cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2% - 3% Cashback (CB) Credit Card (CC) - List

TJHOFF
Member

Re: 2% - 3% Cashback (CB) Credit Card (CC) - List


@8Hunnid wrote:

General Electric CU has their Visa Signature that gives 2x. The points are worth 1.17% when redeemed for cash into your checking or savings account. With this being a 2.4% card, I've simplified my card life and no longer care about 3% cards. I still get cash back when a fee is charged like on taxes and tuition. 



How are they to get approved?

I have a GECU up the street from me and was thinking about setting up a local bank account for occasional use. I was thinking about CinFed but looking at GE card, it looks pretty good, I could sign up for debit card to establish relationship while I garden for awhile and go for Visa a little down the road.

Message 81 of 106
AddictedToApprovals
Frequent Contributor

Re: 2% - 3% Cashback (CB) Credit Card (CC) - List


@TJHOFF wrote:

@8Hunnid wrote:

General Electric CU has their Visa Signature that gives 2x. The points are worth 1.17% when redeemed for cash into your checking or savings account. With this being a 2.4% card, I've simplified my card life and no longer care about 3% cards. I still get cash back when a fee is charged like on taxes and tuition. 



How are they to get approved?

I have a GECU up the street from me and was thinking about setting up a local bank account for occasional use. I was thinking about CinFed but looking at GE card, it looks pretty good, I could sign up for debit card to establish relationship while I garden for awhile and go for Visa a little down the road.


Meh, they're really flexible on their starting limits.. but their customer service (when something goes wrong) is atrocious. Their credit cards are serviced by a third party.. GECU will set your limit; but anything to do with the card is handled overseas by foreign reps. They're currently paying hundreds of thousands to revamp their marketing message through another local company called Cerkl. They're the reason for the more "user friendly" emails & notices online. I was approved for the Gold card 9.24% $23900. They pulled EQ8. Increases are a hard inquiry and they expect HEAVY use. To be honest, i've only used it a few times, because I fear if I use it for anything important and something goes wrong.. I have little to no recourse as the branch employees are unable to help. Say you're charged double, or you're missing a return credit.. etc.. normal stuff is overly complicated. 

 

Cinfed.. they're a hard pull (TU) to join and they don't reuse pulls for credit products.

EX: 810 F8 - 3 inquiries
EQ: 802 F8 - 2 inquiries
TU: 799 F8 - 7 inquiries

Message 82 of 106
TJHOFF
Member

Re: 2% - 3% Cashback (CB) Credit Card (CC) - List


@AddictedToApprovals wrote:

@TJHOFF wrote:

@8Hunnid wrote:

General Electric CU has their Visa Signature that gives 2x. The points are worth 1.17% when redeemed for cash into your checking or savings account. With this being a 2.4% card, I've simplified my card life and no longer care about 3% cards. I still get cash back when a fee is charged like on taxes and tuition. 



How are they to get approved?

I have a GECU up the street from me and was thinking about setting up a local bank account for occasional use. I was thinking about CinFed but looking at GE card, it looks pretty good, I could sign up for debit card to establish relationship while I garden for awhile and go for Visa a little down the road.


Meh, they're really flexible on their starting limits.. but their customer service (when something goes wrong) is atrocious. Their credit cards are serviced by a third party.. GECU will set your limit; but anything to do with the card is handled overseas by foreign reps. They're currently paying hundreds of thousands to revamp their marketing message through another local company called Cerkl. They're the reason for the more "user friendly" emails & notices online. I was approved for the Gold card 9.24% $23900. They pulled EQ8. Increases are a hard inquiry and they expect HEAVY use. To be honest, i've only used it a few times, because I fear if I use it for anything important and something goes wrong.. I have little to no recourse as the branch employees are unable to help. Say you're charged double, or you're missing a return credit.. etc.. normal stuff is overly complicated. 

 

Cinfed.. they're a hard pull (TU) to join and they don't reuse pulls for credit products.


Good info, Thanks

Sounds like it's not worth it. I have shared branching with my CU (AAFCU) at CinFed and Kemba for the occasional cash deposit so I'll hold off, I don't want any inquiries right now to clean that part of my credit up.

Message 83 of 106
longtimelurker
Mega Contributor

Re: 2% - 3% Cashback (CB) Credit Card (CC) - List


@Aim_High wrote:

@Numaxx wrote:

First Federal CU Visa Cash Rewards card is a 2% cash back card.

https://www.firstfedcu.com/rewards


True, but talk about a narrow membership focus!  Smiley Surprised  "Membership is open to all that live, work, or worship in Linn, Dickinson, Clay and Buena Vista counties in Iowa."  Three of those counties have populations under 21,000 and the combined is only 264,820.  I don't see any backdoor routes to membership.   

 

But thanks for adding that card to the list, @Numaxx, for anyone who could benefit.  It's interesting how many little-known 2% cards are around. 


Hey, it's wide open!

 

https://iowa.hometownlocator.com/features/cultural,class,church,scfips,19113.cfm

 

lists 204 churches in Linn County alone, and the first I selected at random offers live stream services......   Not so very different from joining a mountain bike group in NE AL,  go to an online service, join the CU, then decide if the church is really for you!    OK, they maybe more fussy about addresses than AOD and say that's not really worshipping IN the county, but....

Message 84 of 106
Aim_High
Senior Contributor

Re: 2% - 3% Cashback (CB) Credit Card (CC) - List


@longtimelurker wrote:

@Aim_High wrote:

@Numaxx wrote:

First Federal CU Visa Cash Rewards card is a 2% cash back card.

https://www.firstfedcu.com/rewards


"Membership is open to all that live, work, or worship in Linn, Dickinson, Clay and Buena Vista counties in Iowa." 


Hey, it's wide open!

https://iowa.hometownlocator.com/features/cultural,class,church,scfips,19113.cfm

lists 204 churches in Linn County alone, and the first I selected at random offers live stream services......   Not so very different from joining a mountain bike group in NE AL,  go to an online service, join the CU, then decide if the church is really for you!    OK, they maybe more fussy about addresses than AOD and say that's not really worshipping IN the county, but....


Sorry @longtimelurker, but I already worship at 112 other churches for the credit union memberships, so my Sunday schedule is pretty well booked up for 2021.  Lol Smiley LOL



Length of Credit > 35 years; Total Credit Limits > $500K
AoOA > 28 years (Jun 1993); AoYA (Aug 2020); Gardening since 08/15/20.
* Hover cursor over cards to see name & CL, or press & hold on mobile app.
Message 85 of 106
FinStar
Moderator

Re: 2% - 3% Cashback (CB) Credit Card (CC) - List

Just a quick PSA - while a variety of CUs may list multiple options for eligibility, let's not get carried away + keep in mind the 5 Things We Don't Talk About.

Message 86 of 106
8Hunnid
Valued Member

Re: 2% - 3% Cashback (CB) Credit Card (CC) - List

My experience with GE is almost the exact opposite. I joined years ago unknowingly when I got a car loan at the dealership. 2 years after paying it off, I walked into a branch and applied for the Visa Signature. I asked for 10k and was instantly approved. A few days later I messaged them about a CLI to 15k and they used the same pull. 

 

I ordered something online last year and after a month of being ignored by the shipper, I filed a dispute with GE. After a quick and easy email or secured chat, they said that they'd take it from there. 2 days later my order shipped. 

 

I've opened a checking account and CLOC ($5000) and it was quick and easy. They get 2 thumbs up from me.  As with everything, YEMV

Trans 750 EX 750 EQ 750
CO Quicksilver 1,500
FNBO Speedway 11,000
Amex BCP 18,000
Barclay Uber 9,850
Sync Lowes 16,000
Chase FU (P2) 6,600
Chase F 12,000
Discover (P2) 18,000
US Bank Cash+ 12,000
General Electric CU 15,000
Hilton Honors 12,000
Utilization 4%
Negative - 30 day 5 years ago
Message 87 of 106
Fersen
Member

Re: 2% - 3% Cashback (CB) Credit Card (CC) - List

Advantage Federal CU Visa Signature card offers 2% back on all purchases. I apologize if someone has already written about it.

Message 88 of 106
Fersen
Member

Re: 2% - 3% Cashback (CB) Credit Card (CC) - List

I believe that San Diego County CU Visa Signature card is a 2% cash back card.

Message 89 of 106
TheFIGuy
Established Contributor

Re: 2% - 3% Cashback (CB) Credit Card (CC) - List


@Fersen wrote:

I believe that San Diego County CU Visa Signature card is a 2% cash back card.


$89/annual fee though Smiley Sad

Message 90 of 106
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.