Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2% Reward Card

tag
aamex
Frequent Contributor

2% Reward Card

Is there a card that gives 2% Cash back other than Fidelity? I know discover is doing a promotion for 2% on utilities and such. But i'm looking for a solid 2% (or more) year around.

Also, any other general reward suggestions would be appreciated Smiley Happy. Happy Holidays!! 

Wallet: Fidelity Investment Rewards | BOA Travel Rewards | Chase Sapphire Preferred | Discover More
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
PetRaccoon
New Contributor

Re: 2% Reward Card

Can't think of one other than the Spark Cash Business card.. The Cap One Cash card is 1% but also a 50% annual dividend on all the cash back you earned, which I guess a pretty good comprimise.

TU08:: 754 (4/14) EQ: 745 (6/14) 753 (1/13) Ex: 766 (12/11)
Goal: 800! Then Keep it there and keep growing!~
Card(s): HSBC Premier WMC: 5,000 (7/09), Chase Freedom 6,000 (11/11) BCE 3,200 (12/11) Chase Saph: 5,000 (5/12)
Message 2 of 10
aamex
Frequent Contributor

@PetRaccoon wrote:

Can't think of one other than the Spark Cash Business card.. The Cap One Cash card is 1% but also a 50% annual dividend on all the cash back you earned, which I guess a pretty good comprimise.

I wouldn't get a capital one card if they had 80% cash back..LOL. 

Wallet: Fidelity Investment Rewards | BOA Travel Rewards | Chase Sapphire Preferred | Discover More
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover Escape is a flat 2% back on every purchase.

However, you are supposed to use it for travel redemption. They do have gift card options, but then it does not equate to a 2% card. Redemption value is lower for things other than travel related.

Message 4 of 10
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@aamex wrote:

@PetRaccoon wrote:

You know that's a lie lmao

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 5 of 10
wollepopolle
Established Contributor

BoA has one. I got it over a year ago. It was by mail invitation only. Not sure why I got the invitation. Just by accident, I guess.

It pays 2% straight cash back. No exclusions. No foul play. If redeemed at the $300 level, you get an additional 25% bonus which turns it into a 2.5% cash back card.

In January, I'll redeem my $300 cash back balance for a $375 check. Needless to say, I love this card.

Also, they send me offers for statement credit on various purchases. Last time it was travel. I purchased a ticket and got a $25 statement credit. This was in addition to the regular cash back.

Message 6 of 10
SenorDragon
Valued Member

@Anonymous wrote:

Discover Escape is a flat 2% back on every purchase.

However, you are supposed to use it for travel redemption. They do have gift card options, but then it does not equate to a 2% card. Redemption value is lower for things other than travel related.

The Capital One Venture is basically identical to the Discover Escape. Unfortunately both have a $60 AF. There's also a 2% card offered by Sallie Mae that earns 2 points per dollar, where you can redeem the points at 25000 for $250, a 1:1 conversion rate. Anything lower than that and you won't get the full value for the points. While it may take longer to see the cash back, at least it has no AF.

Message 7 of 10
aamex
Frequent Contributor

@wollepopolle wrote:

BoA has one. I got it over a year ago. It was by mail invitation only. Not sure why I got the invitation. Just by accident, I guess.

It pays 2% straight cash back. No exclusions. No foul play. If redeemed at the $300 level, you get an additional 25% bonus which turns it into a 2.5% cash back card.

In January, I'll redeem my $300 cash back balance for a $375 check. Needless to say, I love this card.

Also, they send me offers for statement credit on various purchases. Last time it was travel. I purchased a ticket and got a $25 statement credit. This was in addition to the regular cash back.

Really?! Whats it called? is it phased out?

Message 8 of 10
wollepopolle
Established Contributor

@aamex wrote:

@wollepopolle wrote:

Really?! Whats it called? is it phased out?

It's a regular Bank Americard VIsa with no annual fee.

Message 9 of 10
aamex
Frequent Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

@aamex wrote:

@PetRaccoon wrote:

You know that's a lie lmao

...Lol...you're right..but i'd try really hard not too.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.