cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 apps with one HP from Amex? Anyone?

tag
Mailak
Frequent Contributor

Re: 2 apps with one HP from Amex? Anyone?

@OhioCPA wrote:

Two applications on the same day for the same type of card, either two charge or two credit cards will generally result in one pull. A charge and a credit card on the same day might result in two pulls. I received two when I applied for a charge and a credit card on the same day. EX did delete the second one as a duplicate, which I understand will generally be the case.

I applied for Green and BCP - I got one HP. But like I said, you never know!

PenFed Platinum Cash Rewards (19.5k), Amex BCE (9k), Chase Sapphire Reserve (30k), Chase Freedom Unlimited (14.5k), Chase Marriott Premier (19k), Discover More (10k)
Message 21 of 29
chnceit
Valued Contributor

This is a true YMMV situation

Last Pulled EQ: 809
Last Credit Card App: 02/05/2016
Last CLI: 02/06/2016
Find Me: Gardening
Message 22 of 29
ukimafija
Regular Contributor

Like BCF already said,  if it is donne within 24hrs and they only pull EX, cb will merge the reports so you will get only one hard pull.

BOA Cash Rewards Visa Sig. 12K; BOA Travel Rewards Visa Sig 5K, US Bank Cash+ 11.5K, AMEX BCE 6200, AMEX BLUE Sky 7K, Chase Freedom Visa Sig. 5400, Fort Knox FCU Visa Platinum 2500; CAP ONE Cash Rewards WORLD MC 5K

Starting Score: 580
Current Score: 747
Goal Score: 800+

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 23 of 29
DavidGuetta
Established Member

Couple weeks ago I did exactly that, three browsers on two different comps, applied  instantly on all three applications - and it didn't work. The adventure resulted in three pulls. I was approved for all three though

Message 24 of 29
CreditMuppet
Frequent Contributor

And just to be technical, it's got nothing to do with the browser Smiley Wink The form will get processed on the server side just the same, and will be passed through the API twice regardless on how quick you think you can hit the apply button. It's true that you can apply for multiple applications with a single inquiry but its got nothing to do with the client browser and everything to do with how the Amex backend servers interact with the API's at the CRA's.

Starting Score: 770
Current Score: 765 (EX) 763 (EQ) 756 (TU)

Auto Enhanced: 788 (EX)
Goal Score: 800
Message 25 of 29
ukimafija
Regular Contributor

@DavidGuetta wrote:

Couple weeks ago I did exactly that, three browsers on two different comps, applied  instantly on all three applications - and it didn't work. The adventure resulted in three pulls. I was approved for all three though

Well if they pulled  different cb it is ok, if you got 3 HP on EX and they did not correct it yet than you should file a dispute with them(the credit bureau) and have the credit pulls merged into 1

BOA Cash Rewards Visa Sig. 12K; BOA Travel Rewards Visa Sig 5K, US Bank Cash+ 11.5K, AMEX BCE 6200, AMEX BLUE Sky 7K, Chase Freedom Visa Sig. 5400, Fort Knox FCU Visa Platinum 2500; CAP ONE Cash Rewards WORLD MC 5K

Starting Score: 580
Current Score: 747
Goal Score: 800+

Message 26 of 29
DavidGuetta
Established Member

@ukimafija wrote:

@DavidGuetta wrote:

Well if they pulled  different cb it is ok, if you got 3 HP on EX and they did not correct it yet than you should file a dispute with them(the credit bureau) and have the credit pulls merged into 1

Thanks for suggestion, It was my initial plan if more than one appears on EX. However,  It looks to me it wont work. AMEX approved cards in 3-4 days intervals. The first was approved immediately, while the other two were "in progress" , then after 3 working days the second card was approved, followed by HP the same day,  while the third card took 4 or 5 days and new HP the same day. Basically AMEX pulled EX three times in 10 days window. It may be some creative way to remove one if not two, I am not sure if I am the one who may work it out, I called earlier last year for similar reasons it is just enough stress for me for now, not to mention waste of time i can't get it back again 

Message 27 of 29
DavidGuetta
Established Member

As far as I understand  the more than one browser is about own cash and cookies not the AMEX server.

I agree quickly pulling the trigger- pushing the APPLY button one after another wont make it faster just like that, the procedure goes its way. However, there is enough evidence it worked for some people, enough reasons for others to do it quickly. 

I did three apps, for two I may say I did it like gunman, the third was considerably late.

It didn't work in terms of one HP, all three  apps resulted in related  HP that was meticulously recorded.

@CreditMuppet wrote:

And just to be technical, it's got nothing to do with the browser Smiley Wink The form will get processed on the server side just the same, and will be passed through the API twice regardless on how quick you think you can hit the apply button. It's true that you can apply for multiple applications with a single inquiry but its got nothing to do with the client browser and everything to do with how the Amex backend servers interact with the API's at the CRA's.

Message 28 of 29
MrxLeo
Contributor

Does anyone know if doing the browser trick works when applying to different creditors?  For instance if I'm doing the method and applying simultaniously for three different cards: Citi, Amex, BoA, will the creditors be able to see the other inquiries from the other banks?  

Starting Score: 609
Current Score: EX: 723 (08/18), TU: 741 (08/15), EQ: 695(08/15)
Goal Score: 785

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 29 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.