cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

20 and under have you requested any CLI's since Feb 22nd?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

20 and under have you requested any CLI's since Feb 22nd?

Just curious how the banks are dealing with CLI for those of who are under 21 since the new credit card act.  I have a couple of cards that should be eligible for CLI's in March but I am afraid to call...I can't find any information on who this new CC act effects CC holders who already had cards but are under 21.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
DI
Super Contributor

Re: 20 and under have you requested any CLI's since Feb 22nd?

@Anonymous wrote:

Just curious how the banks are dealing with CLI for those of who are under 21 since the new credit card act.  I have a couple of cards that should be eligible for CLI's in March but I am afraid to call...I can't find any information on who this new CC act effects CC holders who already had cards but are under 21.

Don't call.  Hit the CLI button via the banks' website.  

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Tnanks for the reply DI,

Citi is one of the cards that should be eligible for an CLI but the problem is that I have only seen the luv button 2 since I have had my account. (almost 2 years)  I have received CLI's with them when I called in the past, soft pulls.

I called Discover and the CLI phone option is avaiable, but I chickened out and hung up the phone  LOL!  BofA, State Farm and Macy's should be eligible in March.

Message 3 of 7
DI
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Tnanks for the reply DI,

Citi is one of the cards that should be eligible for an CLI but the problem is that I have only seen the luv button 2 since I have had my account. (almost 2 years)  I have received CLI's with them when I called in the past, soft pulls.

I called Discover and the CLI phone option is avaiable, but I chickened out and hung up the phone  LOL!  BofA, State Farm and Macy's should be eligible in March.

As long as your credit is still pristine with them and on your credit reports there's nothing to be afraid of.  Just make sure they do a soft inquiry only. Goodluck!

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

When you say "should be eligible for CLI's" how do you know that?  What determines that?  I wasn't aware there was any way for anybody, over 21 or not, to determine whether the bank officially considers a card eligible for CLI's.  I thought basically you just had to attempt to get a CLI, but that there was no way to know ahead of time whether it would go through.

Message 5 of 7
SCF
Valued Contributor

Some banks have guidelines about how often an account is eligible for CLIs.  There can be different standards for how often they will auto-CLI, consider a consumer-requested CLI, or offer a CLI option ("luv button") on their website.  Sometimes, a CSR will tell you this information if you ask, and other times, you can work out the standards through places like these forums.
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does anyone know what the guidelines on BOA CLI's are?
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.