Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2% - 3% Cashback (CB) Credit Card (CC) - List

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: 2% - 3% Cashback (CB) Credit Card (CC) - List

Dover Federal Cash Back Mastercard card is a 2% back card, no AF.

https://www.doverfcu.com/cashback

Message 91 of 130
galahad15
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Just curious, does anyone know of any organizations you can join to potentially qualify for membership in the CU mentioned above?  

Message 92 of 130
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@galahad15 wrote:

Just curious, does anyone know of any organizations you can join to potentially qualify for membership in the CU mentioned above?  

You can check out their membership eligibility requirements.  I believe the option further below may be available:

https://www.doverfcu.com/join/become-member

Friends of Bombay Hook

Those not affiliated with one of our Business Partners, or that do not have immediate family
that are connected with a Business Partner, also have the option of joining the Friends of Bombay Hook association.

As a member of Friends of Bombay Hook, you have access to enjoy the benefits associated with being part of the Dover Federal family.

Message 93 of 130
Curious_George2
Valued Contributor

@galahad15 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

These, from their list of Business Partners, look promising:

• American Heart Association (Employees and Volunteers)
  • Boys and Girls Clubs of Delaware (All employees, Volunteers (Boards), and Members)
  • Friends of Bombay Hook - Everyone that becomes a member can automatically open accounts now!
Message 94 of 130
FalconSteve
Valued Contributor

2% Options

My wife has a Citi DoubleCash 2% card and despite a great credit score (813 Vantage3.0, 767 FICO8), I don't qualify for a 3% AOC card, so what other 2% plus everyday options do I have (not interested in 

I think SoFi has one (even if they stole my dog's name down to the capitalization😋)

Any reviews and SL are welcome, the more info, the better.

1/8/17 Discover $18300 CL- $1k SL- AU, wife
1/26/20 AmEx Cash Magnet $35k CL, wife
2/19/20 BB&T/Truist Rewards $11k SL- impulse application
2/22/20 Citi Double Cash WEMC $2.9k-->$4.4k-->$8.4k-->$13.4k-->$17.4k-->$19.4k-->$22.4k AU, wife
3/8/20 Wells Fargo Propel AmEx/Autograph VISA $2900-->$3200-->$5000-->$8800 CL- AU, wife
3/9/20 Truist Rewards $11k SL- AU, wife- impulse app
3/21/20 REDcard MasterCard (TD Bank) $2500-->$6000-->$6500 CL
11/24/20 AmEx Cash Magnet $10k SL-->36hr-->$20k-->$35k CL
6/10/21 SoFi World Elite MC (TBOM) $7000 SL
1/19/22 AppleCard/GS $6k-->$10k-->$11k AU, wife
8/15/22 Chase freedom flex $10.3k SL-->$12.5k-->$15k AU, wife
7/5/23 Lowes/Synchrony $4k-->$10k-->same day-->$35k CL
8/2/23 Chase freedom flex $19k --> $22.8 CL
8/2/23 Discover $8k SL
Message 95 of 130
Aim_High
Super Contributor

Re: 2% Options

There is a TON written on My Fico already about the best 2% to 3% cards so I'll try to keep this brief, @FalconSteve.  

There's more than two dozen "2% or better" cards on the market.  Unfortunately, quite a few of these are geofenced or have membership restrictions.  The majority are with smaller financial institutions as opposed to the largest banks or credit unions.   The majority of these cards with the credit unions may require you to open membership and make at least a small deposit.   Some may require you to have a direct deposit or maintain a minimum balance to earn the full 2% or to avoid fees. 

There was a recent thread discussion of these cards, so I will leave a link to that list instead of starting from scratch.  There were many obscure cards mentioned as you go through the 95 postings, in addition to the list on message 1.

The largest and most popular cards include:

• AOD FCU Visa Signature (currently the only card available earning uncapped and uncategorized 3%. Previously, the US Alliance CU Visa also was in this category.)

• Citi Double Cash
  • Synchrony Bank PayPal Rewards Mastercard
  • PenFed Power Cash Rewards Visa
  • Elan Fidelity Rewards Visa
  • BBVA Rewards Visa
  • State Department FCU Premium Cashback + Visa
  • FNBO Evergreen Visa
  • Pennsylvania State Employess CU Founders Visa (PSECU)
  • Randolph-Brooks FCU Cashback Rewards Visa

The Navy FCU Flagship Rewards Visa and the Alliant CU Visa Signature card earn 2% / 2.5% uncategorized but they are a little more complicated on net return calculation since they also have an annual fee to overcome.  You may or may not earn 2% / 2.5% on these cards, depending on your spending. 

See the entire recent 2% to 3% thread from 12/03/2020 at:

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/2-3-Cashback-CB-Credit-Card-CC-List/td-p/6197473

Other than the AOD FCU Visa, my favorite 2% card is the PenFed Power Cash Rewards.  I've written a lot of reviews about it on My Fico.  See this posting with links to two of my reviews about it here:

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/The-Best-2-Card-Showdown/m-p/6006788#M1718564

Business Cards

Length of Credit > 40 years; Total Credit Limits >$898K
Top Lender TCL - Chase 156.4 - BofA 99.7 - AMEX 95.0 - CITI 94.5 - NFCU 80.0
AoOA > 30 years (Jun 1993); AoYA (Feb 2024)
* Hover cursor over cards to see name & CL, or press & hold on mobile app.
Message 96 of 130
Aim_High
Super Contributor

@FalconSteve wrote:

My wife has a Citi DoubleCash 2% card and despite a great credit score (813 Vantage3.0, 767 FICO8), I don't qualify for a 3% AOC card, so what other 2% plus everyday options do I have? ...   Any reviews and SL are welcome, the more info, the better.

There are a few other options to consider also but these have some additional loopholes.  However, they are technically potential candidates. 

Goldman Sachs Apple Mastercard.

*Earns 2% wherever Apple Pay is accepted and earns 3% at selected other merchants including Apple Store and Walgreen's.  (Earns only 1% with the physical card.)

US Bank Altitude Reserve.

*Earns 3% on Mobile Wallet purchases.  $400 AF but $325 annual travel credit.  Must be existing US Bank customer to get this card. 

Bank of America Premium Rewards.

*With assets at BofA or invested with Merrill Lynch, you can qualify for the Preferred Rewards program which magnifies credit card rewards, among other benefits.  The levels are Gold ($20K) earning a 25% boost, Platinum ($50K) earning a 50% boost, or Platinum Honors ($100K) earning a 75% boost.  The 1.5% base earnings rate of the Premium Rewards Visa becomes 1.875%, 2.25%, or 2.625% on all spending, uncapped and uncategorized.  The Premium Rewards also earns 2% base return on dining and travel which becomes 2.5%, 3%, or 3.5% with Preferred Rewards status.  Premium Rewards has a $95 AF but credits can fully offset it.  ($100 annual airline fee credit and TSA Global Entry credit of $100/4 years, so an average of $125 credited annually.) 

Fidelity Rewards Visa (Elan).

This card is already on the list as a 2% card, although you must redeem cashback to your Fidelity investment account to earn the 2%.  For Fidelity Wealth Management clients, there are enhanced rewards.  The Rewards+ program offers enhanced value similar to the BofA Preferred Rewards program.  Their levels are Gold ($250K to $1M), Platinum ($1M to $2M), and Platinum Plus ($2M+).  The Fidelity Rewards Visa rate becomes 2.25%, 2.50%, or 3.00% respectively. 

https://rewards.fidelity.com/offers/rewards/rewards-wealth

Business Cards

Length of Credit > 40 years; Total Credit Limits >$898K
Top Lender TCL - Chase 156.4 - BofA 99.7 - AMEX 95.0 - CITI 94.5 - NFCU 80.0
AoOA > 30 years (Jun 1993); AoYA (Feb 2024)
* Hover cursor over cards to see name & CL, or press & hold on mobile app.
Message 97 of 130
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Aim_High wrote:

• AOD FCU Visa Signature (currently the only card available earning uncapped and uncategorized 3%. Previously, the US Alliance CU Visa also was in this category.)

From April 1 to Dec 31 it is back at 3%.   And we can only hope that if stopping it in Feb was such a big issue, they will decide to keep it after Dec 31!   But probably not....

Message 98 of 130
galahad15
Valued Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@galahad15 wrote:

You can check out their membership eligibility requirements.  I believe the option further below may be available:

Friends of Bombay Hook

Those not affiliated with one of our Business Partners, or that do not have immediate family
that are connected with a Business Partner, also have the option of joining the Friends of Bombay Hook association.

As a member of Friends of Bombay Hook, you have access to enjoy the benefits associated with being part of the Dover Federal family.

Thanks for the helpful info @FinStarSmiley Happy  I tried joining the Friends of Bombay Hook affiliate organization, and tried apping for one of the Dover Federal Credit Union's cards.  The current status of the app is "Pending" and I received a message saying that one of the CU's loan officers will be reaching out to me in 1 - 2 business days, and so I guess we'll see if I'm hopefully actually approved or not soon, lol.

Message 99 of 130
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@galahad15 wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

Friends of Bombay Hook

Thanks for the helpful info @FinStarSmiley Happy  I tried joining the Friends of Bombay Hook affiliate organization, and tried apping for one of the Dover Federal Credit Union's cards.  The current status of the app is "Pending" and I received a message saying that one of the CU's loan officers will be reaching out to me in 1 - 2 business days, and so I guess we'll see if I'm hopefully actually approved or not soon, lol.

You're welcome @galahad15 - let us know the outcome of your application!

Message 100 of 130
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.