Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 Hard Pulls at Barclay's.

tag
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Re: Second Recon Barclay's

@Jerry45 wrote:

Cold, I have Experian monitoring, and Barclay's did pull EX on my second recon. I asked the Rep if he did any hard pulls. and he said no. Is there anything I can do, or just eat it?

I would call them because they said they wouldn't and try to get them to remove it. But they are allowed to pull all three. Good Luck!

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 11 of 14
randeman
Frequent Contributor

I think I read somewhere on these boards that Barclay likes to make their money by their customers carrying large balances over time.  If that doesn't sound right, let me know.

Experian Score: 689--Amex 27 July 2014; Equifax Score 680--MyFICO--17 September 2014; TransUnion Score 718-Discover 20 August 2014--PUH-RAISE JESUS, I finally broke 700!!! Cards and Credit Lines: Escape by Discover, Chase Freedom Signature Visa, Chase United MileagePlus Explorer Signature Visa, Chase Sapphire Preferred Signature Visa, Barclay's Holland America Visa, Citibank Custom Credit Line, Paypal Custom Connect Credit Line, Bloomingdale's, Macy's Premier Elite, Amazon Store Card, Lord & Taylor, Nordstrom, Discover It, Gold Delta SkyMiles from American Express, PayPal BML.
Message 12 of 14
elim
Senior Contributor

@Jerry45 wrote:

Hopefully this will help some here, who plan to apply for the Arrival. Called in for a second recon this afternoon, and talked to a polite young man. He was helpful, but denied. He actually left me on hold for 10 minutes, so I think he actually tried to get it past his Supervisor . No Go.

1. Stated that Barclay's wants to see any TL under $5000 to show at least 75% Utility. Say what, almost gagged!!!!

2. Barclay's frowns on rebuilders, and wants 2 years age of accounts?

3. Asked why Barclay's pre selects online and thru mailers for the Arrival, to somebody with 10 months credit? I heard Crickets

4. It seems to me that they want 5k TL's for the Arrival at the least.

Had a much better experience than my first recon with Nurse Ratchett. Utilization demands will keep me from apping at Barclay's again, 3 differnt Rep's verified that policy now. Good Luck

lmfao (thumbs up) we'll get em' next year

Message 13 of 14
Jerry45
Valued Contributor

Re: 2 Hard Pulls at Barclay's.

Lol! Feel like McMurphy. Thanks. 2015 will be my year
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.