Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$2.01 late payment on american express blue cash

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

$2.01 late payment on american express blue cash

I have $2.01 late payment on american express blue cash back in May 2019. It was set up auto payment but for some reason it didnt goes through. and I didnt know about it.

Will american express report that late payment on my credit report. What can I do to let the american express waive the late payment in my report. Thank you so much

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: $2.01 late payment on american express blue cash

How late was it?  If less than 30 days, it won't appear on your credit report as a late.

Maybe call Amex and explain, and they may waive it, especially if it was their autopay system that didn't work and they can verify.

How old is the account?  One brief late of a small amount on an older account with perfect payment history has a better chance of having it waived.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

If it hasn't been reported as late at this point, my guess is that it won't be.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex seems to be forgiving of one time mistakes.   When I got the Amazon business card for my wife it automatically was put as her primary card on Amazon with no action from her.  I didn't notice this until a month and a half later.  They refunded the late payment charge and interest when I contacted them via chat. 

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.