Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 Chase Sapphire Reserve Accounts?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

2 Chase Sapphire Reserve Accounts?

Has anyone tried applying for 2 CSR accounts (for the purpose of acquiring two instances of their 100K offer)? With intentions of consolidating credit lines after spending $4K in 3 months and receiving the 100K offer.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
driftless
Valued Contributor

Re: 2 Chase Sapphire Reserve Accounts?

You can only have one.
CSR | Amex Platinum | EDP | QS (2)
Amex Blue Business Plus
Message 2 of 9
myjourney
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Has anyone tried applying for 2 CSR accounts (for the purpose of acquiring two instances of their 100K offer)? With intentions of consolidating credit lines after spending $4K in 3 months and receiving the 100K offer.

Driftless is correct ...only one 

But my question is thgo:

Why would you want 2 CSR's and only spend for one bonus and then consolidate CL's .....Huh

I could see spending 8k for 200k points but not two apps for same card and benefits and one bonus 

Lol

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 3 of 9
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@myjourney wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

But my question is thgo:

Why would you want 2 CSR's and only spend for one bonus and then consolidate CL's .....Huh

I could see spending 8k for 200k points but not two apps for same card and benefits and one bonus 

Lol

I think OP meant what what you could see, two bonuses: then consolidating the CLS.    But ... "This product is available to you if you don’t have this card and have not received a new cardmember bonus for this card in the past 24 months"

Message 4 of 9
redpat
Senior Contributor

@myjourney wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

But my question is thgo:

Lol

I could see a Husband and Wife app for the two cards and after a year PC one to Freedom or FU.  If I remember correctly, you can transfer UR points to a spouse, nice to have 200k in the bank for at worst case $3,000 of travel.  The net cost before the next AF due would be $0 (900AF - 600 1st travel credit then one 300 second travel before PC.), keeping one CSR open.  

Personal Cards: Amex Plat | Amex Delta Res | CSR | Citi AA Exec Business Cards: Ink+ | Amex BGR
Message 5 of 9
myjourney
Super Contributor

@redpat wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

But my question is thgo:

Lol

I could see a Husband and Wife app for the two cards and after a year PC one to Freedom or FU.  If I remember correctly, you can transfer UR points to a spouse, nice to have 200k in the bank for at worst case $3,000 of travel.  The net cost before the next AF due would be $0 (900AF - 600 1st travel credit then one 300 second travel before PC.), keeping one CSR open.  

OP stated consolidate CL's which I found strange? IDK Lol

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 6 of 9
myjourney
Super Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

But my question is thgo:

Lol

I think OP meant what what you could see, two bonuses: then consolidating the CLS.    But ... "This product is available to you if you don’t have this card and have not received a new cardmember bonus for this card in the past 24 months"

Lol I was completely lost as to what OP wanted to do which puzzled me 

Yeah yeah I know won't see that happen often Lol

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Should have clarified a bit :-)

I've had my CSR for a few months now and acquired my 100K points a while back and am currently using it as my primary card.

My question was whether I can open a second one and spend $4K to acquire another 100K points, after which I intended on consolidating both CLs.

Message 8 of 9
myjourney
Super Contributor

Sorry nope not happening 

But nice try Smiley Very Happy

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.