Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 Marriott Rooms, Same Dates, Need Help With Rewards

tag
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Re: 2 Marriott Rooms, Same Dates, Need Help With Rewards

I'd call chase and ask, they may have you call the hotel directly about how their transactions are coded.
Message 11 of 18
elim
Senior Contributor

@jsucool76 wrote:
I'd call chase and ask, they may have you call the hotel directly about how their transactions are coded.

Thanks again jsu... I just sent an SM and will see what they say tommorrow. Thanks also for the info, I'll keep multiple rooms in my name now and use RC. You are pretty good at this for sure.   :]

Message 12 of 18
noobody
Established Contributor

@jsucool76 wrote:
You can earn points for up to 3 rooms at the same time. You can only earn elite night credit for 1 room (as you can only stay in one room at a time, technically).

Can you take a screenshot of the detailed transaction where it is showing 1x spend? I'd call chase and ask about the earning on that transaction.

You should earn the 5x on hotels no matter how many rooms you book, in whoevers name, as long as it is paid with your card.

Make sure the room for your family is booked under your name. Add the rest of your family as additional guests. If you have it under (for example) your moms name...you wont earn points for it.

Since you have ritz, i'm assuming you're gold. For rooms booked with the marriott card you'll earn 17.5 points per dollar spent on the room. 12.5 from marriott (10+25% bonus) and 5 from the marriott card.

With the ritz card you'll earn 18 points per dollar. 12.5 from marriott (10+25% bonus and 5.5 from the ritz card (5+10% bonus).

@noobody:

Was your marriott number attached to the reservation? Was the room in your name? Hotels are NOT supposed to grant points/elite night credits if you're not the one checking into the room, which is why i suggest keeping the room in your name. All of the info on the reservation needs to match your rewards account.

It seems one hotel followed the rules to the T, and one is more lax. It happens. If you're not staying, expect nothing.
It was the same hotel. Since I was NOT stay there, there is no base to argue, my marriott number was on both reservations, but person stay there is obvious not my name, just consider a lucky break on 2nd reservation, but why is 15 points per $ plus 20%?
EX819 1HP|TU797 1HP| EQ(Fico8 BankCard)841
Message 13 of 18
jsucool76
Super Contributor

You should earn 10 points per dollar, plus 20% (12 points per dollar) plus the 5 points per dollar from your marriott card, for a total of 17 points
Message 14 of 18
elim
Senior Contributor

Got a reply from Chase, It was worth 1,753 points (every one counts)...   

"Thank you for contacting Chase regarding your Marriott
Premier credit card account.

After a review of the Metropolitan at 9 Hotel in
Cleveland, Ohio. After a review of the hotel website, it
does reflect they are part of the Marriott Autograph
Collection. As a result, I have added 1,753 points to the
account. These points will be reflected on the next
billing statement.

We appreciate the opportunity to help you. We value our
relationship with you and thank you for choosing Chase.
Please contact us anytime if you need assistance.

Thank you, "

Message 15 of 18
Saleen099
Senior Contributor

Nice Congrats!!!!! 

Message 16 of 18
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Should've only been 1752. You're one ahead of the game. =]
Message 17 of 18
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@elim wrote:

Got a reply from Chase, It was worth 1,753 points (every one counts)...   

"Thank you for contacting Chase regarding your Marriott
Premier credit card account.

After a review of the Metropolitan at 9 Hotel in
Cleveland, Ohio. After a review of the hotel website, it
does reflect they are part of the Marriott Autograph
Collection. As a result, I have added 1,753 points to the
account. These points will be reflected on the next
billing statement.

We appreciate the opportunity to help you. We value our
relationship with you and thank you for choosing Chase.
Please contact us anytime if you need assistance.

Thank you, "

That's awesome!  Smiley Very Happy

I might be an outlier, but I'm actually more impressed when a glitch comes up and it's promptly and happily taken care of than when everything goes perfectly.   "Perfect" is easy to handle, it take skill to 'fix' something so that the experience remains seamless. Kudos to Chase on making this right!

FWIW, I used to be a road-warrior 'back in the day', and I always found Marriott extremely easy to work with as well, especially on my points.  More than once I would get to my room and realize my MR number wasn't on my printout, and I would call the front desk from my room and have it added - no questions asked.  I also had to use the missing stay form once (it was one of my first stays, and was my error) and again, easy-peasy. 

If I ever travel for business (or even for pleasure) again I'll always check for a Marriott first.  Smiley Wink

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.