Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

0% Interest & No Foreign Transaction Fees

tag
sillykitty1
Established Contributor

Re: 0% Interest & No Foreign Transaction Fees

cupofcoffee - That might be the best option. HSBC is one of the few mainstream lenders I don't have any cards with.  So won't have to worry about getting denied, or shifting CLs etc.  Thanks!

Message 11 of 17
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@sillykitty1 wrote:

cupofcoffee - That might be the best option. HSBC is one of the few mainstream lenders I don't have any cards with.  So won't have to worry about getting denied, or shifting CLs etc.  Thanks!

Although HSBC can be fairly low on the CL they approve you for.. Consider yourself lucky with a 8-10k approval and typical is aroud 4-5kish.  Just something to keep in mind if you go for the HSBC card and app to approval and card in hand about 3 weeks approx.  They move at their own pace.  Have a card with them and did the 10k spend so dont use it anymore, but no complaints other than long processing time and got a 10k limit at the time that has since grown to 12.5k other than lowish limit no other issues although consider myself lucky getting the 10k initial approval.

Message 12 of 17
sillykitty1
Established Contributor

CreditCuriosity - Valuable info, thank you.  The processing time might be dicey.  I'm scheduled to leave the country in less than 3 weeks, but it may very well get pushed back due to COVID restrictions.  Good to know not to expect a high CL.  $8-10K would be fine, but less than that would be an issue.  Hopefully a combo of long credit history, high FICO and good income would result in a CL at the high end.  But who knows, especially at this time, right?

Message 13 of 17
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@sillykitty1 wrote:

CreditCuriosity - Valuable info, thank you.  The processing time might be dicey.  I'm scheduled to leave the country in less than 3 weeks, but it may very well get pushed back due to COVID restrictions.  Good to know not to expect a high CL.  $8-10K would be fine, but less than that would be an issue.  Hopefully a combo of long credit history, high FICO and good income would result in a CL at the high end.  But who knows, especially at this time, right?

Ya could do many ways..  Just a few DP's myself I am fairly highincome as well as ColdFushion I believe he got a 500 SCL whereas I ended up with 10k so throw your hands up in the air on that and both are in the 800 score range as well.  If you dont get what you want or an instant then could possibly grab two cards?  Use the HSBC for 300 bonus aka 10k spend and extra 10% after first year of spend then other card if CL or time frame doesnt cut it for you.  Pull EQ as well if that makes any difference.

Message 14 of 17
sillykitty1
Established Contributor

Interestingly I just received a CLD from Cap1 today "to better fit my credit usage" $21K-$10K (I don't use my QS at all).  So this may be the perfect solution to app for one of the CapOne cards and not worry about HSBC processing time or random CLs

Message 15 of 17
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@sillykitty1 wrote:

I'm going to be making a large charge overseas.  I was wondering if there was a card that had a 0% interest intro period and also has no foreign transaction fees?  Need to limit it to Visa or Mastercard, as Amex & Discover are not accepted.  My score is over 800, and have a good income, so don't anticipate approval to be an issue.

TIA!

There are probably hundreds of cards that fit that description.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 16 of 17
sillykitty1
Established Contributor

I ended up applying for the Cap1 SavorOne.  Modest bonus ($150), but 15 month 0% APR.  Approved for a $10K limit, so basically recouped the recent CLD on my QS

Thanks everyone for the advice!

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.