Did you mean: 

$10 cashback for linking Discover card to PayPal

tag
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

$10 cashback for linking Discover card to PayPal

May be targeted as I received it in an email:

Disco.jpg

And secondly: Don't do it right now, it's broken! I tried it twice this morning and got a "we cannot link your card to PayPal right now", although on the second try PayPal does show my Discover card added, but on the Discover side it's not showing as added. The error message gave me an 800# to call but when I got through it said the wait was over 15 minutes so I hung up. I just got through in less than 5 minutes and the rep said earlier they had over 100 folks waiting on hold, almost all about the PayPal promo not working. The rep told me "they're working on it" and try later, so I'll remove Disco from my PayPal and try again in a few hours, I'll update when/if I'm successful. If you don't get the email there's a "Add to PayPal" link under the Manage menu on the Disco site that might qualify you for the bonus.

Only ten bucks, but free money is free money, and it might be useful for online groceries Jan-March next year when groceries is the 5% category.

EDIT: OK, it's working now. When you successfully add your Discover card to PayPal through Discover you get an email:

Disco2.jpg

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Pikaboo-icu
Valued Contributor

Re: $10 cashback for linking Discover card to PayPal

Thank you. This is a good bonus as it doesn't even require you use the card, just link it. 

I got this offer/email as well.

I had a heck-of-a-time and never did accomplish it via the Disco email.

I went to PP and it said: I had the max cards available & needed to delete one, which I promptly did.

Disco email still did not work. I finally just added it directly at PP. Guess I better go delete it and re-add via the link.

SIGH

Be aware Fico Friends, if it seems to have an issue adding, check at PP to verify you don't have "max cards" linked already.

Thanks for the info!! 0You'reTheBest.gif

Message 2 of 14
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Mine was already linked Smiley Sad 

Message 3 of 14
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

@Remedios wrote:

Mine was already linked Smiley Sad 

Well, remove it and link through Discover. Heck, 10 bucks will buy you a couple quarts of gasoline.

Message 4 of 14
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

@Pikaboo-icu wrote:

SIGH

Be aware Fico Friends, if it seems to have an issue adding, check at PP to verify you don't have "max cards" linked already.

Out of curiosity how many cards is "max"? I actually have more bank accounts linked than cards as I transfer between bank accounts via Paypal, and I have the PayPal 2% Cashback MC which is the only card I used on PayPal.

Message 5 of 14
Pikaboo-icu
Valued Contributor

@DaveInAZ wrote:

@Pikaboo-icu wrote:

SIGH

Out of curiosity how many cards is "max"? I actually have more bank accounts linked than cards as I transfer between bank accounts via Paypal, and I have the PayPal 2% Cashback MC which is the only card I used on PayPal.

I just went & counted, I have 9 cards, +PP Credit and my bank account. Nine seems like a small number if you ask me. Perhaps if I upgraded to PP Business the number would be higher.. 

BTW- I finally got it to link my card via the Disco link, it took a couple attempts. Thanks. I probably would've assumed 'twas ok via adding direct through PP and that's likely not correct.

0001Cheers.gif   

ETA: Per PP's site info; 8 cards can be linked.. Oddly, I have nine but one is a debit card. /shrugs. 

Message 6 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I didn't get the email, but it's worth a shot. Thanks!

Message 7 of 14
Andypanda
Established Contributor

Do I have to wait untill I get an e-mail to get the bonus, or can i do it right away?

Message 8 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just read about this and hurried to unlink mine since I already had it linked.  Hope I still have a shot!  lol

Message 9 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I linked my paypal and was sucess. how do i know i got the cash back? is it in disco or paypal? lol

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.