Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2017 AmEx Travel Credit

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: 2017 AmEx Travel Credit

That's what I did with the first $200 credit. With my 2017 credit I just put quantity 4 and it was credited back as 4 separate $50 gift card purchases. 

They don't expire. You can use them to book travel but can only use three at a time so book one way flights to help get around this.

Message 31 of 52
fltireguy
Valued Contributor

Bought $200 in $50 Southwest GC last month, just bought another $200 between Wednesday and today.. Already saw the credit from the first two on Wednesday

NFCU $60.4k/PenFed $22.5k/Commerce $15K/53 $11K/Synovus $14K/BBT $11K/CapOne $12K/DCU $7.5K/BMO $7.5K/Chase $14.5k/Cabelas $10K/ and many many more!
Total CL $398600, plus car and RV loan.
Ooh. Ooh. Getting closer to that $500K mark!
Message 32 of 52
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@fltireguy wrote:

Bought $200 in $50 Southwest GC last month, just bought another $200 between Wednesday and today.. Already saw the credit from the first two on Wednesday

by what method/application if you dont mind as I got bent over by MPX in december.  Foold me once shame on your, fool me twice shame on me.  Want my travel credit before cancelling or downgrading my card as SW is something I can use for a portion of travel at least

Message 33 of 52
guinness8878
Established Member

Just bought one $100 Southwest gift card for this year on Friday, the credit was there this AM for anyone with Southwest as their airline. Will space the other two out so it isn't obvious. 

Message 34 of 52
csryang
Frequent Contributor

@guinness8878 wrote:

Just bought one $100 Southwest gift card for this year on Friday, the credit was there this AM for anyone with Southwest as their airline. Will space the other two out so it isn't obvious. 

I think you all are very careful in this...

just for DP, I purchased one $200 SW gift card and the credit showed up 2 days after. 

Message 35 of 52
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@csryang wrote:

@guinness8878 wrote:

just for DP, I purchased one $200 SW gift card and the credit showed up 2 days after. 

from their website I assume? 

Message 36 of 52
csryang
Frequent Contributor

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@csryang wrote:

@guinness8878 wrote:

from their website I assume? 

Yes, SW eGC

Message 37 of 52
UncleB
Credit Mentor

To 'close the loop' I will share that my MPX purchase wasn't reimbursed, and while Amex states that it can take a number of weeks we all know that in practice it (usually) doens't, so I'm considering it dead.  (No big surprise there, but in any case this is a 2017 data point.)

I'm going to be changing my airline to Delta, and at some point later on I'll pick up a couple of Delta GCs.  It's not as lucrative as Amazon GCs, but at some point I'll probably do something with them and they don't expire (at least not yet).

Message 38 of 52
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@UncleB wrote:

To 'close the loop' I will share that my MPX purchase wasn't reimbursed, and while Amex states that it can take a number of weeks we all know that in practice it (usually) doens't, so I'm considering it dead.  (No big surprise there, but in any case this is a 2017 data point.)

I'm going to be changing my airline to Delta, and at some point later on I'll pick up a couple of Delta GCs.  It's not as lucrative as Amazon GCs, but at some point I'll probably do something with them and they don't expire (at least not yet).

RIP MPX Smiley Sad.. Why does Amex have to be so difficult on their travel incidentals

I did mine over a month ago I believe and notta.. just 50 MR for 50 dollar Amex GC through MPX and no credit.  It is dead.

Message 39 of 52
iheartwings
Valued Contributor

I bought a $200 gift certificate on delta.com on January 2. The credit still has not shown up on my account, which is somewhat unusual since it has usually been credited fairly quickly.

Not sure if it has anything to do with it being the beginning of the year.

Message 40 of 52
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.