was it hp or sp

Message 2 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@peghede wrote:

Congrats m8 ,was it hp or sp

Not sure yet good question I'll post more when I know. Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 16
ecxpa
Valued Contributor

hmmm......just got the Visa card offer also.........you said they gave you a 1.5K SL, what are the limits on your other cards?......Congrats!

Message 4 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

My total utilization rate across all my accounts is 2% or less as purchases are always budgeted money is put a side, Smiley Happy hope this helps.

Message 5 of 16
ohreally7654
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Seen a few items I'd like applied and got approved for 1.5K very grateful credit score is 730-755 range Fico 8 average age of my accounts is 2 years 3 months.

Congrats on your approval, OP!! I'm a big fan of WS.  Enjoy your new card!

I will share my experience with you and hopefully this was just a one-off scenario, and not something that will happen to others. I received the pop-up pre-approval for the Visa on the WS online site, back on 9/1.  I don't have any majors with Comenity, and this was the one I had really wanted. I accepted, finished the application process, and received instant approval for $2K SL for the Visa. I also received an auto-generaled approval email from Comenity shortly thereafter, also indicating approval for $2k for the Visa. What I received in the mail a few days ago, however, was the store card. I was NOT happy, especially given I have little use for the store card.

I spent over an hour on the phone with two different departments at Comenity, and talked with 4 different people, none of whom were of any help whatsoever! Ultimately I am now having to write a letter of dispute and send it to them, along with a copy of my approval email and just hope they fix the issue. If not, I will simply shut down the account. I don't know if there is a system glitch, showing approvals for Visas when they should actually be store cards, OR, if they should have been issuing the Visa, but their system somehow converted the approval after the fact, to the store card version. I am at a loss as to what's going on over there!  I have many accounts with Comenity, and never really have a problem with them unless I have to call customer service for something.  Then, it's been VERY hit or miss. 

One good thing was that this was a SP only, no inquiry ever showed up on my reports! Gotta look at the positives, right!

Started rebuilding 8/2015. Current Fico 8 Scores 9/17: TU FICO: 698 (from 646 3/15/16) | EX FICO: 689 (from 617 3/15/16) | EQ FICO: 670 (from 614 3/15/16). Discover Miles: $10K | Amex PRG | Amex BCE $2K | Amex SPG $2K | Citi Aadvantage $7K | JetBlue Plus MC $3.9K | Walmart MC $3.5K | Marvel MC $5K | NFCU CashRewards $15K | CareCredit $12K | PenFed Amex $9K | USAA Limitless Visa Sig $6K | NFCU goRewards $20K | NFCU Amex $10.4K | NavCheck $13.5K | Blispay $4K | QS $9.5K | Pier 1 $21.1K | RH $20.7K | JCrew $16.8K | Wayfair $4.9K | Pottery Barn $19.5K | Discover IT $4.1K | Nord. Visa Sig $22K | USAA Visa Plat $2.5K | Neiman Marcus $6.4k | Amex Delta Reserve $1k | Saks $15K | VS $2.2K | Target $1K | Macy's $25K | Bloomies Amex $25K| West Elm $12.4K | PP Credit (Comenity) $4.4K
Message 6 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ohreally7564

I have a WS store card $1K via SCT that I have used a few times and PIF. Any idea if you can still get the pop-up for the co-branded? Or would you have to apply or call Comenity to see if they would PC?

Thanks for any insight

Message 7 of 16
ohreally7654
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@ohreally7564

I have a WS store card $1K via SCT that I have used a few times and PIF. Any idea if you can still get the pop-up for the co-branded? Or would you have to apply or call Comenity to see if they would PC?

Thanks for any insight

That's a great question! I was actually wondering that, myself, if I went back to the site after clearing my cookies, to see if I could get a pre-approval for the Visa again. I just tested it out and I didn't get the pop-up.  But, my situation COULD potentially be a little different, because it could be recognizing me as having a Visa already, even though they somehow ended up issuing the store card. I suspect, though, that once you already have one card with them, you will either just have to apply separately for the Visa, or call and ask for a PC.  You may want to try it out though, just to see!  I would clear all of your cookies and try going through the site Incognito mode.  Let us know if you have any success!

Started rebuilding 8/2015. Current Fico 8 Scores 9/17: TU FICO: 698 (from 646 3/15/16) | EX FICO: 689 (from 617 3/15/16) | EQ FICO: 670 (from 614 3/15/16). Discover Miles: $10K | Amex PRG | Amex BCE $2K | Amex SPG $2K | Citi Aadvantage $7K | JetBlue Plus MC $3.9K | Walmart MC $3.5K | Marvel MC $5K | NFCU CashRewards $15K | CareCredit $12K | PenFed Amex $9K | USAA Limitless Visa Sig $6K | NFCU goRewards $20K | NFCU Amex $10.4K | NavCheck $13.5K | Blispay $4K | QS $9.5K | Pier 1 $21.1K | RH $20.7K | JCrew $16.8K | Wayfair $4.9K | Pottery Barn $19.5K | Discover IT $4.1K | Nord. Visa Sig $22K | USAA Visa Plat $2.5K | Neiman Marcus $6.4k | Amex Delta Reserve $1k | Saks $15K | VS $2.2K | Target $1K | Macy's $25K | Bloomies Amex $25K| West Elm $12.4K | PP Credit (Comenity) $4.4K
Message 8 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok, I will let you know how I make out. If not the pop-up, I will see if they will PC without a HP. Otherwise not worth it for me yet. In the process of closing out a few Comenity cards at a time. Got way too caught up in the SCT!

Message 9 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok, just tried to get the Visa pop-up "incognito" no go. When I have a few minutes I will call CS and see if they will do a PC

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.