Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

0% APR and 0 BT Fee cards?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

0% APR and 0 BT Fee cards?

After DW got shot down for Chase Slate, we researched more 0/0 CC's. Amex ED: out. Not eligible for SUB, dunno why. Arvest is geo-locked and RBFCU as well. No military affiliation. What other options are out there?
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
zerofire
Valued Contributor

Re: 0% APR and 0 BT Fee cards?

@Anonymous wrote:
After DW got shot down for Chase Slate, we researched more 0/0 CC's. Amex ED: out. Not eligible for SUB, dunno why. Arvest is geo-locked and RBFCU as well. No military affiliation. What other options are out there?

Wow I cannot believe that you missed one of the best banks to do business with, Bank of America.

They have the Bank of America Bankamericard with 15 cycles at 0% with no BT fee if done in 60 days. Also for this bank there is no geo lock other than being living in the United States.

Although at first the card looks like it has no rewards that can be corrected later with a product change. Also the way it is structured encourages isolation of the BT from our normal purchases.

TU:837 09/19/23 Bank of America--EX: 841 09/20/23 Experian--EQ:832 09/21/23 myFICO--Gardening since N/A
Active:
Bank of America (Unlimited Cash Rewards WMC, Customized Cash Rewards WMC, Customized Cash Rewards VSC), Capital One Walmart WMC, Chase(Amazon Prime VSC, Freedom Flex WEMC [x2], Freedom Unlimited VC), Citi Dividend MC, Citizens GreenSense MC, Curve WEMC, Discover It C, FNBO Ducks Unlimited VSC, PenFed (Platinum Rewards VSC, Pathfinder Rewards VSC), Synchrony Bank PayPal Cashback MC, UMB Bank Simply Rewards VC[Milford Federal], US Bank (Altitude Go VSC, Cash+ VSC [x2], Pick n Save/Metro Market WEMC)
Wishlist: AAA Daily Advantage Visa, AOD Signature, Bellco Colorado Rewards, Citi Custom Cash, EBates, Nusenda Platinum Cash Rewards, Ollo Optimum, Redstone Signature, Security Service Power Travel Rewards, Vantage West Connect Rewards
Message 2 of 14
Wrigley2172
Frequent Contributor

Citi simplicity has 0% BT for 21 months if made within first four months and 0% purchases for 12 months. Although im not sure if you can PC it later others might know
Affinity Cash Rewards: 15,000
Amex BCP: 30,000
Amex Platinum
BCU Cash Rewards: 18,000
Discover it: 14,700
TJX Mastercard: 2,500
Venmo: 10,000
>>23k student loan-payed off
Ficos 8's ~790
Inq: EX:1 EQ:1 TU:1
Message 3 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bankamericard, Citi Diamond, and Citi Simplicity are among the best (in my opinion).

My original option was the Slate, but since Chase doesn't like my lol/24 status, I don't bother them Smiley Very Happy

Message 4 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@zerofire Oops forgot to include them since don't bank w/ them and they don't seem to like me or DW. Both of us were denied shortly before I found MF and reasons were insufficient reference and limited deposits w/ us. Will probably reapply at some point after we open an acct. We're looking for 0% APR with 0 BT fee specifically in that combination as a stand-in, just in case of emergency. Rather have and not need, than need and not have.
Message 5 of 14
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Get a Comenity Visa card if you 0 Bt fee. Might not get offer off the bat but i hear they do give them. Almost nobody offers 0 bt fee after initial approvalSmiley Wink
Message 6 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Are you already a Discover/Cap1 Biz cardholder? Discover may do a 0% APR promo if you give them a call. Cap1 biz is offering me a 0% APR BT (2% fee) currently. Can't hurt to try giving any of your other cards a call and seeing if you have any promotions or anything. 

Message 7 of 14
CramEiko
Established Contributor

@zerofire wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Wow I cannot believe that you missed one of the best banks to do business with, Bank of America.

They have the Bank of America Bankamericard with 15 cycles at 0% with no BT fee if done in 60 days. Also for this bank there is no geo lock other than being living in the United States.

Although at first the card looks like it has no rewards that can be corrected later with a product change. Also the way it is structured encourages isolation of the BT from our normal purchases.

Amex EveryDay® Credit Card  (appears to have the same as BoA) - No Annual Fee¤

$0 Balance Transfer Fee Offer¤ + Earn 10,000 Membership Rewards® Points†after you use your new Card to make $1,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.†

$0 Balance Transfer Fee. Balance transfers must be requested within 60 days of account opening.

0% intro APR on purchases and balance transfers for 15 months, then a variable APR, 14.99% to 25.99%.

** Copied directly from AMEX site.***

Updated Feb 2023:
Citi Double Cash: $26,300
Citi Costco: $33,800
PenFed Power Cash: $50,000
Chase Freedom Unlimited: $33,400
NFCU Cash Rewards: $29,000
BoA Unlimited Cash: $99,900
Wells Fargo Active Cash: $50,000
Citi AAdvantage Executive: $30,500
Wells Fargo Mortgage 30yr fixed 3.625%

Business Cards:
BoA Business Advantage Unlimited Cash: $8,000
Chase Ink Business Unlimited: $75,000
Chase Ink Business Unlimited: $75,000

RIP: EECU PLOC | BBVA PLOC | Chase SP | Chase Amazon | Chase Freedom | WF Propel | Cap1 QS | AMEX Gold | BoA Custom Cash | Lowes | Barclays Aviator Red
Message 8 of 14
Queen_Etherea
Valued Contributor

Like others have mentioned, give Citi a try. What's good about them is they have a pre-approval link on their website, so you'll know if you even have a chance or not. Discover has one as well. 

I think I've found the sacred map that may lead me to this garden everyone keeps talking about.

Officially collection free as of 3/19/19!!
STARTING SCORES: 377 (11/2013) & 580 (3/2018)
Message 9 of 14
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Comenitys AKC Visa offers me 0% for a period of time on BTs with 0 transfer fees. You may have to open and have it for awhile before said offers come.

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.