Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2% - 3% Cashback (CB) Credit Card (CC) - List

tag
TheFIGuy
Established Contributor

Re: 2% - 3% Cashback (CB) Credit Card (CC) - List

@wasCB14 wrote:

What about Tropical FCU...some georestricted 3% MC?

If you can provide the link I will update my post. I quickly checked the website but didn't see anything stand out about 3% Cashback.

Message 21 of 130
JNA1
Valued Contributor

Re: 2% - 3% Cashback (CB) Credit Card (CC) Issuer Pattern - Mastercard (MC)

Alliant Credit Union's 2.5% Signature VISA and their 2% Platinum Rewards card should be on here too. 

Our credit card journey started 3/2018

Hover over cards to see limits and usage. Total CL - $584,600. Cash Back and SUBs earned as of 9/1/22- $15292.65
CU Memberships

Goal Cards:

Message 22 of 130
TheFIGuy
Established Contributor

@JNA1 wrote:

Alliant Credit Union's 2.5% Signature VISA and their 2% Platinum Rewards card should be on here too. 

Adding

Message 23 of 130
spiritcraft1
Valued Contributor

Thanks for compliling this, pretty cool.  It could be turned into a master thread with who they pull, geofenced or not etc.  Thanks again.

Biz |
Current F08 -
Current 2,4,5 -
Current F09 -
No PG Biz Credit in Order of Approval - Uline, Quill, Grainger, SupplyWorks, MSC, Amsterdam, Citi Tractor Supply Rev .8k, NewEgg Net 30 10k, Richelieu 2k, Wurth Supply 2k, Global Ind 2k, Sam's Club Store 11.k, Shell Fleet 19.5k, Citi Exxon 2.5k, Dell Biz Revolving $15k, B&H Photo, $5k

Message 24 of 130
TheFIGuy
Established Contributor

@spiritcraft1 wrote:

Thanks for compliling this, pretty cool.  It could be turned into a master thread with who they pull, geofenced or not etc.  Thanks again.

Yeah, that would be EPIC!! Way above my paygrade but I'm sure someone with more experience can do it. 

Looked into FNBO and I'm out of their "geofence" in the USA, CA.

Message 25 of 130
Wavester64
Valued Contributor

@JNA1 wrote:

The BBVA Rewards card is a flat uncapped 2% VISA. 

@JNA1 isn't it:

"Earn unlimited 2% rewards on all purchases with $1,000 in monthly direct deposits to a BBVA deposit account (Please note rewards decrease to 1.5% without the monthly direct deposit"

or does that not apply anymore? 

Potential Future Cards
Message 26 of 130
JNA1
Valued Contributor

@Wavester64 wrote:

@JNA1 wrote:

@JNA1 isn't it:

"Earn unlimited 2% rewards on all purchases with $1,000 in monthly direct deposits to a BBVA deposit account (Please note rewards decrease to 1.5% without the monthly direct deposit"

It is an unlimited 2% card with no spend cap, is what I meant. The PenFed PCR and some of the other cards on the list require some kind of direct deposit or minimum balance in an account to make them cards 2% as well as this one. 

Hover over cards to see limits and usage. Total CL - $584,600. Cash Back and SUBs earned as of 9/1/22- $15292.65
CU Memberships

Goal Cards:

Message 27 of 130
JNA1
Valued Contributor

@TheFIGuy wrote:

@spiritcraft1 wrote:

Yeah, that would be EPIC!! Way above my paygrade but I'm sure someone with more experience can do it. 

@Aim_High has extensively researched the 2% cards and he could definitely shed some light on it. 

CU Memberships

Goal Cards:

Message 28 of 130
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

@JNA1 wrote:

@Wavester64 wrote:

@JNA1 wrote:

@JNA1 isn't it:

It is an unlimited 2% card with no spend cap, is what I meant. The PenFed PCR and some of the other cards on the list require some kind of direct deposit or minimum balance in an account to make them cards 2% as well as this one. 

... or you can be a veteran or active duty and PenFed PCR is still 2% with no checking account required.  I don't have a checking account with PenFed but my card is 2%.

Message 29 of 130
Aim_High
Super Contributor

@JNA1 wrote:

@TheFIGuy wrote:

@spiritcraft1 wrote:

@Aim_Highhas extensively researched the 2% cards and he could definitely shed some light on it. 

Thanks for the tag, @JNA1.  I have read and looked up a lot about the 2%+ cards and have thought about starting a reference thread.  It just seemed to be a LOT of work and there were many details I either didn't know or couldn't find easily without trying out all the cards myself!   A little too much for one person.  Lol Smiley Tongue

Looking over this list, there were a couple I had missed, the Fifth-Third Preferred Cash Back and the Sofi Mastercard.  I think these might be newer options since I made my original list last year?

Besides the other ones that have been added, I know of three others that have been missed so far in the thread:

• Key Bank Cashback card, similar to the BBVA card that pays 1.5% but ups it to 2% with some banking requirements.
  • Pennsylvania State Employees Credit Union (PSECU) Founder's Cashback Visa
  • Signature FCU Visa Signature

Key_Bank_Cashback_card.jpg  PSECU_Founders_Cashback.jpg  Signature_FCU_Visa_Signature_2%.jpg

There are also a couple of cards that pay 2% or better which are not available for new applications that some of our members are still carrying:

• USAA Limitless Cashback pays 2.5% with no AF for USAA banking customers, grandfathered-in.
  • FNBO had a previous 2% card before the Cashback Rewards.  The current Cashback Rewards requires no banking relationship.  The previous FNBO Complete Rewards required banking accounts to earn the full 2%, similar to some other banking programs. 

FNBO_Cashback_Rewards_Visa.jpg     FNBO_Complete_Rewards_Visa.jpg

Cash Back Rewards          Complete Rewards

As for the geofence question, just about every one of the 2% to 3% cards have some quirks and stipulations, whether it is geofencing, deposit requirements, minimum redemption values, limited redemption options to get full value, Annual Fees, caps on earnings, rewards expirations, or a combination of these and other things.  Basically, it pays to do your homework on the fine print on any of these cards.  Still, they all offer the opportunity for some exceptional value over uncategorized cashback earnings on lesser cards.  I think having one of these available is a great tool for everyone to have in their wallet, even if their normal focus in on travel points.

Shameless plug here, but most of you know I believe the PenFed Power Cash Rewards is the generally-best 2% card and I also love my AOD FCU Visa that pays the 3% cash back.  To me, these cards offer the best combination of simple no-hassle rules, low fees and interest rates, and good customer service.  Disclosure: As a veteran I don't need to maintain banking to get the 2% on the PCR; however, I choose to do so since PenFed has great banking rates.   With the My Fico loopholes for AOD, both cards are also available to all our community whereas some of the other 2% cards are strictly geofenced. 

As far as I know, FNBO is geofenced to the general midwest, but I don't know the entire region.  They are available to me in Texas.  Wikipedia says they offer products in Nebraska, Iowa, Colorado, Texas, Kansas, South Dakota, and Illinois.  As with most banks, you can find out if you're eligible for their products by typing in your address for application on their website. 

Business Cards

Length of Credit > 40 years; Total Credit Limits >$850K
Top Lender TCL - Chase 156.4 - BofA 99.7 - AMEX 95.0 - CITI 94.5 - NFCU 80.0
AoOA > 30 years (Jun 1993); AoYA (Aug 2023)
* Hover cursor over cards to see name & CL, or press & hold on mobile app.
Message 30 of 130
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.