Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$2,000 CLI from Care Credit

tag
doood71
Regular Contributor

$2,000 CLI from Care Credit

To keep a long story short, I had Lasik surgery done last month and I applied for and received a care credit account for the full amount, which immediately maxed me out on the card.

Today I called and gave the CSR a short story about how I wanted the extra purchasing power just in case.  She asked for a number, I gave her 2,000 and instantly approved.

Interesting fact, she says because this is a health care account you can call in any time you'd like and ask for an increase.  As long as the system approves it they will offer it to me.  "Even everyday if you needed to do so"  Smiley Happy

2/15/2011 TU: 773 ~ EQ: 780
8/15/2011 TU: 766 ~ EQ: 783 ~ EX: 753 (psecu)
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

Re: $2,000 CLI from Care Credit

OOOOOOHHHHHHHHHH........Nice to know!

(as she rubs her hands together in a maniacal way!!)

BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 2 of 11
jdsays
Contributor

Congrats!  Thats great to hear.

On another note, does anyone know what type of scores one should have to be approved for Care Credit?  I've been DYING for Lasik surgery, my eyesight gets worse every year Smiley Sad  and it would be great to get Care Credit to have it done.  I wouldnt apply until after the new year, and after my tax returns bring my current credit card balances back down to zero.  lol

Anyone know?

Starting Score: EQ: 590 TU: 599
Current Score: EQ: 642 TU: 683
Goal Score: 720 by 12/31/10

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 11
doood71
Regular Contributor

Thanks!

Hrmm, Good question, I would say at least 720+ with sufficient income to cover what's shown on CR.  When I had my account approved, I had a 784 on EQ with no inquiries and no baddies on my CR, AAoA around 4 years.  I'm not sure who they'd pull in your state...

The consultant that took my application says they aren't approving very many applicants at all, which I guess is the same for all CCC's.  So try and have your score as high as possible.

Message 4 of 11
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

@jdsays wrote:

On another note, does anyone know what type of scores one should have to be approved for Care Credit?  I've been DYING for Lasik surgery, my eyesight gets worse every year Smiley Sad  and it would be great to get Care Credit to have it done.  I wouldnt apply until after the new year, and after my tax returns bring my current credit card balances back down to zero.  lol

Anyone know?

I got mine in Feb 08.  I have a TU fico report from May 08 (so things looked worse in FEB)...658 with 76% util, 5 derog accts, (incl 1 collection-paid), 4 accts posting 60+ days late.  Most recent late in Feb would be 3 yrs5 mos.

My FICO 'needle" was pointing to NOT GOOD.

From everyone I heard...they pull TU.  You look much better than I & they gave me a 2k limit back then.

What state are you in???

Message Edited by BungalowMo on 11-18-2009 04:43 PM
Message 5 of 11
doood71
Regular Contributor

@jdsays wrote:

Anyone know?

I found this thread about care credit scores and approvals: Care Credit Thread

Apparently, your history with GEMB may have something to do with approvals.

Message 6 of 11
jdsays
Contributor

@BungalowMo wrote:

@jdsays wrote:

Anyone know?

I got mine in Feb 08.  I have a TU fico report from May 08 (so things looked worse in FEB)...658 with 76% util, 5 derog accts, (incl 1 collection-paid), 4 accts posting 60+ days late.  Most recent late in Feb would be 3 yrs5 mos.

My FICO 'needle" was pointing to NOT GOOD.

From everyone I heard...they pull TU.  You look much better than I & they gave me a 2k limit back then.

What state are you in???

Message Edited by BungalowMo on 11-18-2009 04:43 PM

Im in MA.  I was approved for a Walmart card for $600, so Im guessing GEMB doesnt hate me.  And for that they pulled TU, so thats probably what they would pull for Care Credit, like you said.  I did the FICO simulator, and it estimated my FICOs to be on/near 720 after my balances are paid to zero, and by then Id have a few more months added onto each account for age.
 So Im hoping for an approval, but I dont want to waste an inquiry....especially if its true that they havent been approving too many people recently.
 Thanks for the feedback!!!

Starting Score: EQ: 590 TU: 599
Current Score: EQ: 642 TU: 683
Goal Score: 720 by 12/31/10

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 7 of 11
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@doood71 wrote:

To keep a long story short, I had Lasik surgery done last month and I applied for and received a care credit account for the full amount, which immediately maxed me out on the card.

Today I called and gave the CSR a short story about how I wanted the extra purchasing power just in case.  She asked for a number, I gave her 2,000 and instantly approved.

Interesting fact, she says because this is a health care account you can call in any time you'd like and ask for an increase.  As long as the system approves it they will offer it to me.  "Even everyday if you needed to do so"  Smiley Happy

Congrats on the increase!!!

I called them about a year ago for a CLI and was told at that time it would be hard pull so I declined. Do you know if they did a hard or soft pull for your approval?

Message 8 of 11
doood71
Regular Contributor

@MarineVietVet wrote:

@doood71 wrote:

Congrats on the increase!!!

I called them about a year ago for a CLI and was told at that time it would be hard pull so I declined. Do you know if they did a hard or soft pull for your approval?

THANKS!!!!

As far as I know they did a soft pull.  She did not mention that it would be a hard pull though.  I will keep an eye on my reports and update the thread if it comes back hard.

Message 9 of 11
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

@jdsays wrote:
 Im in MA.  I was approved for a Walmart card for $600, so Im guessing GEMB doesnt hate me.  And for that they pulled TU, so thats probably what they would pull for Care Credit, like you said.  I did the FICO simulator, and it estimated my FICOs to be on/near 720 after my balances are paid to zero, and by then Id have a few more months added onto each account for age.
 So Im hoping for an approval, but I dont want to waste an inquiry....especially if its true that they havent been approving too many people recently.
 Thanks for the feedback!!!

Don't put a lot of faith in the simulator.  That is the one area of their products that most here have issue with.  

If you pay down balances & have no collections, yeah...my psychic friend told me I'd be in the 7's too! Smiley Very Happy

What are your FICO's here?

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.