Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$200 amextravel.com credits on AMEX Plat

tag
lhcole77
Valued Contributor

$200 amextravel.com credits on AMEX Plat

Just noticed this on my account:

For eligible Platinum Card Accounts that renew April 2020 through July 2020, this offer will be available starting August 1, 2020. For eligible Platinum Card Accounts that renew August 2020 through March 2021, this offer will be available starting on the first day of your Card renewal month.

When you book travel through American Express Travel online at amextravel.com or by calling the number on the back of your Platinum Card, you can earn up to $200 in statement credits for eligible travel purchases made with your eligible Platinum Card. You must have a booking with American Express Travel, made on or after the offer start date with your eligible Platinum Card, for your purchase(s) to be eligible for the credit. 

Both booking(s) and charge(s) for eligible travel must be made by 12/31/2021 to receive the credit(s). Eligible travel purchases include purchases of airfare, hotel, flight + hotel packages, cruise reservations, car rentals, and tours made with your eligible Platinum Card, minus returns and other credits.

Looks like a great offer. Definitely going to work this into my calendar.

ETA--they've added a counter on my main page when I log in:

ticker.JPG

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Re: $200 amextravel.com credits on AMEX Plat

Ahh, thought that got posted already.  Yeah they ended up rolling it out to everyone who renews between now and March.  Both personal and business Platinum cards for me have more going on in credits than the AF this year.

Message 2 of 14
ToxikPH
Established Contributor

I'm not seeing it on mine quite yet, maybe because the AF won't hit until next month?
Message 3 of 14
NRB525
Super Contributor

My card AF was March 27, so still shows the traditional airline fee credit structure for 2020. 

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 4 of 14
CaptJOB
Regular Contributor

I'm pretty sure you should get both for this year. I got some back for an award ticket on United(didn't expect it to trigger honestly) and just used this new credit for $200 off an upcoming trip through the portal

Message 5 of 14
lhcole77
Valued Contributor

@CaptJOB wrote:

I'm pretty sure you should get both for this year. I got some back for an award ticket on United(didn't expect it to trigger honestly) and just used this new credit for $200 off an upcoming trip through the portal

Yeah--I think we're getting both. I got my $200 airline credit already as well. 

Gotta tell you, I'm really impressed with the way Amex has come through on all the extras. Definitely has scored brownie points in my book. 

Message 6 of 14
sammydavidjr
Regular Contributor

@lhcole77 wrote:

@CaptJOB wrote:

Gotta tell you, I'm really impressed with the way Amex has come through on all the extras. Definitely has scored brownie points in my book. 

Same here. They were the fastest to respond to the changes in the consumer economy.

Message 7 of 14
blindambition
Senior Contributor

@sammydavidjr wrote:

@lhcole77 wrote:

@CaptJOB wrote:

Same here. They were the fastest to respond to the changes in the consumer economy.

In some ways they had the most to lose, with so many cards reliant on AF and travel. I honestly think this will always be considered going forward. Consumers are really gonna consider value going forward on Amex travel cards.

Message 8 of 14
lhcole77
Valued Contributor

@blindambition wrote:

In some ways they had the most to lose, with so many cards reliant on AF and travel. I honestly think this will always be considered going forward. Consumers are really gonna consider value going forward on Amex travel cards.

This year I have used or will use:

$200 airline credits

$200 Uber credits (using them as Uber Eats)

$100 Dell credit

$200 Amex Travel credit

$160 cell phone credits

$160 streaming subscription credits

$50 Saks Fifth Ave credit (eligible for $100, but goofed on the first $50 credit because I waited to long)

Total (so far) $1,070 in credits and paid $550 for my AF

Not to mention the spend $10, get $5 credit (x 10 times) for shopping small and spend $50, get $5 credit (x 2) at Target or Walmart. 

Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd all the offers of cash back or bonus MRPs on spend.

Me lurve Amex!

Message 9 of 14
RickNATL
Established Contributor

I still don't have it...renewed in July.

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.