Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

100 Points Gone...

tag
newUser0
Established Contributor

100 Points Gone...

Hi my EQ score has dropped very rapidly. Below is the info.

Score - Jan 22 2014  -> 701

In the month of Jan and Feb, Amex Delta Gold, Bank of America card (new accounts ) reported. 

Still Chase united, Amex PRG yet to report. 

Now my AoA is showing as 0 (Hope the they don't turn into negative when the above 2 cards report)

My util is same still around 8%.

My score today is 601. Getting scared if any lenders take AA because of huge decrease?

Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: 100 Points Gone...

@newUser0 wrote:

In the month of Jan and Feb, Amex Delta Gold, Bank of America card (new accounts ) reported. 

Now my AoA is showing as 0 (Hope the they don't turn into negative when the above 2 cards report)

My score today is 601. Getting scared if any lenders take AA because of huge decrease?

If this is a FAKO dismiss it, it its a FICO there is something else going on, new accts & AAoA decrease does not equate to 100 pt drop

Message 2 of 22
newUser0
Established Contributor

I have no idea if it's FAKO or FICO.

I see from www.equifax.com website (Some Primer Advantage plan )

Message 3 of 22
yudeology101
Senior Contributor

@newUser0 wrote:

I have no idea if it's FAKO or FICO.

I see from www.equifax.com website (Some Primer Advantage plan )

FAKO.

JPM Ritz Carlton $8k I UMP Club $8k I CSP $8k | Chase Hyatt $5k I AMEX Green NPSL I AMEX Delta $2k I Citi AA $2k | C1 QS $4.5k
BOA UNC-CH Alumni $6k I Hawaiian WEMC $3k I Arrival $6.5k I IT $1.5k | Merrill+ $2k | Lowes $12k | Apple $2k | +23more
Scores: EQ:671 (FICO 11) EX:686 (FICO N/C) TU:686 (FICO N/C) *8-5-14*
Overall UTIL: 14% *Gardening Since: 1/20/16*
------------------------------------------------------------
Need to stay out of trouble.... Go Heels!!! ... GC Watchlist ( #1 since 12-12-13)
Message 4 of 22
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@gdale6 wrote:

@newUser0 wrote:

If this is a FAKO dismiss it, it its a FICO there is something else going on, new accts & AAoA decrease does not equate to 100 pt drop

With an AAOA of '0' it could be a huge drop.  Between the two new accts, 4 inq's I would expect a significant drop.

Message 5 of 22
newUser0
Established Contributor

Oh!!

I guess my only saver is Amex PRG reporting as Backdated to Feb 2013. It might boost my AoA by couple of Days atleast.

Message 6 of 22
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

That will help.  As others have mentioned FAKOs are for educational purposes. My guess would be closer to 20-35 points with AAOA less than 1

Message 7 of 22
indiolatino61
Valued Contributor

@newUser0 wrote:

Wasn't there a post here a few days ago which stated that in regards to FICO scoring, there is no such thing as an AAoA of less than one year? In other words, even if you have your first new card, your AAoA will still be 1 year? Please correct me if I misunderstood, or if the post was not correct. Thanks.

photo Logo - Credit Card Collection - Data Inclusive_zpskiw5xfjj.jpg photo emerald_zpsfitcxbh5.jpg
Message 8 of 22
newUser0
Established Contributor

I have had, AAoA from 0 Months, 1, 2 so on... So I am pretty sure, you got some wrong info that AAoA can't be less than a year.

Message 9 of 22
indiolatino61
Valued Contributor

@newUser0 wrote:

I have had, AAoA from 0 Months, 1, 2 so on... So I am pretty sure, you got some wrong info that AAoA can't be less than a year.

That's what I figured...but I was just informed by PM that the point was that FICO scoring will not go below the 1-year level. So for instance, if FICO gives you 10 points for AAoA of 1 year, they won't give you 5 for 1/2 a year, etc. I'm sure this is all conjecture, but I was just curious if anyone could verify the original post. Thanks for your input.

photo Logo - Credit Card Collection - Data Inclusive_zpskiw5xfjj.jpg photo emerald_zpsfitcxbh5.jpg
Message 10 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.