cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 disco-it cards. Same gas quarter. Hit threshold twice?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: 2 disco-it cards. Same gas quarter. Hit threshold twice?

So get this I send Disco- an email yesterday and ask what I can expect for my anniversary lol.
They respond with you can call now since you have apr offers!
So I called and they asked would you rather lower my APR for good or a 0% APR period they asked if I plan on making big purchases soon I said yes. I said I was shopping for a card with 0% APR for a year. They gave me 12 months 0 apr on purchases starting tomorrow! 5 days before my anniversary is and would only get 5% cash back on gas (After the 19th)
Honestly I was struggling with meeting the spend and didn't think I would capitalize on some of it.($40 would have missed out on) But now I just pay what I owe then have 12 months to pay for the gas cards I can buy starting tomorrow and hit my spend!
Believe and receive

I made sure to ask if this would affect me getting a second card with 0 apr and all that she replied no and made me feel like I could have it all lol. First time I've had a creditor fight for my business.. (maybe they got wind of my gold card)
If the 10% cash back wasn't so tempting I would garden and not get a second it!
Message 11 of 19
ChargedUp
Senior Contributor

In California, it didn't take me long to hit $1500 on gas purchases... Smiley Mad

Message 12 of 19
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@ChargedUp wrote:

In California, it didn't take me long to hit $1500 on gas purchases... Smiley Mad

No Kidding, Glad I dont drive like I used to. The 5% off of Gas at least for The Quarter Helps.

(Plus The Cash Match at the end of 1 year)

I will probably look at a Card Like I think it's Ducks Unlimited and or also The Fort Knox Card.

that offers year round spend for Gas. The Costco is out, as its a 10 Mile Drive One way.

I think I  can set The BoA Cash Rewards Card for Gas at 3%

I forget if I can Get 3% out of the US Bank CASH+ Card. might be 2%

and i must have 5 cards at least that are 2% on Gas.

Message 13 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can always get a BBVA ClearPoints and set it to gas. 3% with no limit. 

Message 14 of 19
ChargedUp
Senior Contributor

@M_Smart007 wrote:

@ChargedUp wrote:

No Kidding, Glad I dont drive like I used to. The 5% off of Gas at least for The Quarter Helps.

(Plus The Cash Match at the end of 1 year)

I will probably look at a Card Like I think it's Ducks Unlimited and or also The Fort Knox Card.

that offers year round spend for Gas. The Costco is out, as its a 10 Mile Drive One way.

I think I  can set The BoA Cash Rewards Card for Gas at 3%

I forget if I can Get 3% out of the US Bank CASH+ Card. might be 2%

and i must have 5 cards at least that are 2% on Gas.

I just recently learned about the Ducks Unlimited card, and that may be one of my next cards after a bit of gardening. I'm using Simply Cash + with the 3% set for fuel except for when Disco has it for a 5% category.

Message 15 of 19
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

You been peeking at my "On The Radar List" ?

Message 16 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@M_Smart007 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Hahaha no, I just have and love the card. Super flexible. If I add a new card that covers a category, my ClearPoints can be shifted to another one. Its a pretty awesome card - and it’s easy to get approved for. The other options like Ducks and Fort Knox are a lot more hassle. 

Message 17 of 19
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@M_Smart007 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Hahaha no, I just have and love the card. Super flexible. If I add a new card that covers a category, my ClearPoints can be shifted to another one. Its a pretty awesome card - and it’s easy to get approved for. The other options like Ducks and Fort Knox are a lot more hassle. 

@Anonymous,

I tried to Apply for The BBVA Clear Points, Do you have to have a Checking or Savings?

I tried to apply Last Night, Found The website no problem,

found the card, but then Gave up on Applying. seems i could'nt ???

any Geo Restrictions?, HELP!!

EDIT: Also, what CRA do they normally like to pull?

Message 18 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah so I did hit the threshold for my first card. I will be receiving $450 when they double the cash back.
I am glad I took the 0 APR for 12 months rather than the slight APR reduction since I was able to hit that threshold by carrying a balance. Which made perfect sense to me. Especially since I have a card with a 10 and a half percent APR so I would never use discover to carry a balance anyways.
Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.