Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$2000 CREDIT LIMIT

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: $2000 CREDIT LIMIT

The only ding I have is that my overall credit history is one year old, I got my first CC in Sept 2017, the Capital One Platinum and my last card was back in March 2019 from Discover.

How would AMX and Chase look at this? Which card is more likely to give me a $2,000 initial credit limit? My total income is $26,000 which is a combination of busniess income and social security.

I have not had a credit card since the early 1990's and basically had no credit history until I got that Capital One card in 2017. No late payments and only one inquiry on my record from Discover.

Thank you.

Message 11 of 145
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: $2000 CREDIT LIMIT

You a Navy Vet?

Message 12 of 145
Anonymous
Not applicable

AMX PRE-QUAL CARDS

I went to AMX Pre-qual page and was pre-qaulified for just 3 cards

Gold Card

Magnant

Everyday Card

Gold Card has a $250 a year fee, no thanks

Magnet maybe okay but may get under $2,000 SL, don't want to wait 61 days for CLI

If I apply for a Sapphire Preferred and get denied would AMX counter offer with another card?

I have a 741 FICO, 732 TU 720 EQ one inquiry one year over all credit history, been with Capital One for almost 2 years and Discover 5 months. No late payments mid 20's income

Some places like Krfedit Karma show me pre-qulified for both Saphire cards but others like Wallethub and Sesame do not??

Looking for a fairly high SL like $2,000 (high for me) so leaning towards the tier 2 AMX cards, need adise on this.

Message 13 of 145
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Re: AMX PRE-QUAL CARDS

@Anonymous wrote:

I went to AMX Pre-qual page and was pre-qaulified for just 3 cards

Gold Card

Magnant

Everyday Card

Gold Card has a $250 a year fee, no thanks

Magnet maybe okay but may get under $2,000 SL, don't want to wait 61 days for CLI

If I apply for a Sapphire Preferred and get denied would AMX counter offer with another card?

I have a 741 FICO, 732 TU 720 EQ one inquiry one year over all credit history, been with Capital One for almost 2 years and Discover 5 months. No late payments mid 20's income

Some places like Krfedit Karma show me pre-qulified for both Saphire cards but others like Wallethub and Sesame do not??

Looking for a fairly high SL like $2,000 (high for me) so leaning towards the tier 2 AMX cards, need adise on this.

Hi and welcome to the forums 

If you want to check Chase prequal, go here https://www.chase.com/prequalified

You did not mention what the limits on the cards you have are, CSP has $5000.00 minimum SL, so your other cards should be near that or over. 

You mentioned wanting "high $2000.00 limit", so what are the limits on the two cards you have? 

Even if you dont get prequal, it's still possible to get approved with cold app but it's hard to tell what your chances may be without additional info.  You'd probably have better luck with Freedom cards. 

Is your utilization high? Your scores are on the low(ish) end for a clean file. 

If you apply for Chase card, and get denied, you can still apply for Amex card. 

Credit Karma, Nerd Wallet and Credit Sesame get paid to peddle cards, so you should pay no attention at all to their recommendations/matches. 

Message 14 of 145
Anonymous
Not applicable

My Cap One card has a $950 limit

Discovery has a $1750 limit

only have one inquiry

Income is in the mid $20's

No deragatories

No Late payments

Message 15 of 145
Anonymous
Not applicable

Used your Chase pre-qual link, they have no offers for me, what does that mean?

Message 16 of 145
addicted_to_credit
Established Contributor

They didn’t match you to anything, same thing happened to me so I cold apped and got the 30 day message and within a week I had the CSP in hand with a SL of 18.7k. I wanted the card because I travel extensively and I don’t think it would be as beneficial if you’re not going to be doing a fair amount of traveling. 

undefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedMy ImageMy ImageMy ImageMy Image
Message 17 of 145
Anonymous
Not applicable

The AMX SP is a tier 2 card right? Which tier 2 card would you recommend for me that will modt likely give me a SL of $2000 or higher?
I know I do not qualify for top Chase tier 2 cards (above CF that is)
Message 18 of 145
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
The AMX SP is a tier 2 card right? Which tier 2 card would you recommend for me that will modt likely give me a SL of $2000 or higher?
I know I do not qualify for top Chase tier 2 cards (above CF that is)

If you want an Amex w/o an AF then look at the BCE or ED cards.

Message 19 of 145
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

OP, what is your definition of a "Tier 2" card and what is the source for such definition?
Message 20 of 145
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.