@Justagirl73 wrote:

Yes

So obviously that won't work for OPs purposes, needs two different accounts

Message 11 of 28
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: 2 Discover IT cards

OP...You can have two cards (separate acts) total with Discover (example...It/Miles, Miles/Chrome...etc....). I don't know about two separate Miles,It,Chrome etc...of the same card.

JAG was correct. You can have up to to 4 cards for the same acct...for example, I has two cards in different colors for my it acct. (gold and light blue). Its all the same CL, I just have two different colors to use...
Message 12 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Justagirl73 wrote:

Yes

So obviously that won't work for OPs purposes, needs two different accounts

Yes obviously. I was attempting to explain that when the csr told op he could have different cards for the same account, the CL would be the same. It would not be split and it wasn't what he was trying to do. 

Message 13 of 28
JSS3
Valued Contributor

I have 2 Discover ITs. One is always my BT card. The other is used for purchases. At the time of applying for my second IT, my first card had around a 18,000 limit. When I applied, I was told to call in as they wanted to make sure I wanted a second IT card vs just wanting to have one card with different images. I explained I wanted a seperate, new account. I was approved with 3,000. First IT currently 26,000. The second is 19,000 as of today. Never asked for POI.

-modest income -50,000ish
-lots of new accounts
-overall utility around 10%
-340,000 TCL

Message 14 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@JSS3 wrote:

I have 2 Discover ITs. One is always my BT card. The other is used for purchases. At the time of applying for my second IT, my first card had around a 18,000 limit. When I applied, I was told to call in as they wanted to make sure I wanted a second IT card vs just wanting to have one card with different images. I explained I wanted a seperate, new account. I was approved with 3,000. First IT currently 26,000. The second is 19,000 as of today. Never asked for POI.

-lots of new accounts
-340,000 TCL

Did you get the 0% offer and double cash back for first year on both cards?

Message 15 of 28
JSS3
Valued Contributor

@Irish
Yes, I got double cashback and 0% offers for both. Had both cards when that double was first rolled out. Signed them up and received my bonus the same time in July when statement cut.
Message 16 of 28
LadyJEsq
Established Contributor

Good to know, thanks JSS3!!

**FICO 8 Scores EQ EX TU **

Message 17 of 28
ecxpa
Valued Contributor

@JSS3 wrote:

-lots of new accounts
-340,000 TCL

UPDATE: 

That's exactly what I wanted; a BT card and a card for everyday purchases.  5% cash back this quarter on dining is perfect because of vacation, and 5% cash back next quarter on Amazon, great for Christmas.   I have a BT on my original IT card with CL of 19.5K, bit the bullet and got a 2d Card with a 3K limit which is fine for my purposes right now.   Does Discover give CLI's when you activate the card, has anybody tried to do this?

Message 18 of 28
601flyguy
Established Contributor

Thanks, i wanted to know this as well. I may go for another IT for the cb match. Do they frown upon that??
2019 Spend Summary
$944,008 Amex BRG
$91,953 Amex SC
$58,351 Discover It
$50,046 BofA CR
$36,146 Amex PRG
$6,774 Cap1 QS
$963 Amex CM

$1,188,241 Yearly Spend
Message 19 of 28
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Im confused, i thought that once you get the It card, you would become ineligble to receive another double cash back bonus. Did this change and when cuz i would imagine we'd have a fico stampede trying to get more than 1 It cardsSmiley Wink
Message 20 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.