Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

0%, no fee BT cards?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: 0%, no fee BT cards?

@QuarterB35, different lenders have different options available, for instance my discover was done all electronically (they take your information for the accounts/balances in which your transferring and deal with them directly) however, my citi will allow me to do it electronically or they also send me physical checks that I can make payable to myself or my lenders and then deposit that check into my checking account or send it directly to whom I'm paying.

Message 11 of 18
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Hi and welcome @quarterb35

A BT is used to pay some or all of the balance of anther CC or acct.

Example:
You owe Citi $5K with 16% interest.
You are approved for a new AmX for a CL of $12K with a 60-day no fee transfer and 0% for BT.
You transfer Citi’s $5K balance to your AmX $12K CC.
Now, Citi has a $0 balance and AmX has a $5K balance on its $12K credit line.

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 12 of 18
QuarterB35
Established Member

@CreditInspired wrote:
Hi and welcome @quarterb35

A BT is used to pay some or all of the balance of anther CC or acct.

Example:
You owe Citi $5K with 16% interest.
You are approved for a new AmX for a CL of $12K with a 60-day no fee transfer and 0% for BT.
You transfer Citi’s $5K balance to your AmX $12K CC.
Now, Citi has a $0 balance and AmX has a $5K balance on its $12K credit line.

Amazing!

Message 13 of 18
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Yep OP, it really is amazing. Now in the example, Citi is paid off, and you have 12 months to pay off that $5K balance on AmX interest free. Nice.

Before I joined MyFICO, I had never even heard of a BT. Well, in truth, there are a lot of things I learned about CCs just from being here in MyFICO land over the last 2.5 years.

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 14 of 18
masscredit
Valued Contributor

I mentioned being on the AMEX BL but how about a card that isn't directly from them?  I'm looking at the NFCU site and see they offer an AMEX card. How does it work when the card is through another bank?

Pre-Credit Rebuild Scores Pre-DC (3/24/22) - EQ - 524 / TU - 519 / EX - 495

Current Scores - EQ - 687 / TU - 663/ EX - 677

TD Bank - $5000 / Mercury - $5000 / Capital One Savor One- $5000 / SDFCU Secured - $4990 / Capital One QuickSiver - $4500 / Ally Master Card - $2800/ Walmart Mastercard - $2250

Andrews FCU SSL $1500
Message 15 of 18
HeavenOhio
Senior Contributor

An AMEX card from another bank is fine. These card have nothing to do with AMEX other than running on their network.

Message 16 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I use discover and Barclays cash forward for my balance transfers ... Barclays deposits to your bank account so I like how they do that and sometimes have a 2% fee or less ... discover just depends what offer they send you but I think they like to do it electronically.. my fidelity card is trying to get it in that action now too they send me checks to write on the account
Message 17 of 18
masscredit
Valued Contributor

Cap 1 somethings has decent BT offers. I've seen them with 2-3% fees for 12-18 months. 

Pre-Credit Rebuild Scores Pre-DC (3/24/22) - EQ - 524 / TU - 519 / EX - 495

Current Scores - EQ - 687 / TU - 663/ EX - 677

TD Bank - $5000 / Mercury - $5000 / Capital One Savor One- $5000 / SDFCU Secured - $4990 / Capital One QuickSiver - $4500 / Ally Master Card - $2800/ Walmart Mastercard - $2250

Andrews FCU SSL $1500
Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.