Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 Barclay cards

tag
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Re: 2 Barclay cards

I think you would be fine to app now. Im not sure how the loan will effect your approval odds once it reports. You may get dinged on high balance but you may get points for the installment loan.

Their analysts would always "educate" me on their policy was to give 2 cards sparingly, but I think that was their way of calling me a card churner. Obviously that's not the case for you.

I doubt they will give you the $25 credit unless you app for the card. You could always ask them to consolidate the limits and close LL Bean after you're approved but thats another YMMV with Barclays.
Message 11 of 13
amdm2013
Frequent Contributor

I was approved for the Freedom on Friday and I received a pre-qualified pop-up on Williams-Sonoma site the same day..

Applied and got approved today before I had a chance to recon.
CSP: $20k / BarclayCard WMC: $20k / US Bank Sig: $12k / Diners Club: $10k / Macy's: $10k / CapOne QS: $8k / Sportsman's Visa: $7.5k / Overstock: $7.4k / Citi DP: $3.6k / US Bank LOC: $2.5k / Cabela's: $2k / Bank of Hawaii AmEx: $1.6k / Chase Marriott: $1.5k / Amazon Visa: $500
Message 12 of 13
mskarma
New Contributor

@EndlessRoad wrote:

I have a Rewards MasterCard, as well as an Apple Visa, recently "PC'd" the Apple Visa to an "upgraded rewards card" got sent a Rewards Visa, with the exact rewards as my MC.  It’s very possible to have more than one Barclay card, for me though I’ll be reducing down to one since it’s kind of useless to have two of the same cards. 

Also keep in mind transferring CL between cards will affect your auto CLI.  I was a bit disappointed when I figured this one out. 

Good luck.

How long did you have your apple card before doing the product change? Did you call to do it?

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.