Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1-2-3-4 Comenity Is OUT The Door !!! They Closed My Total Rewards

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: 1-2-3-4 Comenity Is OUT The Door !!! They Closed My Total Rewards

@kdm31091 wrote:
The inquiry will likely stand because it would be there regardless of approval or not. You may be able to fight to get the trade line removed but accounts can be closed at any time so there's no guarantee, legally speaking.

I don't think they are worth fighting.  Lesson learned Comenity can p----- up a rope.

Message 11 of 22
Benzman
Frequent Contributor

I've been there too. About 6 months ago, opened 3 Comenity cards, Total Rewards, another Visa I can't remember, and Marathon. They closed all three exactly a month after they were opened, citing too many inquiries. Had same amount of inquiries when they did the three CR pulls, one for each account, so again, stupid for them to have even opened the cards and send them out when they already knew. Granted, had about 20 inquiries on each bureau.

I have to laugh, I get a pre-approved invitation for many of their cards at least every week.in the mail. Most recently Williams Sonoma. I keep piling up the letters and going to mail them back someday with a nice little letter, lol. Wouldn't ever apply with them even if they begged me.

Amex CM 10K | Amex ED 10K | Amex BCE 7.5K | 5/3RD SU2C 10K | 5/3RD SU2C 6.5K | Barclays Cash 6K | Barclay AARP 3.5K | Bread AMEX 9K | Citizens Cash 8K | Citizens Clear 2K | Citi® DP 11.3K | Citi® Simplicity 9.4K | Citi® TY 6.5K | Citi® DC 4K | Citi CuC 3.4K | Cap One QS 14.6K | Cap One WM MC 11K | Discover It 19.5K | Discover Miles 13.5K | BOA Cash 13.2K | BOA 7K | US Bank State Farm Visa 4K | US Bank AMEX 22.5K | US Bank Plat 16.5K | US Bank Cash 11.2K | FNBO Rewards 20K | FNBO Evergreen 11.3K | Huntington Voice 7,750K | Huntington Voice Rewards 8.7K | PF|CP Rewards 8.2K | PF|CP Gold 3.2K | PNC Cash 15K | PNC Core 15K | PNC Points 8K | Fidelity 15K | Wells Active 12K | Wells Reflect 10K | Target MC 12.5K | TD Cash 4.5K | Truist 6.5K | Truist 6.5K | Truist 6.5K | Truist 6.5K | Synch Premier MC 11.6K | Ebay MC 10K | Apple Card 5.5K | Deserve Digital 6K | Simon AMEX 6K | Chase Amazon 1.5K | F8 Scores 4/23 EX789; TU781; EQ792.
Message 12 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Benzman wrote:

I've been there too. About 6 months ago, opened 3 Comenity cards, Total Rewards, another Visa I can't remember, and Marathon. They closed all three exactly a month after they were opened, citing too many inquiries. Had same amount of inquiries when they did the three CR pulls, one for each account, so again, stupid for them to have even opened the cards and send them out when they already knew. Granted, had about 20 inquiries on each bureau.

I have to laugh, I get a pre-approved invitation for many of their cards at least every week.in the mail. Most recently Williams Sonoma. I keep piling up the letters and going to mail them back someday with a nice little letter, lol. Wouldn't ever apply with them even if they begged me.

While speaking to the CSR she said you can fill out another app.  I thought I was going to lose my mind.  I said if you have closed this account for too many inquiries why would I reapply causing another inquiry.  I know you can't see me but do I look like an idiot?  I won't be filling out an app for a Comenity sponsored card until hell freezes over.  What is wrong with those people.  Don't they listen to themselves?

Message 13 of 22
pipeguy
Senior Contributor

Been there, done that, Comenity closed my TR accounts after 21 months of perfect payments (usually PIF), high credit scores, no lates, no over limit or high utility and no "other" credit issues. I in turn closed all my comenity accounts and the DW's (with the exception of BJ's in my wifes name). Won't look back, won't ever open or use a Comenity account again and will continue to warn others when asked. 

You are better off without them. 

Message 14 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@pipeguy wrote:

Been there, done that, Comenity closed my TR accounts after 21 months of perfect payments (usually PIF), high credit scores, no lates, no over limit or high utility and no "other" credit issues. I in turn closed all my comenity accounts and the DW's (with the exception of BJ's in my wifes name). Won't look back, won't ever open or use a Comenity account again and will continue to warn others when asked. 

You are better off without them. 

Ditto !!!

Message 15 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@kdm31091 wrote:
The inquiry will likely stand because it would be there regardless of approval or not. You may be able to fight to get the trade line removed but accounts can be closed at any time so there's no guarantee, legally speaking.

I thought about it and agree I should try to get the trade line removed. I don't care about the inquiry.  Worst case scenario they won't do anything.  I went on and filed and asked that the trade line be romoved.  My point is they have the info when the decision is made so why approve instantly and then determine they didn't want to issue the card.  Typical cart before the horse.  Wil let you know how it plays out.  Thanks for input.

Message 16 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry this happened, River123, and glad you have a move-forward perspective on the situation. How many inquiries did you have, by the way?

Message 17 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Sorry this happened, River123, and glad you have a move-forward perspective on the situation. How many inquiries did you have, by the way?

Somewhere around 7 I think of which 3 were for CU share accounts.  The 7 included their inquiry.

Message 18 of 22
joltdude
Senior Contributor

Didnt comenty get fined and spanked for this type of crud when they were World FInancial Capital Bank.....

They want defaulting profitable customers... and are cherrypicking them *again*

-J

Message 19 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@joltdude wrote:

Didnt comenty get fined and spanked for this type of crud when they were World FInancial Capital Bank.....

They want defaulting profitable customers... and are cherrypicking them *again*

-J

I'm not sure about World Financial but I think Comenity  should stop approving and issuing cards, reporting to the bureaus that an account is opened and then immediately close it.  To top it off they didn't notify me.  I would not have known if the alert from the monitoring service hadn't popped up.  They have the info to make a credit decision before they approve and issue a card.  This was not a SCT or Total Rewards pre-approved pop up.  I apped for the card and they pulled a report so if they didn't like something when they inquired that was the time to nix it. 

I am well aware that the card belongs to them and they can and obviously do anything they want with regard to it but it does appear to be a shoddy business practice. You would think Caesars would evaluate how their customers are being treated since it is tied into your players card with Caesars. Perhaps Caesers should be accountable in some way since they provide your information to Comenity to market the card to players.

Message 20 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.