cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 disco-it cards. Same gas quarter. Hit threshold twice?

Highlighted
Established Contributor

Re: 2 disco-it cards. Same gas quarter. Hit threshold twice?

So get this I send Disco- an email yesterday and ask what I can expect for my anniversary lol.
They respond with you can call now since you have apr offers!
So I called and they asked would you rather lower my APR for good or a 0% APR period they asked if I plan on making big purchases soon I said yes. I said I was shopping for a card with 0% APR for a year. They gave me 12 months 0 apr on purchases starting tomorrow! 5 days before my anniversary is and would only get 5% cash back on gas (After the 19th)
Honestly I was struggling with meeting the spend and didn't think I would capitalize on some of it.($40 would have missed out on) But now I just pay what I owe then have 12 months to pay for the gas cards I can buy starting tomorrow and hit my spend!
Believe and receive

I made sure to ask if this would affect me getting a second card with 0 apr and all that she replied no and made me feel like I could have it all lol. First time I've had a creditor fight for my business.. (maybe they got wind of my gold card)
If the 10% cash back wasn't so tempting I would garden and not get a second it!
Starting score(February 2018)-520Current Score: FICO 8- 748EX, 768TU, 770EQ, Goal Score: 780 by (05/2020)
BUISNESS CREDIT
Amex Hilton-3000
Amex Amazon Prime 2500
Amex SimplyCash Plus® -1300-
Amex Blue Business Plus Card - 8000.
Amex green charge card- NPSL


TOTAL PERSONAL CL 75,000+
BJs perks World Mastercard-14,000
HILTON HONORS-2000
Cap1 Venture-VS-5,500
Sams Club MC 20000
Citi® - AAdvantage® Platinum Select® WEMC-9000CL, Citi Rewards+(WMC)8500
Amex® Gold card
1st Disco It- 2300 , 2nd Disco it- 5500CL
Dcu-3000-
12/18 Amazon SC- 10,000 cl AND-Walmart SC-7500cl, Home depot- 2000cl-
- Auto loan(55% paid off)
Goal score 800


Message 11 of 19
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Re: 2 disco-it cards. Same gas quarter. Hit threshold twice?

In California, it didn't take me long to hit $1500 on gas purchases... Smiley Mad

Amex PRG (NPSL), Amex Blue Cash ($24K), Amex Simply Cash+ ($4K), Amex Business Cash ($22.5K), Discover ($22.7K), Cap 1 Union Plus MC ($2500), Chase FU Visa Sig ($12K), Chase F Visa Sig ($8.3K), Chase CSP Visa Sig($6.5K), FCB/Elan Rewards Visa Sig($15K), Buckle ($1.3K), BofA AAA Rewards ($84.5K), Paypal credit ($10K), BBVA Clearpoints ($7.5K), Cap 1 Savor ($10K), PenFed PCR ($3500), Bank of the West CB MC ($3K)
Message 12 of 19
Highlighted
Mega Contributor

Re: 2 disco-it cards. Same gas quarter. Hit threshold twice?


@ChargedUp wrote:

In California, it didn't take me long to hit $1500 on gas purchases... Smiley Mad


No Kidding, Glad I dont drive like I used to. The 5% off of Gas at least for The Quarter Helps.

(Plus The Cash Match at the end of 1 year)

I will probably look at a Card Like I think it's Ducks Unlimited and or also The Fort Knox Card.

that offers year round spend for Gas. The Costco is out, as its a 10 Mile Drive One way.

 

I think I  can set The BoA Cash Rewards Card for Gas at 3%

I forget if I can Get 3% out of the US Bank CASH+ Card. might be 2%

and i must have 5 cards at least that are 2% on Gas.

“There is so much pain in the world, and most of these people keep theirs secret, rolling through agonizing lives in invisible wheelchairs, dressed in invisible bodycasts.”
Message 13 of 19
Highlighted
Super Contributor

Re: 2 disco-it cards. Same gas quarter. Hit threshold twice?

You can always get a BBVA ClearPoints and set it to gas. 3% with no limit. 


Message 14 of 19
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Re: 2 disco-it cards. Same gas quarter. Hit threshold twice?


@M_Smart007 wrote:

@ChargedUp wrote:

In California, it didn't take me long to hit $1500 on gas purchases... Smiley Mad


No Kidding, Glad I dont drive like I used to. The 5% off of Gas at least for The Quarter Helps.

(Plus The Cash Match at the end of 1 year)

I will probably look at a Card Like I think it's Ducks Unlimited and or also The Fort Knox Card.

that offers year round spend for Gas. The Costco is out, as its a 10 Mile Drive One way.

 

I think I  can set The BoA Cash Rewards Card for Gas at 3%

I forget if I can Get 3% out of the US Bank CASH+ Card. might be 2%

and i must have 5 cards at least that are 2% on Gas.


I just recently learned about the Ducks Unlimited card, and that may be one of my next cards after a bit of gardening. I'm using Simply Cash + with the 3% set for fuel except for when Disco has it for a 5% category.

Amex PRG (NPSL), Amex Blue Cash ($24K), Amex Simply Cash+ ($4K), Amex Business Cash ($22.5K), Discover ($22.7K), Cap 1 Union Plus MC ($2500), Chase FU Visa Sig ($12K), Chase F Visa Sig ($8.3K), Chase CSP Visa Sig($6.5K), FCB/Elan Rewards Visa Sig($15K), Buckle ($1.3K), BofA AAA Rewards ($84.5K), Paypal credit ($10K), BBVA Clearpoints ($7.5K), Cap 1 Savor ($10K), PenFed PCR ($3500), Bank of the West CB MC ($3K)
Message 15 of 19
Highlighted
Mega Contributor

Re: 2 disco-it cards. Same gas quarter. Hit threshold twice?


@Saeren wrote:

You can always get a BBVA ClearPoints and set it to gas. 3% with no limit. 


You been peeking at my "On The Radar List" ?

“There is so much pain in the world, and most of these people keep theirs secret, rolling through agonizing lives in invisible wheelchairs, dressed in invisible bodycasts.”
Message 16 of 19
Highlighted
Super Contributor

Re: 2 disco-it cards. Same gas quarter. Hit threshold twice?


@M_Smart007 wrote:

@Saeren wrote:

You can always get a BBVA ClearPoints and set it to gas. 3% with no limit. 


You been peeking at my "On The Radar List" ?


Hahaha no, I just have and love the card. Super flexible. If I add a new card that covers a category, my ClearPoints can be shifted to another one. Its a pretty awesome card - and it’s easy to get approved for. The other options like Ducks and Fort Knox are a lot more hassle. 


Message 17 of 19
Highlighted
Mega Contributor

Re: 2 disco-it cards. Same gas quarter. Hit threshold twice?


@Saeren wrote:

@M_Smart007 wrote:

@Saeren wrote:

You can always get a BBVA ClearPoints and set it to gas. 3% with no limit. 


You been peeking at my "On The Radar List" ?


Hahaha no, I just have and love the card. Super flexible. If I add a new card that covers a category, my ClearPoints can be shifted to another one. Its a pretty awesome card - and it’s easy to get approved for. The other options like Ducks and Fort Knox are a lot more hassle. 


@Saeren,

 

I tried to Apply for The BBVA Clear Points, Do you have to have a Checking or Savings?

I tried to apply Last Night, Found The website no problem,

found the card, but then Gave up on Applying. seems i could'nt ???

any Geo Restrictions?, HELP!!

 

EDIT: Also, what CRA do they normally like to pull?

“There is so much pain in the world, and most of these people keep theirs secret, rolling through agonizing lives in invisible wheelchairs, dressed in invisible bodycasts.”
Message 18 of 19
Highlighted
Established Contributor

Re: 2 disco-it cards. Same gas quarter. Hit threshold twice?

Yeah so I did hit the threshold for my first card. I will be receiving $450 when they double the cash back.
I am glad I took the 0 APR for 12 months rather than the slight APR reduction since I was able to hit that threshold by carrying a balance. Which made perfect sense to me. Especially since I have a card with a 10 and a half percent APR so I would never use discover to carry a balance anyways.
Starting score(February 2018)-520Current Score: FICO 8- 748EX, 768TU, 770EQ, Goal Score: 780 by (05/2020)
BUISNESS CREDIT
Amex Hilton-3000
Amex Amazon Prime 2500
Amex SimplyCash Plus® -1300-
Amex Blue Business Plus Card - 8000.
Amex green charge card- NPSL


TOTAL PERSONAL CL 75,000+
BJs perks World Mastercard-14,000
HILTON HONORS-2000
Cap1 Venture-VS-5,500
Sams Club MC 20000
Citi® - AAdvantage® Platinum Select® WEMC-9000CL, Citi Rewards+(WMC)8500
Amex® Gold card
1st Disco It- 2300 , 2nd Disco it- 5500CL
Dcu-3000-
12/18 Amazon SC- 10,000 cl AND-Walmart SC-7500cl, Home depot- 2000cl-
- Auto loan(55% paid off)
Goal score 800


Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.