Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

14 kinds of dumb on 42 levels.

tag
tcbofade
Super Contributor

14 kinds of dumb on 42 levels.

Oops.

Ever do something stupid because you just have too many things going on at the same time?

16 months or so ago, DW opened an Old Navy card...I opened a Banana Republic card.  My BR card is still in the sock drawer having never been used.  DW and the little one have worn holes in the Old Navy card...lots of use, good payments, several CLI's...all has gone well.

For a variety of reasons, we're more focused on getting DW's util reduced via larger payments and NOT using the cards...soooo, as "back to school" approached, we had the conversation about her Old Navy card which she does still carry, but is not using...and if need be, I could always get my own Old Navy card should the need arise.

The need came up this afternoon, after some minor squabbling with the teenybopper (not the DW), I just sat down and applied for an Old Navy card.  Got approved, yay me.

Guess what?  Old Navy accepts the Banana Republic card as a form of payment and my dumb self forgot that until 32 seconds after I printed my new temporary Old Navy card.

Doh.

04/01/24 Fico 8: EX 763, EQ 799, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 756 03/13/24, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
lhcole77
Valued Contributor

Re: 14 kinds of dumb on 42 levels.

@tcbofade wrote:

Oops.

Ever do something stupid because you just have too many things going on at the same time?

16 months or so ago, DW opened an Old Navy card...I opened a Banana Republic card.  My BR card is still in the sock drawer having never been used.  DW and the little one have worn holes in the Old Navy card...lots of use, good payments, several CLI's...all has gone well.

For a variety of reasons, we're more focused on getting DW's util reduced via larger payments and NOT using the cards...soooo, as "back to school" approached, we had the conversation about her Old Navy card which she does still carry, but is not using...and if need be, I could always get my own Old Navy card should the need arise.

The need came up this afternoon, after some minor squabbling with the teenybopper (not the DW), I just sat down and applied for an Old Navy card.  Got approved, yay me.

Guess what?  Old Navy accepts the Banana Republic card as a form of payment and my dumb self forgot that until 32 seconds after I printed my new temporary Old Navy card.

Doh.

GULP!

Is there a way to cancel?

(P.S. I think you can use them at the GAP as well)

Message 2 of 13
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 3 of 13
myjourney
Super Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:
Shaking my head!

+1 that's all I can say

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 4 of 13
Sweets8E
Frequent Contributor

Classic! I knew where you were going instantly when you mentioned Old Navy and Banana Republic in the first couple of lines. LOL I almost did the same thing when I realized, I have a Banana Republic card and backed away slowly from the app screen. 

@tcbofade wrote:

Oops.

Doh.

Starting Score: 686 TU / 683 EQ 01/17/2013
Current Score: 703 TU / 691 EQ 10/04/2013 / 688 EX 11/12/2013
Goal Score: 700 across all three

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 13
JonStur
Established Contributor

Lol....

Starting Score: TU 595 EX 600 EQ 585
Current Score: TU 820 EX 825 EQ 812
Goal Score: 800 Club (Mission Accomplished)

Amex Platinum, Amex BCP $17.5K, 5/3 Sig $10K, Capital One Quicksilver 15K, Walmart 10K, US Bank Cash+ 15K, Sam's Club 10K, Chase Freedom $6K, Discover More $15K, Chase United Club MileagePlus $33K, Costco $6K, CapOne Quicksilver One $7K, Cap One Quicksilver $5K, Amazon $3K, Barclays $12.5K, Home Depot $7.5K, AppleCard $6K
Message 6 of 13
Sparkz1920
Frequent Contributor

I have all three lol....I got the GAP, which is what I orginially wanted after the ON card. Im going to cancel out that one and BR....I have a ON Visa now

Starting Score: 601
Current Score: 670
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

NFCU Rewards- 8K......AMEX Delta Skymiles-5k.....Citi AAdvantage AMEX-3.5K...WalMart Discover-4K....Old Navy Visa-2k...BOA-3000...AMEX Green-NPSL....Discover More-1K
Message 7 of 13
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

LOL yes. Old Navy, GAP, and Banana can be used at the same store. Same company.

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 8 of 13
injustifiiable
Valued Contributor

Would there be any incentive to having all three? Other than the possibility of having three Visa cards in the future?

Scores 5/15/2016 (clean reports!): TU Walmart FICO: 696 | EQ FICO: 679 | EX AMEX FICO: 680

In my new wallet: American Express Green EMV: PSL $2000 | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa EMV: $2500 | Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World MasterCard: $6400 | Barclaycard Arrival World MasterCard: $1000 | Discover IT: $2500 | Amazon Rewards Visa Signature: $1500 | Chase Freedom: $1500 | Capital One QuicksilverOne MasterCard: $2100 | Target: $2800 | J.Crew $21,550 | Marvel (Captain America) MasterCard: $6000
Message 9 of 13
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

I don't see any incentives. Lol just more cards to worry about.

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.