cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

19 Creditors Burned... Who's left?

tag
Zach100

19 Creditors Burned... Who's left?

So Covid hit my household pretty hard. Our business was basically shut down for over a year and I used credit to try and keep it alive. Plus I was hit pretty hard with medical bills. I lost my home and cars. So I had to declare bankruptcy but my fiance didn't. We are working on Balance transferring her $60k in debt and pay it off. I discharge tomorrow. I haven't paid for FICO, but my Experian is 618, Vantage Score TU is 706 and EQ is 685. I applied for Cap 1 and immediately got a $1,000 limit, even tho I burned them for $20k. I was going to open a builder loan for $5000 for 24 months. But I want 2 more credit cards. Then PIF every month and garden for 2 years. Would like to open up another business in a couple years. The cards I burned are below, any recommendations on who else to use? I figure only Credit Unions are left. Thank you! 

Edit:I don't believe I burned Chase, but I don't think they are bankruptcy friendly. 

• Amex
  • Bank of America
  • Barclays
  • Capital One
  • Chrysler Financial 
  • Citi
  • Comenity
  • Credit First National Auto
  • Discover
  • First National Bank of Omaha
  • Goldman Sachs
  • HFC
  • HSBC
  • Merrick Bank
  • NFCU
  • Synchrony 
  • TD Auto
  • TD Bank
  • Wells Fargo
5 REPLIES 5
jcooks
Established Contributor

Re: 19 Creditors Burned... Who's left?

I can't speak about many of the cards, but Amex will probably not take you back unless you pay them back.  Barclays can be crossed off the list indefinitely in getting back with them.  I have personally burned Discover over 10 years ago in a CO, but am currently getting preapprovals every time I try their site, but never applied.  I also burned Chase same time with Discover, but I see you didn't burn them.  I currently have 3 Chase cards.  You may have to garden longer than 2 years to age off the BK to even try to get back in the door with some of these lenders.  Once your BK ages, I would recommend trying to go for Chase as you haven't burned them.  Penfed is also an option.

Message 2 of 6
SUPERSQUID
Valued Contributor

@Zach100 wrote:

So Covid hit my household pretty hard. Our business was basically shut down for over a year and I used credit to try and keep it alive. Plus I was hit pretty hard with medical bills. I lost my home and cars. So I had to declare bankruptcy but my fiance didn't. We are working on Balance transferring her $60k in debt and pay it off. I discharge tomorrow. I haven't paid for FICO, but my Experian is 618, Vantage Score TU is 706 and EQ is 685. I applied for Cap 1 and immediately got a $1,000 limit, even tho I burned them for $20k. I was going to open a builder loan for $5000 for 24 months. But I want 2 more credit cards. Then PIF every month and garden for 2 years. Would like to open up another business in a couple years. The cards I burned are below, any recommendations on who else to use? I figure only Credit Unions are left. Thank you! 

Edit:I don't believe I burned Chase, but I don't think they are bankruptcy friendly. 

• Amex
  • Bank of America
  • Barclays
  • Capital One
  • Chrysler Financial 
  • Citi
  • Comenity
  • Discover
  • Goldman Sachs
  • HFC
  • HSBC
  • Merrick Bank
  • NFCU
  • Synchrony 
  • TD Auto
  • TD Bank
  • Wells Fargo

I burned TD Bank for 8k in my bk7 discharged december 2019. 9 months later i was approved for the target red card by td bank for 300 sl, its now 1k.

Also penfed is known to be bk friendly just dont app for the pathfinder or platinum. a lot of approvals for the power cash rewards and gold.

{ BK7 DC 12/2019 } target 1600/ kohls Visa 7000/ discover IT cb 6500 / 2nd discover IT cb 6000/mercury 4100 / firestone 2800 /legacy 3000 /first savings bank cc 3000/ cap1 QS 5000/ cap 1 savor one 3100 /Bread rewards Amex 4k, Penfed PCR signature visa 10k/ penfed gold 7.5k NFCU >signature visa cash rewards 21700/bread cashback amex 8000

>/ nfcu platinum 15k, BABY NEEDS NEW SHOES !!!!!
closed-- reflex, applied bank, first digital, mission lane, ikea, fingerhut, big lots, valero gasoline, ollo, more to come
Rebuilding since September 2020
who i burned - chase, cap 1, TD bank, Sync, were the biggies
Income 40k
Total utilization around 20 pct depending on my current usage/needs
Ficos in the 680 - 690 range, the 9's slightly higher than the 8's
My vantage scores 708 - 711
TCL - about 110k
Retired since 2017
Message 3 of 6
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Zach100 wrote:

• Amex
  • Bank of America
  • Barclays
  • Capital One
  • Chrysler Financial 
  • Citi
  • Comenity
  • Discover
  • Goldman Sachs
  • HFC
  • HSBC
  • Merrick Bank
  • NFCU
  • Synchrony 
  • TD Auto
  • TD Bank
  • Wells Fargo

US Bank

Langley FCU

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 691

Message 4 of 6
calisig
Regular Contributor

PNC

13Oct22 Exp F8: 812
Message 5 of 6
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Amex (61 months post filing, though) and Navy will let you back in if you pay them back. 

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.