cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2018 Credit Card New Year Resolutions!

tag
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Re: 2018 Credit Card New Year Resolutions!

Be boring and remind people to (also) focus on things like Roth IRA/401(K), as they will matter more in the long term than 1% extra in cc rewards!

Message 21 of 133
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Haha, good to see ya OddSmiley Wink

Awesome sauce UncleBSmiley Happy. Now dont get me wrong im not against cli ieventually when i have my core id like to have them at their best so if sp cli is available ill shoot for it but even though ive given up on be a a chase bot lol, going 0/24 would be awesome to achieve. I think if more people went that route at least once, their Chase dreams would be much more achievable.
Message 22 of 133
mspenny
Valued Member

I will be 4 yrs out from bk7 in 2018. I will also graduate to a silver spade at the stroke of midnight! My goals for the upcoming year include getting scores across the board +/= 725, inquiry free by 8/2018, and apply for navy and at least two others with decent CLs before coming back to the garden where I plan to stay until my car dies and I am forced to purchase.
PS: got an awesome christmas gift from TU. Wrote to dispute late on closed reaffirmation acct...They didnt correct it, they DELETED it (wouldnt have been for another 3 yrs). 😁

Message 23 of 133
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'd like to stay in the garden for all of 2018 Smiley Surprised that said, my goals are:

1. SP CLIs only - if I get any auto CLIs awesome, and I am hoping for Barclays and BOA to give me some luv in the new year.

2. No HPs whatsoever (unless it's beyond my control) - so no changing of utilities, internet or cell service which would otherwise trigger an HP.  Ugh.

3. Get my EX Fico 8 stable to the 790s.  All the HPs pummeled it out of the 800s, and all the new accounts (which were opened to offset CLs lost in closing sub-prime accounts) dropped my AAoA down by about 2 years, but I'm still above 7 years.

4. Pay off my BoA balance transfer and get down to 1% utilization on that line, and maintain 0% on all the revolvers.

Message 24 of 133
Anonymous
Not applicable

Product change my Citi ThankYou Premier to Prestige when it turns one year old in May.

Message 25 of 133
Gidgetmom
Frequent Contributor

Happy New Year everyone!

My new year credit goals are:

Garden (with exception of a possible HP for a Chase cli);

See if Discover will give me an auto cli at the 3 month mark and then smash the luv button if they do;

MAYBE ask Chase for a cli on my SWRR as I’ve  had it for 2 years in February with no luv;

And, finally, let my two Comenity store cards go (I don’t use them, but they were good early on in my rebuild).

After those two CLI’s, I will not ask for any more.  Chase and Discover are my lowest at $3000 and $7000 respectively.  All other cards are over $15,000 and I don’t see a need, or ability, to use more than that with my spend.

I had an aggressive year in ‘17 while building my profile.  Time to kick back and let it age!

See ya in the new year!  Much love 💕 

Message 26 of 133
odd_dog
Valued Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

Be boring and remind people to (also) focus on things like Roth IRA/401(K), as they will matter more in the long term than 1% extra in cc rewards!

OMG I could not hit the kudos button ENOUGH!!!!!!!!!  Thank YOU for that reminder!!!!!

Message 27 of 133
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@kdm31091 wrote:

No inquiries in 2018 (unless unrelated to credit cards). Just focusing on what I have and laying low.

That's my resolution too.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 691

Message 28 of 133
bizarrocreditworld
Valued Contributor

I've already met my credit goals for 2018 (one bank card over $10,000, PIF policy, others over $5,000), so my resolutions are:

1 - No inquiries since I'm not applying for anything

2- Get my FICO 8 scores to get closer to my FICO 9 scores by paying in time and continuing AZEO. (all of my FICO 8 scores are 717-734, all FICO 9 scores are over 770)

3- Trimming down unused cards throughout 2018.

4- Keep on learning from the best folks here on MyFico!

No credit news is good credit news!
Message 29 of 133
Joecooltech
Regular Contributor

Mine is no new accounts no hp until September hopefully a big increase on my qs1
Message 30 of 133
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.