cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 Week trip on Hawaii nearly free thanks to my cards points and cash back. Awesome

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: 2 Week trip on Hawaii nearly free thanks to my cards points and cash back. Awesome

Enjoy your trip!!!

Message 11 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: 2 Week trip on Hawaii nearly free thanks to my cards points and cash back. Awesome

@Anonymous wrote:

@One7 wrote:

In Kaua'i, Hawaii right now for two weeks, I used my airline miles and the flights here and back were free thanks to that, the airports were relaxing thanks to my club access and my resort and everything else is basically paid for thanks to points and Cashback I've received through signup bonuses and accrued throughout the year. Credit cards are awesome.

Sounds like a great vacation ahead.  When you have time you should break down which cards you used and how you redeemed them.  This would help those that are interested in doing the same.

^^ I second this request!! Smiley Very Happy Smiley Very Happy Smiley Very Happy I love Hawaii...enjoy your vacation!

Message 12 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Definitely interested to see your breakdown, I was stationed in Hawaii and would love to take the wifey back for cheap/free one day Smiley Very Happy  One island I missed (besides Lanai and Nihau) was Maui so I have a reason to go back too!

Thanks and subscribed!

Oz

Message 13 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's awesome, glad you got such good perks! Have a fun trip! 

Message 14 of 26
Bman70
Established Contributor

@One7 wrote:

Definitely! I'll do that when I have some free time.

When you have some free time? Come on, you're on vacation! :-D

I have been trying to find a good airline card for the last year.. JUST for free flights. Ideally gives more free miles for redeeming free miles. 

Have fun over there! 

EX 822
TU 834
EQ 820

Message 15 of 26
GetTheFico
Regular Contributor

Congrats!

I'm in the process of trying to plan a week's stay on points / free nights in Tokyo.

EQ: 780
EX: 767
TU: 779
Message 16 of 26
MadTechnologist
Frequent Contributor

@GetTheFico wrote:

Congrats!

I'm in the process of trying to plan a week's stay on points / free nights in Tokyo.

Please keep us posted on how you're able to do that as well. I've always wanted to go to Japan, especially Tokyo, and going for anywhere near free would be AMAZING!

Starting Score: 611 (02/28/2014 EQ MyFico) 608 (Barclays TU 03/28/14)
Current Score: 665 (05/13/16 EQ) 655 (05/13/16 TU) 672 (05/13/16 EX) Gardening since 04/30/2016
Goal Score: 740+ All Around

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 17 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@longtimelurker wrote:

In Hawaii on vacation, and STIL logs into to MyFico!  A sad example of how addictive this can be!

how else would you rub it in people's face that you got free trip out of credit cards rewards? Smiley LOL

Message 18 of 26
IgnatiusReilly
Regular Contributor

Enjoy. Trips paid with rewards are just more fun. Like how a beer somehow tastes better when I have just beaten a friend in dice for it.
Message 19 of 26
hawaii-girl
Regular Contributor

And I'm in the proces of doing it in the opposite direction! I'm stocked up with points to go visit friends back on the mainland. Chicago, here I come...well, I'm going in a couple of months when there's no more danger of snow! Smiley Very Happy

Message 20 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.