Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

0% BT and Purchase promo on existing Navy cards

tag
Curious_George2
Valued Contributor

0% BT and Purchase promo on existing Navy cards

Last year, about this time, there was much discussion here of whether NFCU would offer interest-free balance transfers on existing cards, as they had often done in previous years. Those are, of course, extra sweet deals because Navy never charges a BT fee. 

I think, in the end, they targeted some Flagship holders with 0% or 1.99% offers, but most of us got no special BT offers. 

I received the following offer today, via email:B1098459-BD10-4367-9816-17284438F647.jpeg

The email's subject line was "[NAME], Sleigh the Season With a Low APR"

This card started out as a Platinum in 2020. PC'ed to cashRewards in October 2021, then to Flagship this month. 

It's a great offer! I hope everyone gets it this year. 

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: Interest-free BT on existing Navy card

Nice !  Thanks for sharing this, hopefully this will be offered widely soon Smiley Happy

I know in past years NFCU has offered a low BT rate, maybe 1 or 2%, in Jan / Feb timeframe, but this is a great offer for sure. 

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 2 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got the email too. Same offer! 
CB9DBADC-E9FD-4AA2-9281-2A20CD6F6A87.png

Message 3 of 17
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Thank you for sharing!  This definitely appears to be targeted.  I got the 1.99% with no fee for 15 months on Flagship earlier this year, and while I did get the email today my offer isn't quite as generous.  It's still a good offer, but with Amex offering me 24 months at 0% for 24 months of Plan It on all of my personal cards through the end of the year it's not one I'll be taking advantage of.  Hopefully the BT offers will keep coming.

Navy Federal Credit Union wrote:

Sleigh the season by spending more of what really matters this holiday: time, not interest.

Remember—you can still enjoy a 1.99% APR for 6 months for single purchases of at least $250 made until Dec. 31, 2021. After that, your variable Standard APR will apply.

There’s no need to register. Your special low rate is automatically applied to your Navy Federal Credit Card ending in [redacted]. Take advantage now, though; you only have a limited time to shop with this rate!

Message 4 of 17
Curious_George2
Valued Contributor

When I click on the "Learn More" button in the offer email, the page that opens has a URL containing "dormant-accounts-pur-bt." So apparently this offer is targeted at cards that are sock drawered. In my case, that checks out. You too, @Anonymous?

Message 5 of 17
tcbofade
Super Contributor

Sigh.

No email for me.  Smiley Indifferent

04/01/24 Fico 8: EX 763, EQ 799, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 756 03/13/24, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 6 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Curious_George2 wrote:

When I click on the "Learn More" button in the offer email, the page that opens has a URL containing "dormant-accounts-pur-bt." So apparently this offer is targeted at cards that are sock drawered. In my case, that checks out. You too, @Anonymous?

@Curious_George2 Yes my url says the same. Card last use was June 2021. If it allowed bt to checking I could use the bt. I have no use for a bt right now. The 0% apr purchase will be nice though.

Message 7 of 17
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@tcbofade wrote:

Sigh.

No email for me.  Smiley Indifferent

😐

Message 8 of 17
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Quick update: player 2 got the identical message as @Curious_George2 in the original post on NFCU Platinum.  That one has had no use all year.  My Flagship still has a balance from the 1.99% for 15 months offer on it from the beginning of the year, so that may explain why I wasn't targeted.  Thanks for the heads up on the email!  A completely free loan for a year is always appreciated.

Message 9 of 17
Curious_George2
Valued Contributor

Cue the sad trombones. I tried to use this offer but failed. Turns out it's available to holders of only three types of cards: Platinum, Go Rewards and cashRewards. I no longer have any of those, so I'm not eligible. 

If you have one of those cards in your sock drawer, you might want to call in and ask if you have this offer available. 

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.