Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 macys amex cards?

tag
gordoncharles25
New Contributor

2 macys amex cards?

hi guys, can someone explain to me how to get 2 amex macys cards? i guess you need to have the macys store card and the amex version together and then wait for the store be upgraded to make it 2 amex..but now what about if you only have the macys store card and it get upgraded to amex. what about if i decide to apply for another card with macys and it get approved. is the card going to be the amex version also considering that they upgraded me already with my previous card. hope i am making sense

10 REPLIES 10
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: 2 macys amex cards?

If I understand you correctly, this is the senario you're referring to:

a) You are originally approved for a Macy's store card that is later upgraded to a Macy's AMEX.

b) You later come back after the upgrade to the Macy's AMEX and apply for a 2nd Macy's card.

Your question is if whether or not if approved for the 2nd card you would be given the option to choose between the store card and another Macy's AMEX, or if you would only be offered a store card.

Does that sound right?

[I don't know the answer, just confirming what I'm reading given that you're unsure you phrased your question correctly]

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 2 of 11
gordoncharles25
New Contributor

thats sound right. thank you for that. hopefully someone can answer this question

Message 3 of 11
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

My understanding is when you apply if you qualify for the Amex version you would be offered it , if not you would receive the store card. I know it used to be you needed to apply in store for the Amex version straight up but im not sure if thats still true. 

Message 4 of 11
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:

My understanding is when you apply if you qualify for the Amex version you would be offered it , if not you would receive the store card. I know it used to be you needed to apply in store for the Amex version straight up but im not sure if thats still true. 

I did not apply in store and was approved for the Amex version.

Same goes for Bloomingdale's.

However "IF" you apply in store, your initial SL can be higher!

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mine was the AX version from the get go. I have it since June 2021. If there is a way for me to get another card from them I would love to do it. It can be the AX or store version. Do I just apply online like the last time? or do people who have two have them awhile and are grand fathered in?

Thanks

Mark

Message 6 of 11
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

If you don't already have a Macy's card, if you qualified for the AMEX card you will be offered your choice of either the store card or the AMEX card, and they will then formalize the approval.   As @M_Smart007 commented above there have been multiple reports here that support the premise that cashier-initiated offers to apply right then while still at the register trigger more generous starting limits than when applying online.

OPs question is if you already have a Macy's AMEX would they extend you the same option or is it only possible to be offered the store card.  We already have data points here that one can have a Macy's store card and a Macy's AMEX.

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 7 of 11
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@coldfusion wrote:

If you don't already have a Macy's card, if you qualified for the AMEX card you will be offered your choice of either the store card or the AMEX card, and they will then formalize the approval.   As @M_Smart007 commented above there have been multiple reports here that support the premise that cashier-initiated offers to apply right then while still at the register trigger more generous starting limits than when applying online.

OPs question is if you already have a Macy's AMEX would they extend you the same option or is it only possible to be offered the store card.  We already have data points here that one can have a Macy's store card and a Macy's AMEX.

Lol i would apply for science, i need only $76 in credit to break a milestone but something tells me DSNB/CITI has me on a  tight leash lol. Funny part is i DO have 2 Macys cards showing open on my EqSmiley Wink. Had problem with first one , they closed it and opened another. 

Message 8 of 11
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@coldfusion wrote:

@coldfusion, is 100% correctSmiley Happy

One can have (2) Macy's Amex cards.

The process for Me was, store card first, then applied for Macy's Amex,

Then Store card got >>"upgraded"<< to Amex version ... thus (2) Macy's Amex cards.Smiley Tongue(click image to enlarge)(click image to enlarge)

(click image to enlarge)(click image to enlarge)

Message 9 of 11
1LostArk
Regular Contributor

Out of curiosity, what's the benefit of having two Macy's AMEX cards?

Business Cards:
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.