Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$2000 CREDIT LIMIT

tag
Aim_High
Super Contributor

Re: $2000 CREDIT LIMIT

@Anonymous wrote:

I bank with a regional bank for my business and Capital One 360 for my personal bank. Don't like Capital One credit cards at all, their cheapskates when it comes to CLI, just give $100 increments.

Capital One is well known for their stingy opening credit line and slow, small CLIs.  That is my only gripe with them, though, and I still use them for some spending.  Keep in mind, the CLIs they offer get larger to a point as your CL and years of experience with them grow.  With a CL under $1K, I'm not surprised they only give $100 each.  If you stick with them, they will probably give you $1K or more.  I used their card some, put in CLIs for years every six months, and grew a smaller-limit card to $22K limit. 

Business Cards

Length of Credit > 40 years; Total Credit Limits >$898K
Top Lender TCL - Chase 156.4 - BofA 99.7 - AMEX 95.0 - CITI 94.5 - NFCU 80.0
AoOA > 30 years (Jun 1993); AoYA (Feb 2024)
* Hover cursor over cards to see name & CL, or press & hold on mobile app.
Message 61 of 145
Anonymous
Not applicable

How many points would I lose with one inquiry? If I applied to 3 cards and have 4 inquires will this hurt my chances on getting any more cards awhile? Does AMX do multiple pulls like Chase?

Message 62 of 145
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: INQUIRIES

So if I applied to 3 CC companies I could potentially lose 30 points?

Message 63 of 145
Anonymous
Not applicable

So I could lose 10 points from each inquiry?

Message 64 of 145
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous 

I have merged multiple threads that you started in different sub forums on basically the same subject.  Please do not do this as it creates confusion and is difficult for those trying to assist you.  If you have additionals questions in this area please post them in this thread.  Additionally, the 'Approvals' forum is for posters to let us know about cards that they were approved for and is not intended for questions regarding applying for credit.  If you have any questions please let me or any other Moderator know. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation and good luck with any application that you make.

Message 65 of 145
Creditsen
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

So I could lose 10 points from each inquiry?

As I understand it, it can be variable. But my recent credit inquiries each made my vantage score decrease by about 7-10 points. 

Message 66 of 145
Anonymous
Not applicable

Point loss isn't fixed for inquiries. They tend to be bucketed as well. I lost points for the first inquiry I got but not the second through fourth on Experian. The fifth then dropped me again. I lost about 5-7 points for each bucket of inquiries (I have 6-8 currently and lost 10-14 points depending on the bureau). It's not really a huge impact on FICO 8 but the older scores used for mortgages and auto loans get a lot fussier. 

Message 67 of 145
Anonymous
Not applicable

It really depends. I think for Amex blue you should be good to go if that’s your goal. Just apply if you want it the worst they will say is no. Then you will have 2 inq on Experian. I have 13 right now and just got approved for a new truck lease and a card. I’m not applying for anything for about a year now but you should be fine.
Message 68 of 145
Anonymous
Not applicable

What's the name of the thread? You talking about the credit card category?

Message 69 of 145
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you

Message 70 of 145
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.