Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 Hard Pulls at Barclay's.

tag
Jerry45
Valued Contributor

2 Hard Pulls at Barclay's.

Denied on a Second Recon for the Arrival Card. Asked the Rep if he did any Hard Pulls, he said NO. So now I have the initial TU pull, and a Experian one also.

Is there anything I can do, or just bite the Bullet? Learned a hard lesson in my rebuilding this week, and I am done with Barclay's, even when my credit ages and improves.

Message 9 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Jerry45
Valued Contributor

Second Recon Barclay's

Hopefully this will help some here, who plan to apply for the Arrival. Called in for a second recon this afternoon, and talked to a polite young man. He was helpful, but denied. He actually left me on hold for 10 minutes, so I think he actually tried to get it past his Supervisor . No Go.

1. Stated that Barclay's wants to see any TL under $5000 to show at least 75% Utility. Say what, almost gagged!!!!

2. Barclay's frowns on rebuilders, and wants 2 years age of accounts?

3. Asked why Barclay's pre selects online and thru mailers for the Arrival, to somebody with 10 months credit? I heard Crickets

4. It seems to me that they want 5k TL's for the Arrival at the least.

Had a much better experience than my first recon with Nurse Ratchett. Utilization demands will keep me from apping at Barclay's again, 3 differnt Rep's verified that policy now. Good Luck

Message 1 of 14
Jerry45
Valued Contributor

Re: Second Recon Barclay's

Might Add, that Barclay's , as many here have stated, only does one Hard TU inquiry. That is a positive.

Message 2 of 14
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

They pulled TU on my Barclay Ring and EX for my recon to get approved.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 3 of 14
Jerry45
Valued Contributor

I am glad you got approved Cold. I could not even get to the point of a second hard pull.

Message 4 of 14
Jerry45
Valued Contributor

Moderator my mistake, could you please move this to Credit Cards. thank You

Message 5 of 14
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

@Jerry45 wrote:

Moderator my mistake, could you please move this to Credit Cards. thank You

At the time my credit wasn't very good but my begging was and told them I wanted to start a relationship with their bank. They started me out at $1k and gave me small CLIs every 6 months.

Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Message 6 of 14
Jerry45
Valued Contributor

Cold, when you applied, you probably had longer credit history than me. I believe now, that you really do have to have 1 year on one card to get any traction with the big banks.

It amazes me that was able to get the Walmart Discover with only 7 months. I should be grateful. Hopefully I can get some Cli's on that soon.

Message 7 of 14
Jerry45
Valued Contributor

Cold, I have Experian monitoring, and Barclay's did pull EX on my second recon. I asked the Rep if he did any hard pulls. and he said no. Is there anything I can do, or just eat it?

Message 8 of 14
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Re: 2 Hard Pulls at Barclay's.

They are allowed to pull multiple credit reports. Not much you can do but call them. They record the conversations and you were told they wouldn't pull another credit report it's worth trying to get them to remove it. Good Luck!

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.