Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AMX PRE-QUAL CARDS

How long before I reach member status? Thank you

Message 42 of 145
Anonymous
Not applicable

Post a lot. Read a lot. Learn a lot! That’s what I did. I’m sure there is someone here who has the numbers for you.
Message 43 of 145
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

How long before I reach member status? Thank you

The thresholds are hidden to discourage people from trying to game the system to get there. Just participate in the forum (login, read, post, etc) and you'll get there in no time. 

Message 44 of 145
KJinNC
Valued Contributor

Regarding "tiers": I wish your score was USUALLY the deciding factor, so people would immediately know what they probably would or wouldn't qualify for, but that is not the case, at least in the world of credit cards, for me. I'm well in the 700s and wouldn't qualify for a QuickSilver One, due to reasons that FICO knows as well as Cap1 knows them, but decided not to weigh as heavily when calculating my score as Cap1 weighs them in deciding approval. And that's the rule, not the exception. I used Cap1/QS1 as an example, but the same is true of basically any normal card. Cardmatch gives me one result, Fingerhut. The exception is that my credit union loves me.

I say this not to complain about being rejected for stuff, I would expect that at this stage, I just think there's no point in credit scores existing as a standardized number if they are completely divorced from real-world approvals or denials. We really just need to do what the lenders do, look at our credit reports/profiles and make judgment calls. But in fairness, my profile is from the twilight zone right now. Smiley Happy It probably works better for most profiles, most of the time.

FICO Resilience Index: 64. Cards: 5/24, 2/12, 2/6. Accounts including loans: 8/24, 4/12, 3/6. Card CLs total $213,900, or $240,400 including the AU card. Cards (oldest to newest)

Authorized user / Corporate / Auto loans / Personal loan
Message 45 of 145
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: $2000 CREDIT LIMIT

Do you have any idea how high my SL will be with BOA on a $26,000 yealy income? My other stats are below

Capital One Card $950 CL

Zero balance no late payments got it Sept 2017

Discovery iT Card $1750 CL

Zero balance no late payments got it March 2019

I only have one inquiry

No deragatory marks

FICO 741

TU 732

EQ 720

Message 46 of 145
Anonymous
Not applicable

Out of all AMX cards they only pre-approved me for 3???Have only gotten one pre-approved mailer in the past 6 months and I am signed up to get them, really strange? I used to get at least 2-3 a week when I did not care about them, now that I want them rarely get them.

Message 47 of 145
Anonymous
Not applicable

There is no telling until you apply. For me citi gave me the best limits. Amex puts up with me and others barely trust me. It’s all how the bank looks at you. Also I always search to see what credit bureau is typically used before I apply. As others have said that’s not the only factor. Since my other scores are lower I tend to look for lenders that utilize Experian over the other two.
Message 48 of 145
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Out of all AMX cards they only pre-approved me for 3???Have only gotten one pre-approved mailer in the past 6 months and I am signed up to get them, really strange? I used to get at least 2-3 a week when I did not care about them, now that I want them rarely get them.

AMEX picks 3 cards they think you might be interested in. Their UW criteria doesn't change much. If you're prequalified for one revolver, you can get any of them and if you're prequalified for any revolver, you can definitely get any of the charge cards. 

Message 49 of 145
Aim_High
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Do you have any idea how high my SL will be with BOA on a $26,000 yealy income? My other stats are below

Capital One Card $950 CL

Zero balance no late payments got it Sept 2017

Discovery iT Card $1750 CL

Zero balance no late payments got it March 2019

I only have one inquiry

No deragatory marks

FICO 741

TU 732

EQ 720

Who do you bank with?  You'll usually stand a better chance of approval and better chance of higher limits if you already have a banking or credit relationship with the lender.

Your "high limit" card is at $1750.  That sets the stage for what you might expect going forward from the 'big banks' like BoA, within a range +/- from it.  Some other lenders might be more generous but the large banks are conservative and use your existing limits as a benchmark, from my experience.  They want to know they aren't giving you much more than you've already shown you can handle. 

Business Cards

Length of Credit > 40 years; Total Credit Limits >$898K
Top Lender TCL - Chase 156.4 - BofA 99.7 - AMEX 95.0 - CITI 94.5 - NFCU 80.0
AoOA > 30 years (Jun 1993); AoYA (Feb 2024)
* Hover cursor over cards to see name & CL, or press & hold on mobile app.
Message 50 of 145
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.