Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$2000 CREDIT LIMIT

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CREDIT HISTORY

First cards are often bucketed with Capital One. Some cards like mine and a few others around here escape the bucket, others get stuck there forever. But subsequent cards aren’t bucketed like the first. I answered your question about the prequal on the other thread.
Message 91 of 145
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous, please check your PMs.

--UB

Message 92 of 145
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CAPITAL ONE

I went ahead and filled out the pre-qual form, I did not put down a preference on the cards. These are the 3 cards I got pre-qualified for, I thought Quicksilver rewards was only for excellant credit? What do you think the SL would be for the first two cards? I know you said the last card has a SL of $3,000, I know Capital One would not give me that.

@Anonymous wrote:
It’s a SP on Equifax. They always ask for the full SSN. It’s not a big deal.

Make sure you hit travel rewards. If you get a prequal for Venture, you will be a lot more likely to get a minimum $5K SL on a SavorOne.

CAPITAL ONE PRE QUAL CARDS.jpg

Message 93 of 145
Anonymous
Not applicable

With a 22.24% APR, you’re not borderline for the card. That’s the APR that Capital One gave me for my SavorOne and I got $10K. Capital One can surprise you sometimes. I say the SavorOne is worth a shot (unless you want the QS instead). Based on current limits and over a year of history with Capital One, I would say $2-3K is likely but you never know, they may give you more.

By the way, Capital One’s definition of excellent credit is much looser than most.
Message 94 of 145
Anonymous
Not applicable

Which Chase card? I read here that AMX is more lenient about SL and more forgiving than Chase on thin files?

I will have been with Capital One for 2 years come Sept and Discovery since  March, so I take it my overall credit history is only 1 -1.5 years old as far as the credit card companies are concerned?

Capital One Platinum Card $950 CL

Zero balance no late payments got it Sept 2017

Discovery iT Card $1750 CL (Will not give me a CI yet, said have not been with them long enough)

@HeavenOhio wrote:

I think Chase would come in at 1.5 to 2k.

@Anonymous, don't get any more than one card right now. In six months, get another. One card every six months is plenty. You'll overcome your thin file soon enough. Time works better than anything else.

I'd look at the Cash Magnet right now. Because your file is clean, I think your starting limit will come in somewhere above the 1k that frequently gets stuck at that level for a while. Once you've had your AMEX for six months, look into a Mastercard or Visa product.

Zero balance no late payments got it March 2019

I only have one inquiry

No deragatory marks

FICO 741

TU 732

EQ 720

Message 95 of 145
Anonymous
Not applicable

3 Months ago Cap One only gave me a $100 CI on my Platinum Card, it's only a $950 limit currently.

@Anonymous wrote:
With a 22.24% APR, you’re not borderline for the card. That’s the APR that Capital One gave me for my SavorOne and I got $10K. Capital One can surprise you sometimes. I say the SavorOne is worth a shot (unless you want the QS instead). Based on current limits and over a year of history with Capital One, I would say $2-3K is likely but you never know, they may give you more.

By the way, Capital One’s definition of excellent credit is much looser than most.

Message 96 of 145
Anonymous
Not applicable

@HeavenOhio wrote:

@ChargedUp, I checked Capital One's minimum starting limits to answer a question earlier today in another thread, and it appears that the Savor's starting limit is now 2k.

Which Savor are you referring to? I was pre-qual for both of them. How much stock do you put in Capital One's pre-qual? I was surpised no venture card came up, I did not enter a preference on cards either.

@HeavenOhio wrote:

@ChargedUp, I checked Capital One's minimum starting limits to answer a question earlier today in another thread, and it appears that the Savor's starting limit is now 2k.

Message 97 of 145
Anonymous
Not applicable

If I prequalified for cap one I always got it. Most posts I have read say it’s close to spot on. If you get the venture I think it’s 5k minimum bc it is visa sig.
Message 98 of 145
HeavenOhio
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous, go for AMEX (Cash Magnet). Your profile is a match for AMEX. One of the goals is to get yourself into higher limits, AMEX  can help you do that.

In six months, look into Chase. At that time, you'll be in an excellent position for one of their cards.

Message 99 of 145
Anonymous
Not applicable

I went back to Cap One Pre-qual page and filled out form again and enterered travel rewards cards and this is what came up (see below) the form did not ask me about my income, all the other pre-qual websites did ask me about that??

CAP ONE PRE QUAL TRAVEL CARDS.jpg

@Anonymous wrote:
Only Venture has a $5K minimum SL, Savor prequal means $2K and VentureOne and SavorOne are both $1K minimum.

Just check prequal and hit travel rewards. If Venture pops, any card you apply for should get a $5K or higher SL.

Message 100 of 145
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.