Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2009 Macy Guideline increases?

tag
cobra19
Valued Contributor

Re: 2009 Macy Guideline increases?

Yes, Macys granted my last cli Feb. 19 for $700. In fact, my last 3 increases have each been for $700. I never carry a balance with Macys. Fact is, since they stopped selling electronics some years ago, they are just a so-so store. The SO likes it, so I keep the card.

New York Yankees - 2009 World Series Champions. 27... and counting.....
Message 21 of 44
elaine829
Frequent Contributor

what nbr did you call? I tried the backdoor nbr but the csr told me to call the nbr on the back of the card.
Message 22 of 44
Scamp
Valued Contributor

elaine829 wrote:
what nbr did you call? I tried the backdoor nbr but the csr told me to call the nbr on the back of the card.

I'm not cobra, but I got a $700 GLI last month ($2200 ---> $2900), and all my GLI's have been no trouble to get just by calling the number on the back of my card.  Smiley Happy

Good luck!  Smiley Happy

02/12/09 EX: 701 / 02/08/10 EQ: 719 / 02/08/10 TU: 723

Backdoor Numbers, Credit Scoring 101, Understanding Your FICO Score PDF
Message 23 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just got a GLI today and upgraded tp platnium status (store card).  Currently my balance is 699/900 and I received a $700 increase. I received my last increase in December for $500 and I had a zero balance then. The rep said it really didnt matter if I had a balance or not just as long as I paid on time monthly (a little above the min.).  HTH 

Also, I got a $1500 increase (didnt request) on the Visa in Jan. after having the card 6mos.

Message 24 of 44
elaine829
Frequent Contributor

Good Increase for you!!! I couldnt wait until i paid off my balance of 198 dollars, my credit limit is 900 dollars. I called today and got a measley 200 dollar increase. i am so pissed. I even asked the csr was it because i had a balance and she said no. I said what do they determine their increase on because i pay more than the minimum amt every month on time. My balance was 530 on the 22 and i paid it down to the 198. The csr said it just depends on a alot of factors they look at other creditors, history with them. The only thing i think might be holding me back on higher increase is a charge off from 02 with capital one that is about to drop off my credit report in oct which has a balance of 2900. Capital one just keep on adding interest every month.my experian score is 671. I dont know why it affects my macys card and not my jcpenney even though jcp pull equifax the capital one chargeoff is on equifax too. And i just went from 600 to 1800 in december with jcpenney after just having the card for 4 mths. My first increase with Macy was a lousy 100 dollars!!! I just going to shop at jcpenney more often. I opened the card in nov i know i have spent over 1,000 with macys so im just going wait 6mths maybe i will get a better increase.
Message 25 of 44
Scamp
Valued Contributor

elaine829 wrote:
Good Increase for you!!! I couldnt wait until i paid off my balance of 198 dollars, my credit limit is 900 dollars. I called today and got a measley 200 dollar increase. i am so pissed. I even asked the csr was it because i had a balance and she said no. I said what do they determine their increase on because i pay more than the minimum amt every month on time. My balance was 530 on the 22 and i paid it down to the 198. The csr said it just depends on a alot of factors they look at other creditors, history with them. The only thing i think might be holding me back on higher increase is a charge off from 02 with capital one that is about to drop off my credit report in oct which has a balance of 2900. Capital one just keep on adding interest every month.my experian score is 671. I dont know why it affects my macys card and not my jcpenney even though jcp pull equifax the capital one chargeoff is on equifax too. And i just went from 600 to 1800 in december with jcpenney after just having the card for 4 mths. My first increase with Macy was a lousy 100 dollars!!! I just going to shop at jcpenney more often. I opened the card in nov i know i have spent over 1,000 with macys so im just going wait 6mths maybe i will get a better increase.

Macy's increases seem to start small and increase over time; I don't think I've ever seen somebody get a huge GLI on a card only a few months old.  They start you with smallish CL's and smallish increases - both grow over time as you prove that you're a a reliable, on-time payer of your bills.

A little patience goes a long way with Macy's, and they're usually worth the effort. Smiley Wink

02/12/09 EX: 701 / 02/08/10 EQ: 719 / 02/08/10 TU: 723

Backdoor Numbers, Credit Scoring 101, Understanding Your FICO Score PDF
Message 26 of 44
Schoolbuskid
Valued Contributor

Ive had my Macy's account since Sept '08, and i have not received one single GLI, whats up with that? I think its about time for me to give them a call!
Rebuilding and Reducing Debt, is my game plan.
Message 27 of 44
elaine829
Frequent Contributor

You can ask for a guideline increase every three months from macys.
Message 28 of 44
Schoolbuskid
Valued Contributor

Thanks, Elaine! I will call tomorrow!
Rebuilding and Reducing Debt, is my game plan.
Message 29 of 44
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

I don't know if anyone else has tried it but when account was opened :1k store, 2k visa.

at 3 months, they offered me $500 increase and I told them I wanted 2500 and 5k on visa and they put me on hold and gave it to me.

then at 6 months, they offered I think 1k on store and I said I was looking for double originally but would settle for middle ground of 4k... she put me on hold and came back and said we doubled both your store card and visa card.

also called bloomingdales last month with $2400 balance on $4200 limit and was given $1100 increase.

Granted I charge thousands on both my store card and visa at macy's but I never settle with the computer offer, I ask for what I want. 

Message 30 of 44
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.