Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 thumbs down for Khols Charge Card

tag
Johnmccoy2710
Valued Member

2 thumbs down for Khols Charge Card

I contacted Khols and asked for the date that they report to the credit bureas. They give me the I have no idea when. They tell me to contact the credit bureas to find out. I asked for a supervisor and I get the same standard answer of we have no way of knowing and I needed to contact the credit bureaus. SMH this am.....

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: 2 thumbs down for Khols Charge Card

Think mine reported after the first billing cycle was completed.
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Unless it's US BANK.... it's random when things get reported each month for account holders.  Check your reports!  Usually for your specific account it there should be a couple day spread of when it gets reported.  Even w/ CK you can see when balances change on your weekly updates if you go under "see ehat's changed".

Message 3 of 10
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@Johnmccoy2710 wrote:

I contacted Khols and asked for the date that they report to the credit bureas. They give me the I have no idea when. They tell me to contact the credit bureas to find out. I asked for a supervisor and I get the same standard answer of we have no way of knowing and I needed to contact the credit bureaus. SMH this am.....

What's the hurry? 

Longer it takes them to report, further you are from new account penalty.

I cant imagine Kohls card having a significant SL to help with utilization. It will happen soon enough. 

Message 4 of 10
Johnmccoy2710
Valued Member

I have had the account open for several months now. It is reporting to all 3 bureaus. I was trying to figure out on which date they report to the credit bureas so i know to have my balance paid in full by that day.

Message 5 of 10
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

In that case, it's an easy one.  They always report the statement balance.  The balance on the day of the month that your statement closes will ALWAYS be the one reported, even if it's not reported to the credit bureaus for a few days.  Some credit monitoring services will show the "last updated" date (not just month and year) for the card, though.  But again, the balance on that date is not what will be reported, it will be the statement balance.  Here's mine on Credit Karma.

kohls.png

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Johnmccoy2710 wrote:

have my balance paid in full by that day.

If you're trying to beat the UTIL reporting then pay it before your STATEMENT closes each month.  What's reported typically is the statement balance from each creditor.  The reference above of US Bank is just one example of a lender that reports whatever your balance is at the end of the month and not the statement balance.

Message 7 of 10
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@Johnmccoy2710 wrote:

I have had the account open for several months now. It is reporting to all 3 bureaus. I was trying to figure out on which date they report to the credit bureas so i know to have my balance paid in full by that day.

With a few exceptions, most lenders report statement balance. The actual reporting occurs either same day or within a couple  days of statement date . Then it's up to CRA to update CR. Update time varies between different CRA, usually EX is fastest, EQ second and TU takes their sweet time. 

If you want to show $0.00 utilization, pay a few days before statement closes so there is enough time for your payment to post. 

Message 8 of 10
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

Pay before the statement cuts if you’re trying to manage utilization. The statement balance is WHAT will get reported to the bureaus. As to WHEN the statement balance will get reported, I can’t say unfortunately.
Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 13k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 9 of 10
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Siskel and EbertSmiley Wink
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.