Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2% cash back paypal card

tag
rgd51
Frequent Contributor

2% cash back paypal card

Is this card worth getting? I have read mixed reviews on it so what do the people on here who have the card think about it? Score is in the mid 700s with perfect payment history but I have opened a half dozen new credit cards and a mortgage in the last 6 months. Last HP was a couple months ago. Am I likely to get denied for the card due to too many recent inquiries? I was denied for the citi double cash card 3 months ago for that exact reason. 

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
MoneyBurns
Frequent Contributor

Re: 2% cash back paypal card

You won't know till you try! People have issues with Synch. I personally, have had nothing but great service from them.

If you use PayPal anyways, you might as well get it. And I really don't see it as being an extra "hoop" to jump through ether. To each their own though! 

Plus citi DC is 1% + 1%. I find it worth it to just use PP MC. I had a Double Cash but I hated the 1% + 1% and $25 dollar redemption.

No FXs fee makes this card easy to travel with too.

My Current Active Credit Cards
Message 2 of 16
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

It's my daily driver. I've had no problems with it. One of my favorites.

Message 3 of 16
northface28
Established Contributor

My ONLY issue with this card is there are no real time purchase alerts. That is a big deal for me.

BK Discharged 9/11

Cap1 Quiksilver Visa Signature $41k| Discover IT $24k| Barclays Uber VISA $16.2k|BOA Cash Rewards $8.4k| BOA BBR $6k|AMEX Cash Magnet $12.8k|AMEX BCP $16.6k|Huntington Voice $5.5k|Citi Double Cash $5.7k| US Bank Cash+ $6.5k
Message 4 of 16
rgd51
Frequent Contributor

I have never used PayPal but can the card be managed through the PayPal app?. My quicksilver and chase freedom unlimited already give 1.5% on purchases and are easy to manage and redeem rewards from. Is the PayPal card harder to do so? I was also denied for the 2% alliance card due to too many inquires.

Message 5 of 16
MoneyBurns
Frequent Contributor

The app will take you directly to the Synch. PP MC when you click it. You log in to PayPal then click "Pay my Credit Card" (something like that) and a new window pops up. You'll be able to manage everything there from payments to your reward dollars (Which redeem directly to your PayPal account) in which you can transfer to your bank (providing you link bank account to PayPal).

Your PayPal can be set up easily by using your email. 

My Current Active Credit Cards
Message 6 of 16
rgd51
Frequent Contributor

I have had 2 sync cards in the past that I closed because I got better rewards elsewhere. Will sync be more likely to deny me due to that? Is sync inquiry sensitive like Alliant and citi were? I have never used PayPal before but it seems to be a good way to pay.

Message 7 of 16
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

@northface28 wrote:

My ONLY issue with this card is there are no real time purchase alerts. That is a big deal for me.

I get an email every time there's a purchase over $1

Message 8 of 16
Credit12Fico
Established Contributor

@Brian_Earl_Spilner wrote:

@northface28 wrote:

I get an email every time there's a purchase over $1

and with a little extra work, those emails can become text messages to your phone using email forwarding to your phone number. So you really can get the real time alerts in any flavor nowadays. 

My only nitpick remaining is no ability to place a freeze or quick lock on the card like many other banks. I like keeping my cards locked down so I'm the only one who can use them Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 16
rgd51
Frequent Contributor

Is sync as inquiry sensitive as citi and Alliant? So far I am 0 for 2 on 2% flat rate card applications and both were denied solely for too many inquiries. 

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.