cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$100,000 CREDIT FROM VICTORIAS SECRET ANGEL CARD?

tag
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: $100,000 CREDIT FROM VICTORIAS SECRET ANGEL CARD?

Ah, found it. It wasn't $99K, it was two separate withdrawal entries for $1M+, on my online account, not my statement:

penfed error 2008.jpg

Anyway, it's an example of oddball things that can happen.

And the fact that OP's balance is $99,999.99 is a pretty good indicator that it's a system error.

Here's the thread from my surprise transactions, not that it matters:

Zounds - Two $1 million w/d's on my PenFed statement

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 91 of 152
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@radiomando wrote:

@haulingthescoreup wrote:

@radiomando wrote:

Full on abuse of a forum member.....should not be allowed

im referring to the abuse of the original poster.   i would hardly call you deleting my post abuse.   

Yep, I quoted the wrong post, which I tried to untangle above.

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 92 of 152
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

OK, all, thanks for the more recent comments supportive of the OP.

We all know that on forums like these, there will be some popcorn-worthy posts that are pretty unbelieveable.

But at the same time, most of us have had a million-dollar water bill or some other sort of computer-generated craziness. OP wasn't bragging about being granted some huge CL. Re-read his first post:  Imagine my surprise when I logged in to my Victoria's Secret Angel Card account and saw that they were trying to credit me with $99,999.99. I was stunned. I have a CL of $500 and my CB was $4.75. I called them and told the CSR what I saw. She said hold on and came back and said: "Sir, we actually owe YOU $99,999.99. I said: " Are you sure?" She said yes. Has this happened to anyone?

Presumably you wouldn't want everyone to call you a liar when you try to untangle your million-dollar water bill.

So how about extending the same consideration to others?

Message 93 of 152
JagerBombs89
Established Contributor

The pixels are off on that screenshot, I'm just saying Smiley Wink

Message 94 of 152
quairosun
New Contributor

And something is off on you for continuing to try and keep negative comments on this thread.Smiley Wink just saying.

Starting Scores: TU 542 EQ 452 EX 560
Current Scores: TU 632 EQ 619 EX 643
Goal Score: All At 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 95 of 152
Anonymous
Not applicable

@quairosun wrote:

And something is off on you for continuing to try and keep negative comments on this thread.Smiley Wink just saying.

Well I guess you put the lid on that Smiley Very Happy

I sent you a PM, I personally think that most of the negativity stems from jealousy. This forum is about helping others, not being ugly towards them. People are spending too much time worrying about someone else's situation. It's so funny to me!

Message 96 of 152
morganirish
Regular Contributor

Is this still My Fico Forums?    
@quairosun wrote:

Well I guess you put the lid on that Smiley Very Happy

I sent you a PM, I personally think that most of the negativity stems from jealousy. This forum is about helping others, not being ugly towards them. People are spending too much time worrying about someone else's situation. It's so funny to me!

This forum is about helping others, not being ugly towards them. People are spending too much time worrying about someone else's situation. It's so funny to me!

Message 97 of 152
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Lets simmer down and get back on topic.Smiley Happy

Message 98 of 152
ChynaB

It's been a couple of months, how did this situation turn out? Very curious.

Message 99 of 152
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Yea I done forgot about this one! Curious as well.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 100 of 152
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.