cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$100,000 CREDIT FROM VICTORIAS SECRET ANGEL CARD?

tag
dnice77
Regular Contributor

Re: $100,000 CREDIT FROM VICTORIAS SECRET ANGEL CARD?

@quairosun wrote:

Imagine my surprise when I logged in to my Victoria's Secret Angel Card account and saw that they were trying to credit me with $99,999.99. I was stunned. I have a CL of $500 and my CB was $4.75. I called them and told the CSR what I saw. She said hold on and came back and said: "Sir, we actually owe YOU $99,999.99. I said: " Are you sure?" She said yes. Has this happened to anyone?

AND YES I AM BEING SERIOUS.

Would like to see your lingere collection Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 617
Current Score: 744 Smiley Happy
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 21 of 152
quairosun
New Contributor

UPDATE:

I called for the third time and asked for a supervisor. She said she had never seen this before and even asked me if I had entered contest because they had one, but she was sure it was not for that much. Anyway I told her I was just disclosing that it was on my account and explained in the same way I had to the frontline CSRs. She said hold on and then came back to say that she had talked to her boss and they said that they tried to see if it were a glitch but their initial thought was no. She asked me if my name was shared by a famous person. I said not that I knew of. She then said that there was not much they could do and if it were a glitch it would correct itself. I then asked what if it did not. She replied: "Well then you are rich."

I would rather not post a pic of it, but trust me it is true. After this gets resolved, I may post it. If I ever had the intent of just taking their money, I would have never called them three times in one day about it. The last time I had an overpayment or credit with them, it was for $15 and THEY are the ones who deposited in my bank account. Now if they do the same, I am not doing anything before I call a lawyer and talk to them again. It would be bad karma to steal what is not mine in the first place. I will keep this story updated.

Starting Scores: TU 542 EQ 452 EX 560
Current Scores: TU 632 EQ 619 EX 643
Goal Score: All At 750

Message 22 of 152
FrugalRican
Blogger

They deal with your accounts electronically?

As to say, they would just credit your checking for the 99,999?

No paper trail whatsoever?

Follow my financial journey: http://www.frugalrican.com

EQ FICO (01/16/2012): 656 - EQ FICO (02/16/2012): 743 - EQ (02/24/2012): 760 - EX (04/28/2012): 739 - GOAL 2013: 800+

AMEX BCE (0/10K) --- BOA 1-2-3 (0/15.9K) --- Discover More (0/6K) --- Chase Freedom Visa (0/1.4K) -- Hyatt Visa Sign. (0/5.8K) -- Barclay's NFL Card (0/7.5K) -- Chase Sapphire Preferred (0/5K)

Message 23 of 152
quairosun
New Contributor

As far as how they deal. I just remember only once that somehow my band account was credited back $15 from them. I am not even sure WHY they did that. That is how it appeared on my bank statement. It does show the $99,999.99 ALSO in the Promotional balance as a CREDIT. Not sure if that clarifies anything.

Starting Scores: TU 542 EQ 452 EX 560
Current Scores: TU 632 EQ 619 EX 643
Goal Score: All At 750

Message 24 of 152
FrugalRican
Blogger

Do NOT spend that money.

Print everything out that proves that the credit was from them. Record everything.

I don't know that I'd even transfer it into another account, to be honest. I'd just leave it where it was deposited electronically and not count on using it... ever.

Because there might come a point in time where they decide to withdraw it, reverse it, debit it, etc... and then those funds aren't available in your account anymore.

Just let it sit there.

EQ FICO (01/16/2012): 656 - EQ FICO (02/16/2012): 743 - EQ (02/24/2012): 760 - EX (04/28/2012): 739 - GOAL 2013: 800+

AMEX BCE (0/10K) --- BOA 1-2-3 (0/15.9K) --- Discover More (0/6K) --- Chase Freedom Visa (0/1.4K) -- Hyatt Visa Sign. (0/5.8K) -- Barclay's NFL Card (0/7.5K) -- Chase Sapphire Preferred (0/5K)

Message 25 of 152
MrShush
Valued Contributor

@espnjunkie wrote:

you cannot just deposit a check for 100,000.00 into your personal account without explaining it. You would have to provide documentation of what it was for, tax forms, etc. A business account on the other hand...

Not true. I work for a bank--a very large bank--and yes, you can deposit what ever you like in terms of checks; personal, bank, business checks. It doesn't matter. Cash on the other hand, that is a different story. I can assure you, the bank doesn't care what kind of check you deposit. The banker will try to sell you something, but no docs are required for checks deposited.

OP, if this really is an error in your favor, deposit but DON'T TOUCH IT! Let them figure it out.

Message 26 of 152
FrugalRican
Blogger

@MrShush wrote:

@espnjunkie wrote:

you cannot just deposit a check for 100,000.00 into your personal account without explaining it. You would have to provide documentation of what it was for, tax forms, etc. A business account on the other hand...

Not true. I work for a bank--a very large bank--and yes, you can deposit what ever you like in terms of checks; personal, bank, business checks. It doesn't matter. Cash on the other hand, that is a different story. I can assure you, the bank doesn't care what kind of check you deposit. The banker will try to sell you something, but no docs are required for checks deposited.

OP, if this really is an error in your favor, deposit but DON'T TOUCH IT! Let them figure it out.

Yep, at most, a deposited check will get an extended hold.

But this seems to be electronic. This just needs to sit there in quairo's account. At some point someone will realize a mistake was made.

Might not be in the first week, could even take a full quarter anyone to realize.

Message 27 of 152
MrShush
Valued Contributor

FrugalRican wrote
Yep, at most, a deposited check will get an extended hold.

But this seems to be electronic. This just needs to sit there in quairo's account. At some point someone will realize a mistake was made.

Might not be in the first week, could even take a full quarter anyone to realize.

Indeed, most banks will place an extended hold on checks greater than XXXX.xx dollars. What ever the bank's policy is when accepting checks, some are 10K some more some less. 

Message 28 of 152
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

@quairosun wrote:

UPDATE:

I called for the third time and asked for a supervisor. She said she had never seen this before and even asked me if I had entered contest because they had one, but she was sure it was not for that much. Anyway I told her I was just disclosing that it was on my account and explained in the same way I had to the frontline CSRs. She said hold on and then came back to say that she had talked to her boss and they said that they tried to see if it were a glitch but their initial thought was no. She asked me if my name was shared by a famous person. I said not that I knew of. She then said that there was not much they could do and if it were a glitch it would correct itself. I then asked what if it did not. She replied: "Well then you are rich."

I would rather not post a pic of it, but trust me it is true. After this gets resolved, I may post it. If I ever had the intent of just taking their money, I would have never called them three times in one day about it. The last time I had an overpayment or credit with them, it was for $15 and THEY are the ones who deposited in my bank account. Now if they do the same, I am not doing anything before I call a lawyer and talk to them again. It would be bad karma to steal what is not mine in the first place. I will keep this story updated.

That sounds like a very good idea. I have no idea what the legalities are and will be anxious to see how this unfolds.

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 29 of 152
cashnocredit
Valued Contributor

A bank will not normally do anything other than place a partial hold on a large check. However, if you take it to a new bank and open an account with it they will get nosey under the "know your customer" regs. Holds vary depending on their experience with you, I've had holds placed on 1k checks and been given immediate credit for 6 figure checks. It all depends on their, largely automated, risk assessments.

Oh, just don't spend it. Errors happen and somewhere someone is missing 100k. These things are usually fixed within a weeks. A couple of months tops.

I have reestablished credit over the last couple years
so my moniker is, well, rather out of date.

WM Discover $1800, WF Plat 12k, Chase Freedom Siggy18k, Amex Plat (60k H/B), Citi AA EWMC 25k
Message 30 of 152
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.