Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2017 AmEx Travel Credit

tag
Schwartzinator
Frequent Contributor

2017 AmEx Travel Credit

Anyone had any luck getting their 2017 credit on MPX? I'd like to get $300 in GC to Amazon.com. Worked for me back in April, but have heard there's been quite a bit of trouble redeeming them through MPX as of late November. 

Message 1 of 52
51 REPLIES 51
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Re: 2017 AmEx Travel Credit

@Schwartzinator wrote:

Anyone had any luck getting their 2017 credit on MPX? I'd like to get $300 in GC to Amazon.com. Worked for me back in April, but have heard there's been quite a bit of trouble redeeming them through MPX as of late November. 

This is an excellent question; it was pretty much 'dead' in December, but since this is a new year who knows... although I don't expect much.

To me Amazon credit is almost as good as cash, so I'll do a test-run for $25 on my PRG and report back what happens.  I honestly don't expect it to work, but a test will let us know that at least for the moment it's still not working (although it would be really cool if it did...)

Message 2 of 52
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

I got burned in December and had to just pay cash as MPX was worthless.  Wheter it came back or not I have no clue.  Be good to know if someone is willing to GP this one for the team lol..  If it is working again I will keep the PRG, if not will dump it.  As stated amazon GC is good as cash for me and that would make the PRG a 95 AF card which I could tolerate

Message 3 of 52
wasCB14
Super Contributor

For people sticking with United, at least the gift registry still works.

I did a mix of bags and MPX for 2016 (I was mostly flying AA with Platinum Select) but am going with Delta for 2017 (bags, lounge guest fees, and maybe a $50 gift card).

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 4 of 52
Coolermaster007
Contributor

Late last yr bought a $100 AA gift card & in less than a week got my travel credit $100 right back to my PRG then my friend gave me $90 for the gift card in cash lol fingers crossed it works this year as well Smiley Happy
Message 5 of 52
UncleB
Credit Mentor

A $25 test purchase has been made... last year my statement credit only took a couple of days, although earlier in 2016 it was taking longer for some.

I'll keep an eye on it and report back what happens.  <fingers crossed>

Message 6 of 52
mattmyFIC0
Established Contributor

From everything I've read the last few weeks it appears that this loose end has been tied up. I tried it in December and had no luck.

Scores 01/04/2017: EQ 719, TU 750, EX 716
Goal scores: 740 across the board
Message 7 of 52
Anonymous
Not applicable

In for the update from UncleB.
Message 8 of 52
Schwartzinator
Frequent Contributor

I've heard of the registry method, but haven't given it any thought. I appreciate the inclusion of a travel credit, but don't understand the number of hoops needed to go through to make it worthwhile when their competiors not only offer more, but also make it significantly easier to redeem. I wish I had hit Chase first as I'd love to carry around a single CSR, but they're giving me the cold sholder for sitting over 5/24. Regardless, I still like my AmEx Platinum and will probably continue putting everything on it. 

Message 9 of 52
Anonymous
Not applicable

It did not work for me either in December!! I presume MPX is dead for Amex!!
Message 10 of 52
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.