I'm not ready for pruning yet... still need the ridiculous lines for utilization padding.
As of a few days ago, I'm firmly in the garden for 365 days. No new accounts, no inquiries.
I've got a quite a few balance transfers to do in Jan/Feb of 2020, but other than that, I intend to lay low next year.
I need to review my AF cards this year and figure out if I want to continue them.
I know I will be asking for retention, or downgrade on my delta gold. I need to crunch numbers on my csR in June, and on my aaps in October.
No new app until 2021.
My goals: Get a car loan, get 2 credit cards (not secured under my belt) then garden for at least a year. Current fico scores are in the low 600's (barely)... and be mentored by you, LOL!
I don't really know what my credit plans for 2020 are. I am at the point where my BK falls off in July and that's going to open a bunch more doors for new accounts. I may take another shot at Cash+.
I really should prune some of my cards, especially my ridiculous Sync exposure, and I'll definitely downgrade BCP to BCE but my main focus right now is paying off the balances I racked up the last few months as quickly as possible. $4200 is a lot more than I am comfortable with.
I'll probably do at least a little bonus chasing, but I'll generally focus on MRs.
Some AF trimming, but I'm not sure how much will be downgrades vs. closures.
My plans just got slightly adjusted due to getting an Apple Card (there is a thread with a longer version of why), but same basic plan I would have given last week ...
1 - Wait until at least late February, when I will be eligible to apply again for an Amex CLI. I won't apply unless I'm getting preapprovals for some Amex cards. I will wait a little longer if I'm not seeing good preapprovals. I do not want another Amex card, I just speculate that preapprovals are a good proxy for whether they will approve my CLI request. I would ideally like a 3x CLI on my Hilton card to $9,300. If that happens, I will move $1,500 to the Delta card and wait six months to try for another 3x CLI on the Hilton card. If I am able to get that 3x CLI as well, that would take Hilton to almost $24,000. I would then equalize the two cards (Hilton and Delta) to ~$12,500 each. If I get smaller CLIs, I will follow the same general plan, just with lower numbers.
2 - Late next year, I will probably try again for the Ducks Unlimited card (rejected in fall 2019).
3 - I will also request Discover SP CLIs every few months. I need to see if Apple CLI requests are SP or HP. If they are SP, I will also work on that. Coastal is a HP. I may or may not do that. I don't want the HP, but on the other hand, Coastal loves me and may bump my CL up quite a bit. They gave me a $5,000 CL when nobody else would even give me an unsecured non-predatory card. I'll also request CLIs on my two Sync cards periodically.
4 - I might downgrade my Hilton card shortly after the second AF hits.
5 - Otherwise, stand pat, prepping for Sapphire application sometime in 2021; and, a Sapphire is as far as I can see for my credit card plans. Nothing after that right now, although I am sure that will evolve over years.