Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$2000 CREDIT LIMIT

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

$2000 CREDIT LIMIT

I have had my Capital One card since Sept 2017 with starting limit of $350 just got my CLI to $950 in May 2019 no late payments and now a zero balance

My Discover iT card I got in March 2019 with $1750 limit, asked recently for an increase with a soft pull and got the dreaded letter, basically they said I have not been with them long enough. No late payments and have a zero balance. I have no other credit or debt.

I am self employed, have owned my business for 19 years now and I am basically semi retired and just applied for social security in May, I turned 62 in June.

I got a Exclusive Invitation from Chase for their Chase Ink Business Unlimited card. Have not applied yet, I figured this card is for big corporations or at least a business that brings in much more than me a year, have no idea even if I would get approved since Chase always requires applicants to have at least 2 years of credit history, I have just under 2 years (1 year 10 months) any suggestions on this? My income now is around $26,000

I have only 1 inquiry on my record which was from Discover back in March, I have checked into some pre-qualified offers by going to various credit card websites and entering my info, Chase does not offer me anything, might be because they sent me an offer already, not sure.

Citi did not offer me anything at all, AMX offered me 3 choices, Gold Card, Magnet Card, and Everyday Card, I know very well I do not qualify for a Gold Card nor an Everyday Card which I have read you have to have Excellent Credit Score, so don't know what AMX is up to with those offers?? I don't like Capital One, their cheapskates when it comes to credit limits, they only gave me increases in $100 increments.

Anyone have a recommendation on a credit card that will most likely get me a $2,000 credit limit? I am doing some home renovations soon and need that much. 

FICO 741

TRANSUNION 732

EQUIFAX 720

Message 1 of 145
144 REPLIES 144
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: $2000 CREDIT LIMIT

Good evening, @Shoot2ThrillI and welcome to the forums.

Regarding the Amex offers, assuming you've received them from their prequalification page, I cannot think of any reason that you wouldn't be approved for any of those cards. Your scores would support any of them and your income will drive you SL, however, the Cash Magnet and Everyday should allow you to grow you limit every 6 months (60 days for the first CLI). You can check out the 3X CLI post for details on how to ask for CLIs.
Message 2 of 145
tbque
Valued Contributor

With your scores and other DPs I’m pretty confident you would be approved for the AmEx cards as their pre-quals are often solid.

Message 3 of 145
addicted_to_credit
Established Contributor

OP, I’m somewhat of a fan of US Bank, My scores were definitely lower than yours when I first apped but my income is around 85-89k. I apped in May for their platinum card and got a 3.5k SL and in June I apped for their cash+ and was given a 14k SL they are a little bit slow with all their manual reviews but I can’t complain about them too much. Your scores (if they’re all fico) look good to get about what you want unless there are things holding them back - collections, late pays and such... I dont know what you can expect for SL/CL’s as far as your income but I’ve ran across a few threads where chase has handed out 5-10k sl’s so who knows, credit is a ymmv game. If you do app for anything please let us know the more DP’s the better! Good luck and welcome!

undefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedMy ImageMy ImageMy ImageMy Image
Message 4 of 145
Anonymous
Not applicable

Pretty good income, you hiring lol. What did you mean by DP? No idea what that means?? 

I have no late payments nor collections, very clean record just don't have a long credit history, I will have been with Capital One 2 years in September and 6 months with Discover come September, how much will that help getting Chase card or AMX?

Message 5 of 145
mrfufoppss
Frequent Contributor

The Petal Credit Card Will maybe be the Best Choice if your Looking for 2000 or More, They Have Pre approvals By Checking your Bank account (I think) But from all the reviews i read They are not scared to Give 3,000 to 10,000 Starting Limits, But Every profile Differs from what i have been Learning

AOD FCU PLOC 10,000
NAVY FED CLOC 3000

Message 6 of 145
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Pretty good income, you hiring lol. What did you mean by DP? No idea what that means?? 

I have no late payments nor collections, very clean record just don't have a long credit history, I will have been with Capital One 2 years in September and 6 months with Discover come September, how much will that help getting Chase card or AMX?

Data points

Common forum abbreviations

Message 7 of 145
addicted_to_credit
Established Contributor

I travel the US doing commercial electrical work- at night definitely not for everyone anyway, DP = data point. Chase(my Daily Driver) seems to prefer thicker files Amex could/should be a solid one for you and their customer service is pretty decent from my Amex days. You can try out BB&T’ pre qual page too, mine was a soft pull and I believe a lot of people here have had the same results. creditcards.com will / can match you up with cards too just use their card finder tool.

undefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedMy ImageMy ImageMy ImageMy Image
Message 8 of 145
HeavenOhio
Senior Contributor

Welcome, @Anonymous. Smiley Happy

You should be good for any of AMEX's cards. What you need to decide is which rewards program is the better fit for you (cash or MR points). I don't have an MR card (like the Everyday), so if you're interested, hopefully, someone will pop in and explain how the system works. Cash is cash, so there's not much to understand except that redemption is delayed by a month after the statement period in which reward is earned.

Also, don't count out Chase. I don't know where you sit as far as the business card you mentioned. But you should be good for one of their Freedom cards or an Amazon Visa. The most important requirements for Chase are that your oldest card is at least a year old and that you don't have a bunch of recently acquired cards.

Because your goal right now is a decent credit limit, I'd go with the AMEX card of your choice.

Message 9 of 145
Anonymous
Not applicable

I take it AMX is more generous on starting credit limits compared to Chase? CreditCard.com I think it was said I was pre-approved for an AMX Saphire Preferred card and an AMX Gold and only Fair chance of any Chase tier 3 card and Good at Freedom card, Wallethub only had me as Fair on any Tier 2 cards even AMX, said I only had either Good or Very Good at cards like ones I already have, the Discover iT & Capital one Platinum cards and cards like Quicksilver, all basically tier 1 cards which I am not interested in.

My main goals are to get at least a $2,000 limit and 2% or better cashback but MP would be okay if it's a better deal than the cashback.

Message 10 of 145
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.