tag
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: AMX PRE-QUAL CARDS

@Meanmchine wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I went to AMX Pre-qual page and was pre-qaulified for just

Magnet maybe okay but may get under $2,000 SL, don't want to wait 61 days for CLI

Im just sitting back and soaking that comment in.

Me too 😂🤣😆

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 31 of 145
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Brian_Earl_Spilner wrote:

Those tiers don't mean squat. It all depends on your overall profile. Amex has no problem giving someone with a 640 one of their flagship cards. Chase won't give you the time of day if your history is less than a year old with baby limits, despite having a 745. Someone just posted the other day that their wife got a $15k Sapphire Preferred with a 636 score. Your score is just a way to screen you. Everything else on your report is what will dictate approval or not.

As for amex prequals, if you qualify for a card, you're probably qualified for the others of the same type. Qualified for a green? They'll give you a platinum. Qualified for a magnet, you can probably get one of the Blue Cash cards. Delta blue? Definitely the gold, probably platinum, and people seem to think reserve if you're willing to pay the AF.

+1

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 32 of 145
schsa210
Established Contributor

Re: CITI

I was the same with Citi, I have a Citi DC that gets increases every 6 months, had the Citi Costco but closed it when I closed my Costco membership.  Each time I checked for pre-quals, there was nothing there for me.  Just maybe about 5 months ago, I started receiving snail mail pre-quals and maybe about 2 months after receiving those, other pre-quals starting showing up online.  

It just takes a little patience and continuous positive credit activity.  

Hope it works out for you tho.

~buried myself in the garden~
Message 33 of 145
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just because you don't get results doesn't mean you won't be approved.

I never got a true pre-approval from Citi, Chase, BOA, Amex,  or anyone else other than the bottom feeders over the years.

I have accounts w/ all of them now and decent limits with them.  If you find a card you really really want then apply for it and don't rely on reassuring pre-approvals to show up.

While Citi isn't the best for a big CL in most cases they are consistent.

Message 34 of 145
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I went to Citi pre-qualification page this month and it basically they did not have any offers for me?? I have very good credit, don't get it??

Capital One Card $950 credit limit (zero balance no late payments) got it Sept 2017

Discovery iT Card $1750 credit limit (zero balance no late payments) got it March 2019

I only have one inquiry

No deragatory marks

FICO 741

TU 732

EQ 720

What about the rest of your profile?  How is your utilization?  How thick is your file?  How old is it/what are your age of accounts factors?

Message 35 of 145
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for your reply, how can I have my CC stats automatically show up at the bottom of all my post instead of entering it manually each time?

Also I don't see how some posters are adding graphics to their post, I could not find an icon in the format for that, thank you

Message 36 of 145
Anonymous
Not applicable

I listed everything but my inquiries on the post, I have one inquiry.

Message 37 of 145
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Hi @Anonymous, you won't be able to add images to your signature or to a post until you reach the rank of 'Member'.

An easy way to tell you've reached this rank is the 'New' icon that is next to your member name will be removed.

Once this capability is enabled, you can check out the following thread for guidance on how you can add those images:

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/SmorgasBoard/THIS-IS-HOW-YOU-ADD-CREDIT-CARD-PICS-TO-YOUR-PROFILE/td-p/2262839
Message 38 of 145
Anonymous
Not applicable

It’s part of your signature. I think their is a forum on here that tells you step by step how to set it up or google setting up myficoforum signature. I did mine a while back. It’s not too hard just have to play around with it.
Message 39 of 145
Anonymous
Not applicable

INQUIRIES

I only have one current inquiry on my record, if I apply to 3 CC I assume I will get 3-4 more inquiries for a total of possibly 5 inquires, is that too many and how much will it lower my score? Thanks

Capital One Card $950 credit limit (zero balance no late payments) got it Sept 2017

Discovery iT Card $1750 credit limit (zero balance no late payments) got it March 2019

I only have one inquiry

No deragatory marks

FICO 741

TU 732

EQ 720

Message 40 of 145
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.