Did you mean: 

$2000 CREDIT LIMIT

tag
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Re: AMX PRE-QUAL CARDS

@Anonymous wrote:

I went to AMX Pre-qual page and was pre-qaulified for just

Magnet maybe okay but may get under $2,000 SL, don't want to wait 61 days for CLI

Im just sitting back and soaking that comment in.

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 21 of 145
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: $2000 CREDIT LIMIT

Don't go by the approval odds on Wallethub, credit karma, and the likes. They just show you what they want to get a commission off of for your application. They're 'approval odds' are garbage.

Most lenders will indicate which cards you're pre-approved for with a soft pull before you actually apply to them. Amex definitely has it on their cards. Forget which other lenders do for which cards.
Message 22 of 145
addicted_to_credit
Established Contributor

Here is a list it may not be complete:

American Express
Bank of America
Capital One
Chase
Citibank
Discover

Most of them if you see a set APR it’s all but a sealed deal

BOA won’t give a set APR though if they match you with one or more you can try them

You can also try:

https://www.creditcards.com/cardmatch/

undefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedMy ImageMy ImageMy ImageMy Image
Message 23 of 145
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey there,

I agree with what others are saying. Amex would for sure approve you with your scores. If it says your preapproved, you typically are. Just read about the cards and see if MR points are better for you or cash back. I dont have chase cards ( god knows I cant with my app habits) but they are wonderful too. 

Message 24 of 145
Anonymous
Not applicable

Shifu and Sebby on Youtube, their are 3 tier's, basic cards like Capital One Platinum and Discovery iT cards etc, tier 2 are Chase Freedom AMX magnet and crads similar to them, basically a bit higher credit score needed, then their are teir 3 which are the Chase Sapphire cards and AMX cards like that, I am surte their are tier 4 cards like the black card also.

Message 25 of 145
Anonymous
Not applicable

CITI

I went to Citi pre-qualification page this month and it basically they did not have any offers for me?? I have very good credit, don't get it??

Capital One Card $950 credit limit (zero balance no late payments) got it Sept 2017

Discovery iT Card $1750 credit limit (zero balance no late payments) got it March 2019

I only have one inquiry

No deragatory marks

FICO 741

TU 732

EQ 720

Message 26 of 145
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

Those tiers don't mean squat. It all depends on your overall profile. Amex has no problem giving someone with a 640 one of their flagship cards. Chase won't give you the time of day if your history is less than a year old with baby limits, despite having a 745. Someone just posted the other day that their wife got a $15k Sapphire Preferred with a 636 score. Your score is just a way to screen you. Everything else on your report is what will dictate approval or not.

As for amex prequals, if you qualify for a card, you're probably qualified for the others of the same type. Qualified for a green? They'll give you a platinum. Qualified for a magnet, you can probably get one of the Blue Cash cards. Delta blue? Definitely the gold, probably platinum, and people seem to think reserve if you're willing to pay the AF.

Message 27 of 145
addicted_to_credit
Established Contributor

I agree with Brian.... basically you need to pick a card that fits your lifestyle/spend habits and pull the trigger even if you don’t get a 2k CL push enough through it and it’ll grow.

undefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedMy ImageMy ImageMy ImageMy Image
Message 28 of 145
Hex
Valued Contributor

Hi,
I just want to caution you that if your plan is to charge $2000 you want to have a card with about a $6000 limit not $2000. If you charge $2000 on a $2000 card your scores will drop. I think you want to use less than a 1/3 of your available credit. I never carry a balance and others here might have more specific advice. If you already know this I apologize but you sound like you might be new here. Good luck getting your card!
Message 29 of 145
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I went to AMX Pre-qual page and was pre-qaulified for just 3 cards

Gold Card

Magnant

Everyday Card

Gold Card has a $250 a year fee, no thanks

Magnet maybe okay but may get under $2,000 SL, don't want to wait 61 days for CLI

If I apply for a Sapphire Preferred and get denied would AMX counter offer with another card?

I have a 741 FICO, 732 TU 720 EQ one inquiry one year over all credit history, been with Capital One for almost 2 years and Discover 5 months. No late payments mid 20's income

Some places like Krfedit Karma show me pre-qulified for both Saphire cards but others like Wallethub and Sesame do not??

Looking for a fairly high SL like $2,000 (high for me) so leaning towards the tier 2 AMX cards, need adise on this.

Hi and welcome

Iit appears you’re asking the same basic question here in Credit Card

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/2000-CREDIT-LIMIT/m-p/5688234#M1656859

Please try to not cross post because it’s confusing. 

I dont think your credit profile is at a

place right now for the CSP, so dont waste 2HPs (norm for Chase) on that card. 

Also, I kind of LOL when you said you dont want to wait 61 days for a CLI. Most cards dont even entertain a CLI before 6 months. 

And as others have said, those sites that give you approval odds—Nada—marketing only. You’ll get your best approval odds from people in the know on this forum. 

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 30 of 145
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.