cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

13 months cash rewards»new ITIN»now what?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

13 months cash rewards»new ITIN»now what?

Hi Guys!

My first credit card ever was BOA cash rewards 300 secured, then 2000 secured then 2000 unsecured.its been 13 months now.

5 months ago i took a 2600 Oportun Loan and have been paying, and a 1400 Lendify Loan and also been paying. both every 2 weeks.

I always PIF but my utilization is maxed as i use the card for everything to benefit from the cashback. But i am considering go to 8.9% as i need a boost to apply for an apartment soon.

2 months ago i tried a CLI to 4000 with BOA but denied, and that was because of this:

i did not have an ITIN or SSN so i applied to several cards and loans, believing they would not report the HP´s because they dont have any number to use, but in the end they denied for lack of itin ssn but still reported the hp... so my credit went from nearly 700 in october to 617 in january.

Now i want to try a new CLI in april and want to apply for my second card, but i do not know wich one should i aim for?

My goal would just be a card with high limit potential as i am an entrepreneur and need a lot of hard money. I really dont travel or need any other perks or miles etc.

Im in the bay area and i have an ITIN number only and i am a small business owner( cash business) making 85k year and no rent.

i already received capital one platinum letters twice, but i did not have my itin number at that time and then they could not go further with the application.

What should be my nex step?

- CLI on boa cash rewards?

- wait until i am on the 700´s score?

-apply for easy cards?( wich ones?)

Please advise, i am so lost! thank you so much!

Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.