cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2018 Credit Card New Year Resolutions!

tag
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: 2018 Credit Card New Year Resolutions!

Lol Pirate, if all else fails, they just put the last Pirates of The Caribbean movie on Netflix!!, Pirates for a Pirate? Smiley Wink
Message 91 of 133
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hopefully for me this can be a multi-year behavior change.

I absolutely do not need another credit card.  Have been in the garden for nearly 9 months.   I want to keep raising my AAoA which sits at 3 years and 4 months.  Completely satisfied with my major card's current limits.  My Sportsman's Guide sits at $9,250 so I will hit that button one more time.  My Total Rewards sits at $6,250 with a CLI coming in 2 weeks.  I will keep hitting the luv button until that also gets above $10,000.

My utilization has never gone above 2% so I've never had a problem with debt.

I am satisfied with $25k on Lowes, nearly $20k on NFCU and $10k on Venture One.  I finally made it to a respectable level and want to engage in no behavior that may mess it all up.

Message 92 of 133
Anonymous
Not applicable

Get a five figure bankcard.  Not a store card, a fricken Visa or something

This glass ceiling is killing me.  I dont need 25k, I dont need 50k, just give me 10k so I can actually push all my spend through ONE card in a month without worrying about having to PIF multiple times a month so I dont get annihilated on utilization.

Message 93 of 133
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks AJC I love the Pirates movies cuz they make me feel at home. 

I miss the days of plunder. Now we have credit cards and we have to make payments Smiley Sad

Message 94 of 133
Cherekas
Frequent Contributor

2018 Credit goals for me include;
Paying less interest
Gardening until the end of the year
Paying down debt
Saving more
Reducing current utilization from 16% to 8% or less
Welcoming all Sp’s this year, no HP’s
No new cards (too many currently)

Here’s to a great 2018 for us all! Cheers 😊
Score: F8 EQ 609, EX 597, TU 614 (1/17) Current Score: F8 EQ 701, EX 714, TU 689 (12/18)

Goal Score: 700+ across all 3--Gardening until May 2019
USAA Amex-USAA Rate Advantage VS- Amex Gold- Amex Delta Blue- Macys- NYC CC- Victoria's Secret- Cap 1 QS- NFCU CR- Care Credit- Firestone- Sams Club CC- Best Buy Visa- Paypal 2% MC

Total CL $96,300
Message 95 of 133
blondy250
Established Contributor

Decrease spending, increase savings, and continue to max out retirement plans (close to 7 figures in 2018). I have no credit card debt, continue to pay off 2nd home, and enjoy life.

Fico 8 12/9/17
Equifax 850, TransUnion 842 10/30/17 , Experian 842 12/11/17 . AAOA 12 years Oldest 20
No inquires since 2014
All credit reports frozen
Fico 8 Equifax Bankcard 866 12/27/16
Message 96 of 133
Anonymous
Not applicable

Happy New Years Fico Family!
I enjoyed readying all of your new year's resolutions, best of wishes everyone!
Mine is... to remain patient & carefully think things through as i build my credit profile this year.
I love this forum!
Message 97 of 133
joltdude
Senior Contributor

New Years Resolution for Cards...

Hmm

Really not sure what I want to do... Really want something with rental and price protection and a flat cashback card i can actually use for anything vs Blispay (Blispay has no purchase protections... just the tasty 0 offers).... perhaps close Amazon Visa and move its limit to my Freedom... still feel like 20.24 APR is an insult.... and with no price protections im better off using the Freedom at Amazon anyways...

Theres not much to grow but my score.. its getting up in the 780s on at least 2 CRAs... Think im on the end of the line for discover and dont really need a 20k card.. I have 0 need for more credit from Disco...And my other cards seldom if ever move.. Love to see Blispay move, or either of my chase cards... my cu shocked me with a unsolicited 1500 cli... some on here have reported their a tough cookie .... and usually HP....

Is it odd for me to already think about closing 2 and adding one?

-J

Message 98 of 133
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
I realize other goal would be somehow, someway, find a way to take some sort of vacay this year. I need itSmiley Wink

Come visit!

Message 99 of 133
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
My resolutions:

Stay in the garden until I hit a year in April.

I'm determined to get a CLI for AMEX this year. It will be a year old in March so I'll wait to try then. We have this game where I request and they deny. I was mad at first but now I'm super determined. They will crack one day.

Spread out my spend more instead of just mainly using my CSP. I gotta give others some luv haha.

Get one new card this year and close VS. I have enough undies for a lifetime.

Non credit - Read 60 books/audiobooks, continue growing my savings, and pay off at least 20k on my student loans.

LOL!

Awesome goals! Wishing you the best!

Message 100 of 133
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.